Rough Landing

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Rough Landing

Postby red » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:33 am

I just hear about the plane crash today that is why i drop by to this post :lol: Thanks Sir ed for sharing this to us. There might be some filipinos in that plane. Praying for the those families loss and those injured be healed soon. I hope nothing like this will happen again. Pilots should be more focus on their jobs little things should not be neglected. :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Yes, Red, the Bible says that it is the little foxes that spoil the vines! There were some small errors that caused this plane to crash, but those errors were critical. It sounds to me like they were too relaxed, depending on the autothrottle which was not programed correctly, or not engage. They were relaxing while the airplane was losing speed and altitude. They woke up too late, put on full power to try to abort and fly around, but the airplane was so low at that point that it hit the sea wall. Too little was done too late. I hear another person died from injuries sustained on this flight. Now two airplanes have crached that I have flown in, Asiana Airlines, and Cebu Airlines! Oh well, I would fly on both of them again if I needed to, and I would pray a lot also! That is what my friends do, they pray a lot, and they are scared! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:44 am

My daughter Amber thought about plane crashed...she said "mommy maybe the pilots were dancing Gangnam Style (Korean famous dance song)...then she sang 'oh sexy lady oh oh oh..."she was shaking her butt..she likes that song so much :lol:
We can think about anything the pilots were doing before plane crashed...I can only wish that they were more careful then. :(
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 am

Someone told a FOX News station in California what the pilot's names were, and that station put it on air without any verification. It was a prank call, and that station manager was so foolish for airing this. The Korean pilot's names they aired were:
Sum Ting Wong
Wi Tu Lo
Ho Lee Fuk
Bang Ding Ow

Can you believe that a television station (KTVU in Oakland) could not recognize those names as false? Wow!!!
You can copy and paste if you wish to see that news report:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTCOUgVYG3o
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for that information, Sir Michael! A number of years ago, and I can't now remember the subject involved, but Dan Rather did something similar to that. He got some false information that reported it before he had checked it out well, and it turned out to be false, and I can't remember, but it seemed like he was demoted because he had done that. Yes, Sir Michael, it is unbelieveable that would happen, and it is unbelieveable that people in the news reporting chain would not as you mention recognize those names as being made up!

Hey, Sir Michael, you should have written this in the joke posting, although yes, it belongs here because of its relative subject to the crash.

Those names; wow. For any who are slow to understand Sum Ting Wong = Something is wrong! Wi Tu Lo = We are too low! Ho Lee Fuk = I don't want to explain that one because of the word holy, and the sexual expressive word; you can figure out that one! Band Ding Ow = There was an explosion or a bang when the tail of the airplane it the seawall, and then the Airplane was dingged, and it also had a big owwie! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 am

In the year 2010 I, with my friends, flew to the Philippines. Both airlines, the international and the domestic, that I flew on has since had crashes on the runway. Cebu airlines airplane crashed on landing, standing the airplane on its nose, and totalling the airplane beyond repair. Everyone survived, and the biggest complaints was that it took a long time for them to get the shutes set up so that people could slide to safety. It the passengers were not half scared out of their minds, it might have been somewhat like a fun ride at a theme park, or even a water slide! Asiana Airlines airplane was not so lucky. As the tail section hit the sea wall at San Franscico airport the tail section broke off, dumping a couple of teenage Chinese passengers on the runway. One of those passengers died as a result of being run over by a fire truck as she lay on the runway covered with fire retardant foam. Three people died as a result of that crash, which was very sad.

This news article that I saw in the Seattle Times describes two other crashed. One airplane landed short of the runway, belly flopped onto/into the water. Birds in the air have always been a problem for pilots trying to safely pilot the airplanes. There have been broken windshields from birds, but usually the pilots have avoided crashes resulting from bird hits. In the article we are told about a large airplane cooming in for a landing in Indonesia and hitting at least one cow. There were three of them on the runway, and once you get an airplane down near the ground there's not much manuverability left. You make all your decisions before coming to that point, and about all you can do if everything is not right is abort the landing, fly around, and attemp the landing again. That is not always successful, like the Asiana airplane crash at the San Fransciso airport that was attempting to abort, and fly around, but the airplane was too low, too slow, and short of the runway, making aborting the landing for a go around impossible. Here is this article I found:
Plane hits cow, skids off runway
No injuries in Indonesia mishap.
The Associated Press
JAKARTA, Indonesia — A Lion Air jet carrying 117 people hit a cow while landing and skidded off a runway in eastern Indonesia, an official said Wednesday. No injuries were reported, but the incident forced the cancellation of flights, stranding hundreds of passengers traveling for the Eid holiday.
The incident occurred Tuesday night as the Boeing 737-800 plane was landing at Jalaluddin airport in Gorontalo on Sulawesi island with 110 passengers and seven crew, Transportation Ministry spokesman Bambang Ervan said. He said three cows were on the runway, and the plane hit at least one of them and careened off the runway before coming to a stop.
The incident is under investigation.
An airport official said several flights were canceled and planes resumed landing on Wednesday.
In April, a Lion Air plane belly-flopped into the ocean just short of the runway off the resort island of Bali. All 108 people aboard survived.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:30 am

Red, we are happy to see your smiling face here on your avatar! There has been another large airplane crash in the Southern USA. "A UPS jet en route to Louisville crashed on the outskirts of Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport." Not much is known at this time about this crash except that there were two people on board, probably pilots, or a pilot and a crew member, and being a UPS plane it probably had a lot of things people ordered to be brought to them on board. All of us in the USA use UPS a lot. They are reasonable, reliable, and a well established freight moving company from many years ago. The crash was in an open field outside the airport, so the airport is still open for air traffic. Smoke was seen billowing up from the crash site. We will no doubt hear more about this story shortly. Here is the news report with the information available so far:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A large UPS cargo plane crashed early Wednesday near an airport in Birmingham, Ala.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen told The Associated Press the A300 plane crashed on approach to the airport before dawn.

The plane was en route from Louisville, Ky., to Birmingham as UPS Flight 1354, Bergen said.

Toni Bast, a spokeswoman for Birmingham's airport authority, said the cargo plane crashed near Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. Bast said the crash site is outside the airport's perimeter fence and has not affected airport operations.

Neither Bergen nor Bast had any information on injuries.

A photo from the news site al.com showed a plume of smoke rising from the site in an open field. Several fire trucks and other emergency vehicles were lined up on a narrow road nearby.

Representatives for Atlanta-based UPS could not immediately be reached Wednesday morning.

:D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum