Blessed with extra food!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Blessed with extra food!

Postby Edwin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 am

We went to KFC because we thought it was probably the most reasonable place to eat for us. Our daughter was not feeling well; not been doing very well, so she has been taking muscle relaxers to deal with her pain for the beatings that her former husband gave her before he landed in Federal Prison for years for commiting those crimes against our daughter. So I think the muscle relaxers are making her sleep too much, and she is getting her days and nights turned around. Anyway she was not able to go with us, so her daughter our granddaughter went with us.

We went to KFC and ordered a normal amount of food for us. They have a chicken box deal that I have been getting for several years which is a thigh and a drum stick in a box with potatoes and gravy, and also baked beans. Most of the time I would bring the potatoes and beans home and give them to Scooby as a treat, which he really liked. I figured out that I get more food by substituting the drum stick for a second thigh, which KFC here is glad to do. I do not know why but they gave me one thigh and two drum sticks or legs. When we were at our table the guy who sold us our meals was behind me, and I didn't know it, but I expressed slight displeasure at getting what I did not order. So immediately he brought me another thigh, and because of health laws they are not allowed to take any food out of the dining area back to the kitchen, so I got two thighs, two legs, potatoes and gravy, and beans! It turned out that it was lots of food very reasonable, so we took a loaded box of food home to our daughter and our granddaughter's boy friend; anyway I guess they still like each other; not sure sometimes? Anyway we got a pretty good deal! I just ate one thigh, because I figured that would give the two at home a little more food, and I had enough to satisfy me! :D :D

Do you ever end up with more than you expected, just kind of like out of the blue? :D :D
Edwin

Re: Blessed with extra food!

Postby red » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:39 am

Nope..we always ended up lacking some and complain about it. haha Anyways...lucky you sir Ed...we love KFC too but most of the times we get Mc donalds or Burger King.....my daughter always pronounce it as Booger King..lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Re: Blessed with extra food!

Postby Edwin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am

Red, I hate to get shorted, but it usually turns out okay for us. Recently we went through the drive through and they didn't give Carol her side dish they were supposed to, like potatoes and gravy. I would have driven around the block, stopped back, and said, hey, where is my side dish? But, not Carol, she said it is okay, don't worry, don't bother, so we didn't.

When our kids were little we went to McDonald's whenever we ate a a fast food place. When we were traveling the twins would tell their younger sister, 4 years younger than they were, "Cry when you see McDonald's coming, so Mom and Dad will stop to eat there!" It usually worked, because we wanted to stop and eat as well. They thought if she would cry we would for sure stop! :lol: :lol:

My brother-in-law stopped at Burger King a lot years ago, because around here they had a really good deal on Whoppers! I think for a while you could get Whoppers for $1.00 each! That was many years ago. :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum