If I always do what I have done, I will always be....

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: If I always do what I have done, I will always be....

Postby farmer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Mr.Magoo wrote:I think that you are correct with your statement. If an individual desires to make changes in themselves or in the circumstances of their life, then they must do something....they must take action. There are people who believe that by simply moving the furniture around in a room brings on changes in attitudes or lifestyles. Some believe that the direction that the bed you sleep in is pointing makes a difference in you. I don't know about that,but I do think that subtle changes in one's routines or habits can make a big difference in one's overall behavior over time.
For an example I will say that a person is a little overweight, and they want to lose those extra kilograms. But they have a certain habit or routine that they do the same thing everyday. They sit and watch tv and eat snacks during their free time. They can make a change in themselves by making the decision to get up off the couch, stop watching so much tv, and going out for a walk or getting another form of exercise. So in doing that they will lose a little weight, feel better, look better, and have a more positive outlook on life. Plus they might even save a little money on electricity bills and snack food expenses. :lol:

Extra pounds? Not me anymore!!!! :D :D :D :D

In my spare time, I use to do something. I uproot weeds, I do clean house, or do something productive.
farmer

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:07 am

Learn from other experience is important, and learning for our own experience is important, too.

But learning from what the Bible says, is much more important from the two above statement.

Like in many dating relationships, I heard so many regrets and they really wish that they should not have done that. Also, it will always leave scars about their pasts. Now, it is important that we must not do things that make people regret in the past. Also we must not do mistake what we have done by experience. But, we must not do things that God has forbidden, just like sex before marriage, it will always makes life miserable. :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:20 am

Yes, you are so right, Crisi, if God has forbidden it, then we must not do it. God forbids certain activities for good reasons. When God says that we should not have sex outside of marriage, there are good reasons for that, and people learn the hard way what those reasons are when they do that.

All of us have a tendency to want to stay where it is comfortable. But if we always stay where it is comfortable we will never grow and develop. Sometimes we have to do things that don't come natural for us, and after a while they will become natural. If I never take the risk to get into the water I will never learn to swim. I started out with floating, then dog paddling, and lastly swiming. I am not a good strong swimmer, but I can swim. My older brother is a good strong swimmer. My Dad and one of his brothers were good strong swimmers. You have to start to change sometime, and Sir Michael is correct in that the change comes with small steps. So break out of your comfort zone, take some small steps, and change for the better! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum