Mindanao Safe For Americans?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Mindanao Safe For Americans?

Postby BigBlastGuy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:47 pm

How safe is Mindanao for americans? It's different for filipinos, what may be safe for them may not be safe for americans.

Filipinas, if you had an american guy visiting you, how would you advise him on traveling in and around Mindanao?
BigBlastGuy

Re: Mindanao Safe For Americans?

Postby red » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 am

Dont go to Lanao or zamboanga areas unless you have company. I dont let my husband go alone i.have to be with him or assign somebody that i trust to accompany him. If your visiting a filipinA have her meet you at NAIA airport. Or have a hotel service pick you up from airport. Better have your filipina reserved the hotel room for you .
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:42 am

I have heard about those two areas, and it is a great idea to have someone with you who will keep you safe. My friend who is married to a filipina has no fear, even when he should have fear! And I followed him where he went, making two targeted people. Two of his filipina wife's brothers warned him of the dangers. We walked fast and kept our eyes moving. One of the brothers warned us of the dangers around the Robinson Mall and City Garden's Hotel area in Manila. We were walking in that area, and he told us it really wasn't safe. I think it is safer with the filipino people with you. The other brother told us it was not safe for us to be walking on the hiway north of Dumaguete City, like we were, so he went with us to keep us safe! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 pm

I was in Cagayan de Oro City last weekend to meet my brod in law from texas (filipino). While we were in the SM mall, a lot of white guys there. It is safe there. WHile walking outside, of the mall i can see a lot of foreigners.

Here in Valencia City, there are a lot of white guys I see from time to time. especailly here in the new terminal. Because this is where you can take bus. And our office is here. Also when i was in the city proper here in Valencia, there are lots of white guys I saw in NVM Mall or Gaisano. well, all i can say that it is fine as of now. I do not know in times to come.

Last April this year, 3 white people from texas came and they spend time here more than 2 or 3 weeks. They stayed in Maramag where there is new hotel there. My sisters and niece and nephew tour them around Maramag, and go to Lake Apo where there is boat in that big river here in Valencia City. ALso they visited the hydrothermal in Maramag. They are safe and really have fun here. It is safe, as long as the Lord will protect us it is safe.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 pm

I have a friend (Canadian) who lives in Marmag and he has no real problems,I know of some folks in CDO that just love it there. I don`t know if it is cool to post links to other groups here but I will send you a link or two in a PM. I hope they help you .
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 am

Someone wrote on here some time ago, and said that if you talk to people in one area, they will tell you it is safe here, but don't go over there! If you talk to people over there they will say it is safe here, but don't go over there. Everyone thinks it is safe where they are, but dangerous some other place. It is a good idea to talk with the people from the area that you trust. Also it is very important to pay attention to what these people tell you about being safe, and allow them to keep you safe. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby MONLMON » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Have close friend that did live in CDO city proper, and traveled throughout the whole of Mindanao and never had nor seen a problem. They (asawa & self) would travel up into the mountains small villages and still no problems, deliver food & medical supplies. Like was stated in earlier post, one area warns of the other area..

they also traveled around the Zambonga & Lano del Sur's and areas south....they now live North East of Cagayn de Oro City up in the mountains, where it is cooler and no MOSQUITOS... says it's cool never has used his airconditioner... :mrgreen:
MONLMON

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 am

Yes, you hear the horror stories, the ones that always make the news because they are wanting sensationalism. It is nice to hear about someone who has been through the area and has experienced no problems. I like to believe I am safe and feel safe as well. We have had scares even where we live from things that have happened also. A number of years ago, 40 some, one orchard worker murdered another orchard working for his car and his money. Actually that happened to my cousin in California, who was a construction inspector of building projects, like bridges, over passes and the like. He was sleeping in his car to save a little money, and somone murdered him to get his car. Not many miles from where we live here, a guy's hired man murdered him with a large screw driver, using it to stab him in the heart miltiple times. We don't lock our house, or take keys out of our cars, so we are not afraid at all, although tragedy can strike at any time! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 am

Here in the place I live, it is safe for white men. I see a lot of white men who are coming over here in the new integrated bus terminal since it is where they will take bus going to south or north or Davao or Cagayan De Oro city, respectively.

When there is Caucasian men, I always look outside and stare at them because they are unusual to our color. For, we are brown and they are white. :D :D :D Not only that, they are tall, and I am short :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 am

Yes, Crisi, it is like seeing a bunch of tall white giants walking around, huh? :lol: I know what you mean Crisi about staring at the white men walking by. When I was a little boy we lived in a community where there was just one Native American Indian family living. At that time I didn't even know that I was part Indian as my grandmother was not proud of that fact because at that time many people looked down on Indians. We went to Seattle and I was amazed to see so many really black people there. I didn't even know that people looked like that, and it was a shock! I remember coming home to our community thinking even later about all those black people and how they looked. I was facinated. My Dad told me that there were many really good Christian black people who really sincerely loved the Lord. :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum