Online'Dating' scam issues - all is not what it seems (Or?)

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Online'Dating' scam issues - all is not what it seems (Or?)

Postby Edwin » Sat May 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Wow, DavidM, you do get around! That is like my brother-in-law who just recently died from cancer. He was retired from the Navy, and then he worked all over the world inspecting ships. He wrote work orders for repairs, and then after the jobs were completed he would go in and inspect to see that the job was completed to specifications. Out of all the countried he worked in he chose to retire in the Philippines, and marry a filipina with whom he was very happy, and she was also. He wanted to live in the Philippines, and I guess she had no desire for immigration, because she is still there enjoying what they built together, although I think she misses him terribly. I have a quite a few connections with the Philippines and filipino people, and I will agree with you about what those people are like. I really enjoy being around them, and they are good people. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby DavidM » Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 am

It's not that I get around, lol. I bet if you think about it you would probably be able to make a list. I was in the military for a while and had that exposure. The rest of it has been just where I live. We have a saying here in Florida that most people who live here aren't from here. We also call Florida "God's waiting room" because so many people come here to retire and they like the weather. My friend Loretta from the last company I worked for moved here from Chicago and complained about the lizards all the time haha. I told her that's one of the craziest things to be scared of because they can't do anything to you. That bit of advice didn't many any difference.

I think I'm a little off topic in this thread now :lol: The colleges here are a big melting pot. I worked for a company for 3 years back in 2001 and half of the people in the office (about 15 or so) were from Bosnia and the surrounding area. I loved their accents. One of the girls there was going through the process of getting her citizenship and she eventually took her tests and stuff and got it. I didn't realize what a big deal it was at the time until I've read some of these forums, but we were all happy for her.

Anyways, so for me it's just been totally random and living my life in melting pot areas. I never know what I'm going to run into when I put my shoes on in the morning, but it's not an every day type of thing.
DavidM

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 am

DavidM, I was in Chicago when it was hot and miserable. I understand it can be very cold with a bitter wind blowing in the winter, and it must be a transition to move from that to Florida. My great grandfather and his son, my grandfather's brother moved to Florida, married young wives, lived right next to each other. My great uncle died there in a tug boat accident where he was the operator. We have lizards here that live in the ground. They are cute little fellows and I like them very much! You are never bored when you put your shoes on in the morning, huh? :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon May 07, 2012 1:33 am

I believe that it is better to really take time to talk to the person. Observe him or her while you are chatting or talking over phone. You will really know. God sees our hearts so we must pray for guidance if the other is honest and sincere.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm

You are right Crisi, that it does take time. Talking and observing is important while chatting or talking over the telephone. God does see our hearts, and it is important to pray for His guidance. Honesty and sincerity are important qualities. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum