Beautiful Places

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Beautiful Places

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:33 am

We have a picture/photo as a background on this computer that Carol took, no I am wrong she didn't take the picture. Anyway it is of her brother's place in the Philippines, on Guimaras Island just across the channel from ILoilo. He worked all over the world, and made money like I could only dream of making. He worked with a filipino guy on one of his jobs, and he got aquainted with the guy's sister, whom he married. She worked in Manila, and they lived there for a short time before he bought this property on Guimaras Island where his filipina wife's family lived. Many of them lived on Iloilo as well. Anyway it was his dream, and he built a beautiful house there. His concrete blocks for building that house cost him 25 cents each, and mine for my projects cost me $1.32 a block, and that is cheap for here! He planted flowering bushes, and he had mangoes growing. He made his place look like a beautiful garden. The picture on this computer background evidently he took because I went to visit in the Philippines in 2010 when he was putting in a solar electric system, and a few weeks later he put in a windmill to generate electricity. The picture is of his swiming pool that he had built, the electric windmill is in the background in the picture with everything beatiful with flowers and green growing things. It is truely a picture of beauty! :D :D
Edwin

Re: Beautiful Places

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:56 pm

I was just now looking at that picture that Carol has as a background on this computer, and boy is it beautiful, on Guimaras Island. Carol was lucky enough to spend almost 2 weeks there in 2006. She wanted me to go with here, but I was obligated to my employer during that time, and we were moving out of our house at the same time. I was supposed to hook up with her brother in 2010 and go home with them to spend a few days, but he was preoccupied with installing a solar electric system, so I spent the entire time with my friends' families in the Philippines, which was also a lot of fun for me! His place was really beautiful with the solar pannels, the swiming pool, the electric generating windmill, red flowering bushes, palm trees, probably coconut, and mango trees, lots of green and red, and then from his place you can see IloIlo city in the background across the water. Right after I visited in 2010 he started getting sick from cancer, and it was a down hill battle for him, especially the last few months he went down hill quickly, and then died. But, a short time before he died he made his peace with God and started praying, and that made everyone feel better, and he was at peace with God even while he was in great pain and suffering. We will be with him on the other side, and we are all very happy about that! :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum