Text messages through Chikka

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Text messages through Chikka

Postby longhorn1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I have tried to send a text message through Chikka, where someone supposedly can send a text message from their personal computer to another person's cell phone. I haven't been successful in completing this task. Does anyone know what numbers I should enter on the Chikka page if I am trying to send a text from the United States to the Philippines? For an example, let me say that the number is 639093118181.

If you have used Chikka before, can you enlighten me on the correct sequence of numbers to use? Thanks!
longhorn1

Re: Text messages through Chikka

Postby cutegen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 am

your number was correct already...maybe you will try adding plus(+) sign before the number ... +639211515152...

i hope that it can help
cutegen

Postby charie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Code: Select all
 [quote][/quote]i dont think if u can send it trough chikka your mssgs coming from other country
i think it wont but if u try to txt them through your maill theres a possibelity you can send it[/color]
charie

Postby tom » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 pm

does anyone know if chikka .com is still active?...
    i registered at chikka more than 48 hours ago, but i've yet to receive the confirmation e-mail with the password :? ...
    i also sent an e-mail to their contact e-mail address about 24 hours ago letting them know i hadn't received a password and confirmation e-mail yet... so far, there has been no response :( ...
    does anyone know if there are any other free computer-to-cellphone texting sites or services?.. (it is important to me to know that my friends in the philippines won't be charged or billed for receiving text messages from me)...
    any help will be appreciated... thanks
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby justmovenalong » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:21 pm

u must put 011 before ur number also u can use yahoo messager or skype to chat for free this includes talk conversation :D
justmovenalong

Postby edeline » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:08 am

Yes Chikka messenger is still active somehow there is a specifi version maybe v4 which I don't really understant. I am confused which is which to be used V4 or V5. Possibly it is V5.

I can receive the messages from the chikka and I could also send a reply. I think that was right that it should be included the +639......give itr a try again.

There is another option if you want to save. Let your friend or whoever in the Philippines to send you a roaming number so that they can send a text message with just 1 peso per text. It works. Try it.

try the smart roaming, so easy to use..no need to register and no need to maintain a balance so that you can receive a text from the Philippines.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 pm

We are fairly new to the cell phone thing. When we lived in Stehekin for those 10 years, for the first half of that time the internet was not available there, and there was only one telephone in the entire community. When the internet came in with 2 way satellite, we got on the internet fairly quickly. Then when we moved here we used a cell phone on our daughter's family plan. That works fairly well.

They have a deal here that if you call someone who has the same company you get to talk for free. Otherwise it can cost to call, and the person answering the phone call might have to pay for the call also. Our granddaughter has unlimited texting, but she texts my wife, her grandmother, and then if Carol answers her with a text I think it is 10 cents. All the rules can be fairly complicated. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum