New site launched

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

New site launched

Postby mystic » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:21 am

Hello everybody and a happy beginning of the New Year!

The new site was launched at http://www.christian-pilipina.com/

We have now only the active users on place, which are few. So... help spread the word. I wish our community grows and always stays that friendly place. Happy 2014!
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Re: New site launched

Postby red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:24 am

Great job Mystic...my Aunt is on process joining on it. :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby HappyDave » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Well, I just joined it and it displays about 20 profiles, but when I click on any of them nothing happens. I can't get to see anything about anyone.

Cant tell much about a person just by reading their log-in name and when they last logged in. :D

Also, you need to set some defaults. The default search is set for the US. Ummm, A PI site should, I would have thought, defaulted to the PI!

Needs some attention to detail.
HappyDave

Postby mystic » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:40 am

What browser/version are you using? The site was tested with Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

The home page only displays some statistics with a few profiles. You are expected to use the search function to find a match. It's not a mail bride photoalbum. If you are registered and logged in, you can see the details that the person wanted to share.

About defaulting to the PI, did you notice that the site is in English? However, it everybody wants to default to the PI it's easy to change.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:05 pm

A few thoughts about the new site:
I just checked on the total number of members, and it now has 56 active members, with 43 being ladies. That seems to be a tad more than 20, doesn't it? Maybe there were only 20 in the age range or country being searched, perhaps, but there were 43 female members last Friday. Before a person who joins can actually view any profiles, that application has to be approved by either mystic or myself, so if one joined and then tried to search profiles, one would not see anything except their username and age.
That is 56 total members within approximately one month (with another 22 being suspended for failure to post a photo) . When jaderune first started, it had 8 members after the first year. So in comparison, hmmmm...doesn't seem that shabby so far, does it? I know of other Filipina dating sites that have mixed results. One was started about 5 years ago, and after 3 years they had 3 members, so I think they finally threw in the towel and quit trying. Another site that is popular today started by pouring about $20,000 into the launch, and charging for memberships that allow actual one-to-one communication. They started with mostly fake lady's profiles to make their site look successful and inviting to the men who are the ones who actually pay the membership fees. Over time, they have attracted many actual Filipinas as well as paying male members, but their site still has about 6 of 10 lady's profiles that are fakes. When a few guys get interested in those fake accounts, then those accounts are deactivated, and new fake accounts take their place. I am not that unethical or desperate for members since this is a free site, and I am content to let this site grow at what ever pace it grows, and the membership roles will not be falsified or inflated to take advantage of trusting people, or to line my pockets with ill-gotten gain.

Jaderune.com and Christian-Pilipina.com are not the right site for everybody. So if it doesn't fit your expectations, then good luck to you in your search elsewhere. It will take time for the new site to attract members, but I will do my best to make sure they are real people. Once again, many, many thanks to you, mystic, for all of your time and hard work to get the site online. :)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby regina » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:57 am

hi,im gina from philippines,single mom, 38 yo. :D
regina

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Welcome, Gina. We hope that you will tell us some more about yourself, and that you will continue to post comments, and that you will feel welcome here. If you have a profile on either of the websites, then you could tell us how to locate those. If you haven't joined wither website yet, then I invite you to do that. :)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby m&m » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:03 am

mystic wrote:Hello everybody and a happy beginning of the New Year!

The new site was launched at http://www.christian-pilipina.com/

We have now only the active users on place, which are few. So... help spread the word. I wish our community grows and always stays that friendly place. Happy 2014!

Thanks to mystic for doing such a good job. It really work great and fast. Long time ago it was so hard to send or write here but now it is working a lot.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby wayne208 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Sir Michael .. I will stay with a site that I Know .This One . I use to belong to a Dating Site .. It was not a Good Fit for Me . But I still wish everyone their the best . Good Luck on the New Site Mystic .
wayne208

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Just to refresh everyone's memory, and/or to clarify things about the site being discussed...it is called Christian-Pilipina.com, and it is my website. Mystic worked on the development and launch without pay, and thanks to him, the site became a reality. This Forum used to be called Jade and Rune Pen Pals, but we changed it to Christian Pilipina Pen Pals when the new site was started. The Forum was causing so many problems on my old hosting company's servers, and caused jaderune.com to be taken offline several times over the past few years. So when the new dating site started, we moved the Forum over to the new hosting servers, and renamed it. Now the Forum works much better, and there is no strain on jaderune, and everything is less stressful for me. Plus with the new dating site, the members can chat with one another, and/or exchange messages which is something that has never been possible on jaderune. Christian-Pilipina allows male member's profiles, and jaderune does not. Both sites are working, although there will be tweaks to the sites as problems are identified. Both sites are free to everyone. I recently saw where a couple of the pay-for-use Filipina dating sites were raising their rates to the male members. I hope that you guys will help me by telling your associates about the websites if they are looking to get involved with online dating. Thanks to all of you for your support. :)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Forum