Alarm Clocks

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Alarm Clocks

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 am

When we moved her 4 years ago we had a number of alarm clocks that were thrown away where we lived and worked before, so I brought several of with us. I also got one from a recycling center, all for free! I don't know what happened to all of them, but now we don't have any of them that I know of. The one from the recycling center fell of the pellet stove one to many times, and it doesn't work any more, at least that is what I think happened. Another one fell off the pellet stove too many times and it bit the dust! Then I found an old clock and radio that we used to use before in our other house where we live in the 1980s and 90s. I bought one just like it from the 2nd hand store for 99 cents! I set both of them this last Sunday, and the one I bought worked with the radio playing loudly when the alarm went off! The one I used to set all the time didn't go off, and I think I didn't set if correctly. Two nights later it was blinking, needing set, and so with the lights out I started pushing buttons which should have set the clock to some time so that it would not blink! Well, somehow I got the radio playing loudly, and then I couldn't figure how to shut it off, but finally I got the radio to stop playing so that I could sleep. I need to get up early in the morning so I am going to attempt to set both those clocks, and maybe one of them will wake me up when I should get up to see if I can make it to the doctor. I think the roads are still going to have tall drifts that I will not be able to drive through, so at 8 a.m., I will need to call them to tell them that the roads have so much snow that I can't get over those roads! Oh well, it is okay because if the drifts are too large, you can't drive the car without getting stuck! :roll: :lol: :D
Edwin

Re: Alarm Clocks

Postby red » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I have a very loud alarm clock because ever since i started working i sleep very deep and solid that it is so hard for me to be awake with loud noises. I can't even hear the alarm clock even though it is loud. :P
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Re: Alarm Clocks

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I used to sleep that way, Red, when I was younger! Carol got out of patience with me more times because she had trouble waking me up! Now the tables are turned, and it is the opposite. Carol now requires so much sleep it is unbelieveable, but it has to do with her deteriorating health, and something that is happening to her that no one understands. I she needs sleep, I figure, why not let her sleep! When it was hard for me to wake up, and I was alone for some reason, I would set an old fashioned metal clock with an alarm on top of two metal kittles, usually a small revere ware stainless steel, and one slightly larger to add to the ringing noise. It was important for me to wake up this morning at 5 a.m., so I set both alarm/radio clocks. This time I set both of them correct and they both played music loudly at that time. Before I got the one set correctly that I bought for 99 cents, but the one we had for years I messed up setting it, and it never did activate! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum