Hints for a Healthy Marriage

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Hints for a Healthy Marriage

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm

I found this article in the Yahoo News, and I thought it was quite informative and had a lot of truth in it, so I thought I would share it with you all here. I do know a couple of things related to this that are very true that I learned from experience. When you have been unhappy about something for years, don't tell your marriage partner that you were given advice not to marry them. It hurts the other person really badly, doesn't solve any problems, and leaves something in that person's mind that stays forever, and sometimes it hurts them to find out that kind of advice was given, even if the person giving the advice changes their mind completely and gives 100 % support. Don't tell your partner something like that! Also as this article says, don't use "I will divorce you" as a threat when feelings are not good. You repeat it often enough and the other person just may call your bluff, and say, "Okay, divorce me then," or give you no choice, leaving you and divorcing you. So, I think this information below is important to people who want to be happy in their marriage, and keep the other marriage partner happy and contented! :D :D

10 Unspoken Marriage Rules You Must Follow
By Woman s Day
By Woman s Day | Love + Sex – Fri, Dec 28, 2012 10:21 AM EST

By Dawn Papandrea
Every married person knows to be faithful, stay truthful and be there for her partner through good times and bad--they're in the wedding vows, after all. But most seasoned couples would admit that some unspoken rules are vital for getting past rough patches and growing stronger as a couple. Here, experts share 10 of the less apparent (but just as important) marriage rules to live by. Photo by Getty Images.

1. Don't criticize your partner's parents or friends. You know how it is-your family can tick you off but no one else had dare speak ill of them. That's why you should tread carefully with your in-laws and your husband's dearest friends. "Even when he's venting to you, your contributions can put him on the defensive," explains LeslieBeth Wish, EdD, a Florida-based psychologist and licensed clinical social worker. "When you take position A, you prompt your partner to take position B." Instead, says Dr. Wish, put yourself in his position so that you can empathize with him.

2. Tell your spouse about any ex encounters. Whether you get a Facebook friend request or run into an old flame at your kid's soccer game, keeping the news to yourself could backfire, despite having zero feelings for the ex. "If there's nothing to hide, why hide it?" says Deb Castaldo, PhD, a couples and family therapist and professor at Rutgers University School of Social Work in New Brunswick, NJ. "That leads to an air of secrecy and dishonesty," she says. Just clue in your hubby matter-of-factly: Try, "I knew it was only a matter of time before old boyfriends came out of the woodwork on Facebook. I got a friend request from one and ignored it." Or, "I saw my ex in the mall today. His kids are cute. Glad to see his life turned out nicely."

3. Keep unsolicited advice to yourself. Offer your support, lend your ear, but avoid speaking in an "I know what's best" tone. "We give advice because we're trying to be helpful, but it's seen as criticism when we offer too many corrections," says Harriet Lerner, PhD, clinical psychologist and author of Marriage Rules: A Manual for the Married and the Coupled Up. This goes for everything from your husband's outfit choices to how he deals with a work issue. Give your spouse space to make decisions and gain confidence through trial and error-and ask that he do the same for you, says Dr. Lerner. "What matters in a relationship is not that things get done 'right,' but that two people are dedicated to contributing to each other's happiness."
4. Don't take charge all the time. Whether you fold all the laundry because you don't like how your husband does it or you manage the finances because you don't think he's as careful, you may feel more at ease doing all the work. But stop! "The spouse who does the rescuing can become tired of that role," says Dr. Wish--and resentful that everything is on her shoulders, even if she volunteered for that burden. Get in the habit of asking your partner, "What do you think works best here?" or telling him, "I could use a hand cleaning out the pantry." These requests will foster the idea that you're teammates.

5. Don't bring up past arguments. Or at least put a statute of limitations on them. "People repeat ancient disagreements because they haven't resolved the problem," says Dr. Castaldo. Letting things fester often causes marriages to break down, she says. It's important to address issues as they happen and come to some sort of resolution--agreeing to disagree counts. "Leave it there, and respect each other's opinion," she says.

6. Choose your battles, but don't stifle your feelings. "There's going to be toothpaste globs here and Post-it notes there; that's human nature," says Dr. Wish. "You have to be able to say, 'this isn't important.'" Or if it is, speak up. "Tell your partner why it bothers you and that you'd like to work on a solution," suggests Dr. Wish. You'd be surprised what you could learn about each other. For instance, your husband may not leave dirty dishes in the sink anymore if you explain that your childhood home was piled high with plates and you were stuck washing them. It's also important to understand that he's not plotting to upset you every time he's sloppy or forgetful. A simple request like: "Honey, it'd be great if you could pick up the dry cleaning while you're out" beats getting mad that he didn't offer to help with errands.

7. Don't post private thoughts or photos publicly. You may not want to be tagged in a politically charged rant he starts or he may not want you to share photos of the kids. And you each deserve the other person's respect for those wishes. "Discuss the ground rules regarding posting about yourself, as a couple and about the other person," says Dr. Castaldo. And no matter what, don't take your grievances with your husband to the masses for support. "It's destructive to air conflicts on Facebook," she warns.

8. Log off. When your attention is focused elsewhere, your spouse is bound to feel unimportant. So make quality time a top priority and restrict tech gadget use if necessary, says Dr. Wish. "Pay attention to the concept of ratio: How much time am I spending doing this compared to how much time I'm spending with my family?" she says. Create a rule that works for your household and stick to it, whether it's no devices at the dinner table, shutting down phones at 8 p.m. or going gadget-free on weekend afternoons.

9. Don't use the "D" word (divorce, that is). Even in the heat of an argument, avoid threatening to pack your bags or head to the lawyer's office. Besides the "D" word being downright hurtful, repeated warnings may result in a spouse calling the other's bluff. "We act as if the intensity of our anger gives us license to say or do anything," says Dr. Lerner. "But threatening divorce is never useful, and it only makes the probability of separation more likely."

10. Be each other's number one. In other words, be wary of outsider influence, like a friend putting relationship-threatening ideas in your head or work or hobbies competing for your attention. "Happy couples have just as much conflict as those who divorce, but they know ways to get through it," says Dr. Castaldo. "A couple has to have a strong boundary around themselves and they can't allow anybody to get in between."
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 am

I found this interesting article on Yahoo News. It addresses the concerns of the man about the lady in his relationship. Below is another article which addresses the concerns of the woman about her gentleman in her relationship. I observed that his article seems to focus on professional people rather than common ordinary people who have blue color jobs and work hard manually for a living. It is kind of like the television shows and movies of the past. Most of them had people dress above and more formally than they would be living their every day lives. It is kind of like the contrast between fantasy and reality. People don't dress in suits with white shirts and neck ties to live their every day lives. The article talks about one being too critical of the other instead of just living and allowing the other person to live as well. The article also talks about the difference that having a baby and a family makes in a relationship. My comment on this is that I think that having a family is important, and some people have unnatural affections, so they are more in love with their things than they are with their partners and their children, so they put their careers often ahead of what is really important in life. The article talks a little about long distance relationships which is important to many people on this forum and reading this forum. The marriage to a foreign spouse and the immigration process requires long distance relationships whether we like them or not, we often don't have a choice. Self esteem and physical changes resulting from aging and gaining weight is always an issue as those things happen to most of us. Then the article talks about depression, and that often happens and does effect the relationship, usually creating an obstacle needing be be overcome. Staying home too much instead of getting out and doing things is an issue for some, although I am a home body, and I love to be home, and do things that result from being at home. Then for many on this forum and the ones reading social issues are important as the young ladies miss their families, and their people, so they have a need to connect with other filipinas. The partying scene has damaged more relationships than many other things. When people drink too much, and do other things that are not healthy it takes it toll, and especially when the young lady is left at home while the guy is having too much fun which will cost both people in the end. It is important to give attention to the children in the home, and it is also important to give attention to each other as well. Here are the articles:

How men cope with relationship changes
By Dave Singleton

I heard David Bowie singing “Changes” on the radio the other day, and it made me think about how much relationships constantly change and evolve. But do we also evolve along with them?

More importantly, why are we surprised when our significant others start to change? Who promised us that love always stays the same? It’s probably our early indoctrination into fairy tales that makes us see our commitment to a partner as a moment that’s frozen in time — placing the ring on the finger, the wedding kiss, then happily ever after. But no one ever told us what happens after those moments: Did Cinderella and her prince start arguing over paying the castle’s bills or who controls the TV remote? Did Snow White stop making time for those magical kisses from her guy once a few kids arrived?

Here’s the thing about the changes that occur in anyone’s relationship (regardless of whether they are better, worse, or just different): they are inevitable. How both partners respond to these changes dictates the future path of their romance together.

Recently, I spoke with men and women who’ve had that “you’ve changed” conversation, asking them to share stories about how these changes impacted their own relationships. Here are the men’s tales, along with the lessons they learned; check the link at the end of this story to read what the ladies had to say on the subject.

“She became hypercritical of me”
“My wife used to love the way I was — no complaints. I could do no wrong,” says Boston native Wayne, 39. “Five years into the marriage, it’s like the opposite occurred. Now, I can do nothing right. I don’t manage our finances well enough; I don’t take care of the house to her liking. I don’t think I’ve changed as much as I think she’s just lapsed into being hypercritical of me. One day I got tired of taking what felt like abuse, so I asked her: ‘When did you stop being on my side?’ She was really taken aback by that. Then, I pointed out all the ways that she’d changed and become increasingly critical, and how it made me resent her. She listened, and I heard her point of view, too — she wanted more help around the house. So we are working on finding some middle ground, but without all the carping.”

Lesson learned: Don’t take on the role of your man’s personal harpy, nag, or mother — feel free to pick whichever term best describes the particular way you’re expressing your displeasure to him about the things he does that either annoy you or elicit your disapproval. If there’s something you want, try positive reinforcement first, then follow that up by asking for what you want rather than complaining about what you’re not currently getting from your partner. After all, nobody can read someone else’s mind.

“She made having a baby a bigger priority than our own happiness”
“We both want a family so much, and it’s taking a lot of effort for us to get pregnant,” says Maryland resident Josh, 32. “We’re trying everything, including IVF treatments. They have tested our patience, and it’s definitely been hardest on my wife. I am doing everything I can to be supportive. We’ve been married six years, but for the last three, her entire focus has been on getting pregnant. At times, it’s felt like she wants to have a baby more than she wants us to be happy. I know that things change when kids — even the ones you don’t have yet — enter the picture. But I felt like I needed to address our commitment to each other as partners as well as parents, so I talked to her about it. I told her how much I missed her and us. It cleared the air and helped us refocus on integrating a family into our lives, rather than creating a family that drove a wedge between the two of us.”

Lesson learned: Going from childless couple to parenting partners is one of the toughest transitions two people can make. Transitioning from being the center of each other’s universe to getting lost in space — specifically, the space that your life has to expand in order to accommodate your children — can be disorienting. Keep a schedule of regular check-ins with your partner to make sure you’re still prioritizing your relationship in a healthy way.

“Her job required us to be in a long-distance relationship”
“Things were going well with my girlfriend of two years,” says North Carolina resident Bradley, 34. “Our romance and careers were both on track. I have my own law practice, and she works in marketing for a big company. But things changed when her company asked her to move to Chicago for a year to manage their new office located there. Obviously, this was a huge decision for us — and a big challenge we didn’t see coming. We talked about it and finally made a decision together. She’d go, we’d visit every other weekend, Skype every night, and at the end of six months, we’d evaluate: Was it worth it? Was it working? If not, she’d make a plan to relocate back. We agreed that our relationship always came first. Six months in, all was OK and she loved it there. In fact, so did I; it really grew on me. So I decided to move out and join her in Chicago. The whole challenge made us grow closer, and I attribute that to approaching it as a team effort from the very start.”

Lesson learned: You can’t always see relationship curveballs coming at you. Overcoming the challenges of a long-distance relationship can be one of the biggest issues a couple might face in these transient times, because like it or not, sometimes you have to go where the work is available — even if it’s inconvenient. But you can work out a mutually agreeable plan that gives you clear-cut ways to visit in person and communicate when you’re apart; you can also put a timeline into place for evaluating whether it’s working and when the temporary distance will come to an end for you to both be happy with the arrangement. The real key to success is making sure you approach the situation together from the very beginning and agree to make decisions that prioritize your relationship as well as your work options.

“Her appearance changed drastically, and so did her self-esteem”
“Lynn has always been a really attractive woman,” says New Yorker Andy, 32, about his girlfriend of six years. “But she changed physically last year when her eating got out of control. She gained 40 pounds and became very insecure about her appearance. I told her many times that I loved her, regardless of her weight. At the risk of others accusing me of being shallow, I brought up my concerns for her health. That was a lot of extra poundage on her 5’3” frame. Yes, I was worried about our sex life and my ongoing attraction for her, too, but I focused on my concern for her health. I wanted us to be able lead vital, active lives like we had before, back when we worked out a few times a week and ran in the park together. It was an awkward conversation, but what it revealed to me was just how bad she felt about herself. From there, it wasn’t a big leap for her to understand that if she felt bad about herself, it could harm our relationship, too. I was glad that I handled it the way I did.”

Lesson learned: A change in one partner’s physical appearance is right up there with a few other certainties we face in life, such as death and taxes. If you’re in a relationship with someone for any length of time, your partner might: lose or gain some weight, get a few wrinkles, lose hair in some places (head), grow hair in others (let’s not even go there), and just generally age in visible ways. Looks are a hot-button issue for most people. People hear criticism in the smallest comment about their appearance from others. So, the best way to approach things when discussing your partner’s appearance is by focusing on issues of health, vitality, and self-esteem — aspects that are important to each of you personally and as a couple, but are less likely to trigger your partner’s defenses. What constructive criticisms can you offer without sounding cruel or hypocritical? Which suggested enhancements would your partner actually be willing to get behind? Ideas you can both commit to — such as exercising more with you at the gym vs. unrealistically asking her to turn back the hands of time — should be most effective.

“She was so depressed after her father died that I thought I’d lost her, too”
“My wife’s father had a series of strokes and he was basically in and out of rehabs for over a year,” says Atlanta resident Kurt, 42. “During that time, my wife cared for him until he passed away. After that, she was so depressed; she couldn’t seem to shake it. I tried thinking of fun distractions, but nothing worked to improve her mood. I missed the sparkle in her eyes and her positive attitude. Needless to say, it was a blow to our relationship. All the goodies in our relationship were just plain gone, and I did the best I could to stay connected to her. I finally stopped trying to plan fun weekend getaways and asked her to please go see a counselor. She resisted at first, but then agreed to a few sessions when she realized I was serious. It’s been six months, and I can feel her spirit coming back.”

Lesson learned: Tragedies can knock both of you for a loop, like the illness or death of a loved one, job changes, health issues, losing a friendship, etc. These unfortunate life events make coping difficult even for the toughest among us. Confiding your troubles to a friend is always an option, and depending on what the issue is, maybe that will be enough support to get you through it… but not always. When a major life change profoundly impacts your relationship and you can’t recover from it on your own, it’s time to seek professional help. Talking with a counselor who’s trained to help you — but not emotionally invested in whatever trial you’re experiencing right now — can make all the difference.

How women cope with relationship changes
By Dave Singleton

Where did any of us get the idea that relationships — and more importantly, the people in them — are static in nature?

Maybe that notion comes from fairy tales where the prince and princess meet, marry, and blissfully head off to the castle… only to never be seen or heard from ever again. Or maybe we owe our stilted attitudes to cinematic rom-coms, where relationships start out with a few bumps in the road and any changes that occur are always for the better. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan always smoothed out any rough edges by the final reel, after which the audience simply assumes that their lives — and smiles — are forever frozen in time.

Such pat endings are strictly for the movies. The reality is that changes will occur — such as when a spouse becomes more demanding, turns socially insular, or lets life stress get in the way of keeping the relationship’s passion alive. One or both of you might start letting the positive feedback your partner once craved slide. The super-exciting phase of a romance transforms into a dull rut after a few months. Or, something tragic happens and throws a wrench into the couple-y bliss; that’s life. Whether the changes occurring are actually for the better or worse depends much of the time on our individual choices.

People’s needs naturally change over time. When someone says, “You’ve changed,” it’s not always a bad thing. Sometimes it means you’ve stopped living your life for others; other times, it means you’re not the same partner your better half fell in love with. Recently, I spoke to men and women who’ve had that “you’ve changed” conversation with their own partners, and who now are willing to share the impact it had on their relationships. Below are the women’s perspectives on how these discussions went, along with a lesson each of them learned; be sure to check the link at the end of this article to read what the men have to say about it, too.

“We fell into an old-fashioned rut with each other”
“It was after the third year when I started to notice things changing,” says New Yorker Marlene, 37. “He forgot our anniversary, and the compliments about my appearance that were once the norm now were coming at an alarmingly slow rate. Our big evening discussions centered on which restaurant we wanted to call for dinner delivery — Chinese or Italian? Boring! So I talked to him about shaking up our routine, and we broke some old patterns that had led to us to taking each other for granted.”

Lesson learned: It’s easy to eventually stop noticing when she gets her hair done or when she’s looking fit and sexy after a workout. We tend to overlook the familiar, right? Well, no one likes to be overlooked. Women (and men too, of course!) need a certain amount of attention and positive feedback to feel cherished. It’s a simple (but true) maxim: making some kind of special effort — like planning a dinner or anniversary date together — helps keep your romance alive.

“He was bringing his work stress home way too often”
“My boyfriend is a lawyer, and when his workload heated up last year, his entire personality changed,” says Florida resident Tammy, 32. “He became easily irritated, very temperamental, and not at all pleasant to be around. It wasn’t that I expected him to be Mr. Happy all the time, especially if he was in the midst of a work crisis, which he definitely was for a while. It’s that I needed him to recognize what was happening to us, so I told him that his moodiness had become the norm.”

Lesson learned: People need occasional reminders of how their moods can affect a significant other. Monitor yourself so you become more aware of how you’re feeling and acting — and how that behavior’s impacting your relationship. If you need to blow off some steam, fine. But it’s only fair that you acknowledge what you need from your partner — spending a little time alone, more time with your buddies or at the gym, or maybe getting a temporary pass to work later hours at the office — just make it perfectly clear that it’s only temporary when you do so. It’s fair for her to want to see you return to the seemingly even-tempered guy she originally fell for without having to worry that she’s permanently stuck with a stressed-out workaholic.

“His constant partying was taking a toll on us both”
“When we met, my live-in boyfriend Brian was a social drinker, which means we’d have a few beers together during a game or wine at dinner,” says Washington native Lisa, 43. “His drinking patterns changed after a few years, and I noticed. He was less energetic, not as reliable, didn’t work out, and it negatively affected his looks; he gained weight. It was an uncomfortable talk to have: ‘Brian, I think you’re partying too much. I can see the effects on you, both physically and mentally.’ I debated waiting longer to address it: Would he change on his own? But I am glad I did it right away. He couldn’t tell that his partying was getting in the way of us being able to enjoy each other, but it did bother him that I was so worried about him. So he started looking at his behavior, cutting back, and things eventually returned to normal. Luckily, he didn’t require professional help to get there, but I was ready to push for that if that’s what he needed.”

Lesson learned: Is it a bad habit he can fix on his own — or the start of a bigger issue that’s going to eventually require professional help? Sometimes, you just can’t be sure. But it’s important to address the problem as soon as possible instead of letting it fester, because bad habits have a way of seeping into our lives and affecting our significant others in unexpected ways.

“I missed having my independence and the ability to socialize more”
“Over time, my once-gregarious husband grew into an introvert who wanted me to be more introverted, too,” says Boston resident Deborah, 41. “We’d been married for eight years when I finally decided to address the fact that I didn’t like him wanting me to stay around the house all the time — just the two of us, no one else. I told him I needed to get out more, and that I felt like I was suffocating with just him for company. Initially, he was hurt. But I reminded him of how I was when we first met. I was active in a women’s social group; I played tennis in a league; I loved throwing and attending parties. And I am still that person today. I got him to agree that we needed to find a better middle ground — one where I get out on my own more often and we also make time to socialize together.”

Lesson learned: You’ve got to be able to compromise without feeling compromised. There’s a fine balance between dependence and interdependence; the same is true of socializing too little vs. every night. This is stereotyping a little (and certainly won’t apply in all instances), but I think it’s true that women have it their nature to compromise. Women also seem to be more social creatures than men, especially over time. It’s important to keep the focus on reciprocation in the relationship.

“Our kids were depriving us from having alone time as a couple”
“The first few years together were awesome,” says California native Jennie, 35. “Then we had kids, and our one-on-one time together ended. My husband took to being a daddy like a fish in water, and I loved watching him with our two girls. But somewhere in his ‘daddy dotage,’ he forgot he was a husband, too. No more date nights; no more quiet time alone. I didn’t want him to feel criticized, so I stuffed my feelings down for about a year. At one point, I got scared when I realized I was thinking of leaving him. That prompted me to tell him that I missed having ‘couple time.’ I stressed that I needed it to feel connected to him as a partner. Our kids truly were sapping all our alone time. When he realized how high the stakes were — that I was really unhappy — he was amenable to changing our schedules in order to have a weekly date night. We make it clear to the kids that this was our ‘mommy and daddy time,’ and we’ve developed an entire support system of babysitters so we can expand it to two nights a week if we want that in the future.”

Lesson learned: Your relationship was important before your kids were born, and it needs to thrive afterwards, too. Keep the focus on each other as your brood expands. It might take a village to raise children these days, but it takes just two people to make a relationship work.
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Attend to a bridal shower party, last night, at church. She is one of the staff there named Gememah. She will get married with her fiancee on 15 January 2013.

In church, only virgin woman will be given bridal shower. I am so blessed with their relationship because they put Christ as the center of their relationship. Their first kiss will be at the altar when they will exchange vow in marriage next week. I am so glad and encourage about their relationship because they let Christ the head of it. Many times they have misunderstanding but because they founded Christ, through prayers, did not miss church attendance, they have devotion to God everyday, and they commit their relationship to God, and next week she will walk in the aisle of the Church.

At Church, the Pastor will not marry you at Church building if both is not virgin. Both must virgin. That is a privilege.

Our Speaker, Ma'am Robles, a Pastor's wife, talk about wwhat are the things to do to keep the marriage happy.

Since, her husband to be is a worker at church and they will be a missionary to other places in the Philippines, Ma'am Robles said that marriage is not always bed of roses.

She said, it is important to go to church, church that teaches Biblical teaching. If we lost our ffellowship with the church, we will lost our fellowship with Christians, we will not be encouraged, we lost our Bible reading, our prayer, our devotion, then we will, out of track.

Church is where God pour out blessings. We Christian are members of the Church and we are to go to church as we commanded not to forsake the assembling together....

The church where I am at now, will be the sending church when they will do the mission work after marriage. What a wonderful life dedicated to God.

I also learned that someone cannot claim that he is a missionary without the sending chruch. That is why i realize how impportant to have church where God impress to the Pastor to feed the flocks.

That is why i love the church, the members of the church who gather together. It is love that makes the difference in the world. As I learn more and mature in the walk in Christ, I realize how important church in life. BEcause they are the body of Christ.

Actually, I finally decided to be a member of that church now. Since, the last one I become a member of the church transferred to other places as God leads.

How i wish to have bridal shower party too. That is my prayer..
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 am

Crisi, that is wonderful news that there are still churches that stand for holiness and righteousness. It is great that there are still people who will dedicate themselves to purity, and remain virgins. From what I have seen here in the USA I don't think there are many who have those standards here. Maybe there are a few, but pure living is really not promoted here in the USA. That is a great example for the young people who are coming up to that age, and and encouragement for them to remain pure before God as well.

There are always misunderstandings along the way, and it is how we deal with them that makes the difference. Church attendance is very importance. The scripture that says, "Forsake not the assembling of yourselve together, as the manner of some is, and so much more as you see the day approaching," is written for good reasons. It is an encouragement to attend church, and enjoy being in the presence of the Lord.

Yes, church is where God pours out His blessings. It was that way in the Old Testament with the Tabernacle, and it has been that way for the church ever since the early days when they met with each other on the first day of the week to break bread and have communion. God honors people's willingness to obey Him, and attending church is where it is at. The true mission of the pastor is to fed the flock. He is responsible for delivering his soul before the people, because God will hold him accountable for how he ministers His word, and how he treats the people of God.

You are correct, Crisi; we need the church really more than the church needs us, but in a way it is mutual; we all need each other. But we get our fellowship, feeding, blessings, and spiritual strength from being in church. Sure we can survive without the church, but it is like being starved a natural food. We might live but we probably won't be healthy.

I pray, Crisi, that you will find someone wonderful, and that you will have that bridal shower as well! I can't think of anyone who would deserve it more! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am

oh how awful for those not virgins.. :lol: Better keep that sealed til someone rightful to open it... :lol: Seriously, rarely you will meet virgins nowadays. That is how the bridal gown signify for. For those not virgins please don't wear white gown on your wedding, might as well wear black or purple or off white. I see many brides wearing black on their wedding.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 am

You are right, Red, about there not being many virgins out there. I think we can call it moral decay. I think where you grew up, Red, and where Crisi lives being a virgin is given more priority than it is here in the USA. The devil has been working in our country among our people for a long time. I think there has always been the temptation to commit sexual sin, but it has gotten worse. The 1950s were the years of the beatnics, when a group of people promoted loose living. During that time if you knocked on the door of a beatnic, he or she would be apt to show up at the door bare naked, having no shame. That was just a few years before my time, or I should say I was a little boy during those years. Then there came to hippy years, and I was a teenager and young adult during that time. That was the time that sexual parties were getting started. Kids would start having sex with each other on a regular basis without the sanctity of marriage. Kids would start living together, having sex, taking drugs, and drinking alcohol in excess. Some have always remained pure inspite of what was happening in society. Those were the days when rebellion was admired among young people. There was a saying at that time, "Do not trust anyone over the age of 25"; I might have the exact age wrong, but they were saying don't trust any older person. Now all those people are in their 60s! Loose living and moral decay has plagued our society every since those early days, but some have maintained higher standards. There are reasons why God has laid out the plan to live pure. Along with the moral decay, loose living, and living in sin has come disease and mental illness. You never lose anything by living according to God's plan, but you gain great value. People have destroyed their lives when they were young with loose immoral living, and now they wonder why their lives are in shambles with physical and mental illnesses.

The moral decay and loose living has even permeated the church. Society's standards have caused people in the church to lower their standards as well. Because of the way people in the world live the stigma of sin is missing, so people don't see the wrong in commiting sin, so it is easier for church kids to commit sexual sin, because the stigma for doing that is missing. This is not only true about young people commiting sexual sin, but it is also true about adults commiting adultery as well. There is no substitue for living according to God's plan, and remaining pure. God does forgive,so for any who have slipped up, they should seek God's forgiveness, and realize that He forgives and He forgets, so people should not allow Satan to beat them up over what they have done in the past when God has forgiven them. But we as Christians we are called to a highter standard, and we need to be a testimony of what Christian living is all about. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:45 am

Both spirit of the couple matters.

Having a quite spirit is very important.

Based on my experience, a godly husband that will lead the family is necessary. The wife who is submissive to the husband will also work. The husband who listens to the needs and concerns of the wife is very important too.

while marriage is not for the boys and girls, but for the man and woman, each must be ready emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Of course, the husband must be responsible, respectful and also considerate. No perfect marriage but a marriage that always looking up to the Savior will eventually successful.

That has been I have observed. :D
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Having a quite spirit does help. There is nothing much worse for a couple to try to solve their problems by yelling at each other, bullying, threatening, blackmailing, or one hurting the other in any way. Ideal is for the husband to love his wife, and Jesus loved us and gave Himself for us, and to be the leader with kindness, and then the wife is to submit to his leadership. They set an example for the children to follow, and the children are to respect and obey their parents. Keeping things light, laughing a lot, smiling a lot, and cultivating good feelings are important. It is important to be there to provide support, emotional support as well as taking care of each other. Anything the two, in a marriage partnership, can do to make each other feel happy and feel secure is important. If you are married, and when your marriage partner is with you, it is like having the lights on in the house, then you have a good marriage. When your marriage partner is gone for a day or two, and you are very lonely and feel lost, that is a sign that you have a good marriage. Just having the other in your presence and hearing their voice often adds a touch to the atmosphere. It is like, everything is wonderful, and I am happy. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm

"A family that prays together, stays together", I read this quote while traveling home. Indeed, this is very true.

I do believe that the ultimate desire of the devil is to destroy the family. So we must pray more.
crisipicada

Previous

Return to General Forum