Where will you both live?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Where will you both live?

Postby wantingmore » Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 am

Chas wrote:Ok - When you have met the love of your life - married - but - where do you live?

Treat this as a hypothetical question as sometimes work dictates where you end up living - so ladies and gentlemen:

1. Ladies - Do you want to live in the Philippines? or do you want live elsewhere?

2. Gentlemen - Do you want to live in the Philippines? or do you want to take the love of your life back to your home country? Or another country?

If possible say why one option or the other appeals to you.

Women must sacrifice when she's far from her family. Wherever i am, my woman will be with me.
wantingmore

Postby crisipicada » Wed May 26, 2010 6:23 am

If it needs to sacrifice then i should.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Many times the filipina will move to the foreigner's country if the foreigner has a job that he needs to attend to. Many times the filipina wants to live in the foreigner's country for the opportunity of working and sending money home to help with the families in need. My friend is near retirement age, but his filipina wants to live and work in this country to help her families in the Philippines. They are also still sending money to have their new house worked on, which helps them, and helps her families in the Philippines as well. That is the way they want/like it, and he is as happy about it as she is. Now with my brother-in-law he intends to live in the Philippines the rest of his life. He is retired with more than enough to live on, so they help their families a quite a bit, have a wonderful home, as well as a second house, huge garden, hire a maintenance man/guard who is related to his filipina, and there is no unhappiness there with any of them either. There are times that the filipina would like to stay in her country and have her guy move there with her. When the foreigner is retired that works great, with no obligations in his country. I think every situation is different, and each couple has to decide what they want. I think if the foreigner can move to the Philippines and live there it is great because usually the filipina is closer to her family that the foreigner is close to his family. If there are no obligations I think it is easier for the man to leave his family than for the woman to leave her family. I can understand how the filipina would love to stay in her country where it is warm the year around, rather than freezing here in the winter time. It is no big deal for us because we are accustomed to that, but Carol's brother has lived in Asia so many years, not only because of his marrige to the filipina, but he worked there for years, and he enjoys the heat there more than, in fact he hates the cold here. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby farmer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Okay, want to get straight with this issue. I get stronger and think positive as days passed. I am getting mature, responsible and open-minded. Where will you both live? I do agree that where your husband be the wife should be there. That is the unique of being together and one. Do not make things complicate, both husband and wife should be together. A happy family stays together as they pray together :P . Environment in the Philippines is good unless you are in a far flung areas. Stay in a modernize place. Do plant tress to refresh your surroundings. It is a good feeling to breathe fresh air.
farmer

Postby Edwin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 pm

It is kind of funny because when I left home everything I owned fit in a car easily without even packing it in. After we were married everywhere we lived we accumulated a few more items. We lived in this one place since 1986, and we really accumulated a lot of things along with many things the former owners just left behind with us; they were our relatives. Then we left that place just as it was and moved to this place deep in the Cascade Mountains in a National Park. We moved into a full length doublewide and filled it with things. When we left there I hauled a lot of things to our dump, and then fill a 40 foot refrigerator trailer with what was left. I moved it to where we are living now, only we did not move here when we thought we were going to, but move into the 2nd and 3rd story of a huge A frame to live there for 2 more years and accumulate a few more things. I purchased another 44 foot refrigerator trailer and had it move here to sit beside our other trailer. I then purchased a 50 foot doublewide very reasonably, and we have been working on it ever since. We have done a lot to it, and a lot still needs to be done, but it is very nice for us to live in with all new doors, windows, a sliding glass door where before there was only a window, 3 renewed rooms, 4 needing renewed yet, but they are clean and liveable. We moved everything up the hill here from that house we lived in from 1986, and now we have our doublewide house full of our things, and 2 refrigerator trailers full of our belongings as well. Much of the stuff we have, we will never use, but it is just there in case. Most of it we have used in the past, or had it in case we needed it. Carol and I are fine and comfortable here. Our younger daughter moved here with us for a while, so now it is Carol, I, and our daughter. She is in the process of getting her younger daughter back, and so she may also join us before long. Her other daughter is with her sister, one of the twins, near a University she plans to attend. As long as Carol and I both live we will probably be right here. It is a nice place to be, and our twin that lives here and Carol have a lot in common, and they hang out together a lot of the time. Carol said that she never wants to move again, and I don't blame her. They are trying to find the amount of insulin that will take care of her blood glucose level, and she is at 70 units now, and it is not controled yet, but it is lower than it was, so maybe we are not far from finding the amount of insulin that will solve her problem. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Wherever my future husband would be, I will go with him. I believe that it is a must to submit to husband. Of course I would be glad to spend time together with him and no disturbance. How I really wish.....
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 pm

I just saw one of my old posts, and now I realize that I gave false information. I thought I was telling the truth, but the information is not correct. I said that Carol was at 70 units, but actually she never was at 70. I think at that time she was at 60 units, but now she is at 63 units, and has been for some time now.

Crisi, it would be a hard adjustment to leave your surroundings, your culture, and your family. You would make the adjustment if it were God's will. It would be nice for you to have a loving, supporting husband, that would be with you for you to comfort each other and work together. It would be very happy for you. I think it would be hard for the ones to leave, but many do it. My friend's filipina wife left her job in Manila, her family, and yes she misses them terribly. In fact they moved away from the mountainous area that we all live in at the head of the lake where we had to fly or take a boat, because the communication was poor, and she couldn't talk with her family much. I think maybe the isolation bothered her also, as there were only about 60 people who lived there. They moved close to where we live only they moved a couple of years before we did. But now she likes this country to the point that she would rather live here even though they have a new house in the Philippines, and could live comfortably. I think part of it is that she is working, loves her work, and wants to keep sending money home, and if they moved to the Philippines she would be limited in the amount of money that she could help them with. I pray that God will bless you with His direction and provision, and give you strength as well as helping your family. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum