Celebrating my anniversary!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Celebrating my anniversary!

Postby Smiley » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm

I don`t drink much pop anymore,I used to always have one in my hand,probably drank 6-8 a day.It is almost July and I think that I have had maybe 2 cans so far this year! Big difference,I am a lot leaner and a lot healthier.
I do drink alcohol but not like I used to! I enjoy a drink now and again but I am by no means a drunkard.I respect anybody's decision to live in a manner that is satisfying for them. I know a few people that would be a lot better off if they never had another drink.
I like to see people happy and at ease.For some this can be achieved better without certain enhancements.I spent many years in and around outlaw motorcycle clubs.I knew one guy who was in the big one who did a lot of work for AA and a couple other groups that dealt with substance abuse issues.A great guy who helped a lot of people and never asked a thing in return.Funny thing is ,he was a pretty hard party er but always was in control,he had seen people destroyed by their inner demons and hated that.
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:21 pm

I don`t drink much pop anymore,I used to always have one in my hand,probably drank 6-8 a day.It is almost July and I think that I have had maybe 2 cans so far this year! Big difference,I am a lot leaner and a lot healthier.
I do drink alcohol but not like I used to! I enjoy a drink now and again but I am by no means a drunkard.I respect anybody's decision to live in a manner that is satisfying for them. I know a few people that would be a lot better off if they never had another drink.
I like to see people happy and at ease.For some this can be achieved better without certain enhancements.I spent many years in and around outlaw motorcycle clubs.I knew one guy who was in the big one who did a lot of work for AA and a couple other groups that dealt with substance abuse issues.A great guy who helped a lot of people and never asked a thing in return.Funny thing is ,he was a pretty hard party er but always was in control,he had seen people destroyed by their inner demons and hated that.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 am

Smiley, I think you have been having the same problem I was having. You write a post, submit, it comes up error, and I copy each one before submitting so that if anything goes wrong I still have it, and then even though it says error, it goes ahead and posts it, so I have had to edit/delete several of my posts that got duplicated. Anyway, it is nice when people can control their drinking, and some can, and some can't. Our boss that I referred to in the other post would get drunk every single night, then the next day he would be at work with his dark glasses on! I don't know for the life of me how he kept from getting into bad trouble. We had an emergency where we lived about 4 miles from where he was, and he came out to help solve our problem, and he was drunker than a skunk, but you know what he fixed our problem just as it he were sober! The worst problem it caused him in the 10 years or so that he was there, was that he fell getting out of the shower, cut his head open, and had to have a National Park boat haul him out to the hospital in the middle of the night.

We had two good friends there. One was a lawyer, and the other was a National Park Service Maintenance person. The lawyer wanted to watch sports on television so he bought him a satellite dish setup, and he had the maintenance person set it up for him. The only problem was that the lawyer bought a lot of beer for this guy as a favor for setting up his satellite dish. They had me looking at the television then running out back and telling them what the signal was like. Well, the more beers the maintenance person drank the worse the signal got until he finally gave up until he got sobered up, and tacked the job again, when he finally did a good job of it! He had a flat tire, and needed a ride. He hid behind a large tree, and he was drunk. As we came by, he jumped out in front of our car, thinking it was really funny, and I guess it would have been had he not been drunk. It was kind of dangerous too, and I don't think he would have thought it was so funny had he not been drunk. It was kind of sad because he missed the bridge with his little pickup because he was drunk, and he ended up losing his job over the situation, but he came back to the Lord, dedicated his life to serving the Lord, and now he doesn't drink any more. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:21 pm

I want to take this opportunity to greet the owner of the forum, jadegil6, Happy Happy Birthday. I wish and pray that God will give you the desires of your heart. I wish and hope that you will have more blessings, more joy and happiness inyour heart. As the book of Proverbs says, the secret of long life is to take hid of His word and follow his instructions. God bless you more.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 am

Thank you, Crisi, for alerting us to Sir Michael's birthday! Happy Birthday, Sir Michael, and many more happy birthdays to you as well. Some people start saying, "Well, don't remind me of my birthday anymore," as if forgetting the birthdays will help keep them young. I have heard of growing old gracefully. Well, I don't want to grow old at all, but I suppose I will, and forgetting birthdays will not keep us young! I had a friend from Bible College who was very young school teacher in New Zealand. He came to Canada, and taught Asian kids in Vancouver Canada, I think it was 5th graders until he retired. We were very good buddies in Bible College, but we lost track of each other for many years after which due to his energy and concern, we reunited again. We email each other periodically. He is retired from school teaching, but he goes on missions' trips with churches, helping with clean water and education; also teaching the people how to keep honeybees. He also helps with building projects. His father in law was the District Superintendent of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada for many years. Anyway he often calls me on my birthday, and I usually write him an email on his birthday. He said, "Everyone wants to be remember on his/her birthday! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:28 am

Happy birthday Michael. I wish you all luck and health. And that you may fulfill your postponed dream!
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Thank you my dear friends for your greetings and well wishes. I took a chapter from Ronald Reagan, and stopped having birthdays when I turned 39. Now I just have Anniversaries of my 39th birthday :lol: :lol: :lol:
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:54 pm

That is a very interesting concept, celebrating anniversaries instead of birthdays. My brother in law, now dead since 1986, after his wife turned 40, he said have one wife, 40, will trade for two 20s! Many say after 39 years, no more birthdays, and we have all heard the saying 39 and holding! Celebrations are great, and if a reference to aging can be avoided that is even better! Party and have a good time, huh? :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum