Sleeping

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Sleeping

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:15 am

My son-in-law came over to our house, and we were watching a movie and eating supper. He told me to go ahead and eat. I am the type person that when someone comes I stop eating and visit, and I will eat later, or not eat at all. I do not object to someone else eating while I am visiting, but I have never been able to eat when someone comes to visit. Well, he insisted that I eat, so I did. He wondered where my tape meaure was. I told him, he looked it was not there, so I imagined I had left it outside after I had cut the last board. But, it was by the front door. He went over some ideas with me about how to go about building the roof for my cellar. He was precise because he thought he told me how to put the plate on for the cellar roof wall, and I did it wrong. I was afraid I was doing it wrong, so I called him at work, but he was out to lunch so rather than waiting I went ahead because I wanted to get it finished as well as pouring the concrete to sink the bolts in to hold the plate down. Well, I will screw some 2 by 2s on, and everything will be cool, but when he first saw it, he was upset, and then he told me not to beat myself up over it, and now everything will be fine, but he went over board to make sure I understood how to do the next steps! I can do my own thing very well, but it is very difficult to impossible for me to take somone else's ideas out of their head and make them work. I usually take them and make a mess which I did, but it will be okay. He wanted to help me with a small job on the project, but he detected that I was terribly tired which I was, so he elected to help me with it later, which was good, because I was dreading having to work late after I had already put in a day's work! He needed the time off as well, because he helps me after he has already worked a day and spent one hour, he drives too fast, driving to work. So it is after 2 a.m., and I went to bed early because I was so extremely exhausted, and now here I am not sleeping, so here I am and this is what I am doing! :roll: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 am

Why is sleep escaping me? I think it is a number of things. We had a very busy day, and it is hard to unwind after a lot of activity. Also the trip up the hill on the slick roads and almost not being able to pull the hill because tires were slipping did something to my nervous system! Then I am thinking about all the things that need to be done, and how I want to do them, when I just need to forget all that and go to sleep. Nothing needs to be done in a hurry now, so I can relax, settle my nerves and work at my jobs in an easy going manner, which will be a switch from what has been happening lately. Usually I sleep a while and then wake up, but this night I have not even started sleeping, and it is almost time for some people to get out of bed and start their day! Well, I do need to lay some blocks tomorrow, so I guess I had better get back to bed, and get some sleep! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am

I need more sleep I have not been getting more lately. Sleep is very important for the body to function very well. :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm

You are right, Red, you need your required sleep for your body to function properly, and also for you to feel well. When I was younger and in school I had 2 problems. I needed more sleep than anyone else, and it also took me longer to learn anything than anyone else! And seriously I always felt under pressure to put in more time, get less sleep, and then with less sleep you do not learn as effectively. So before my school days were finished I tried to strike a happy medium. Learn as much as I was able, and also get as much sleep as possible. When we have so much to do, and so little time to do it in, sometimes some of the sleep has to go for a while anyway. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum