No divorce in Philippines

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: No divorce in Philippines

Postby mitch1989 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Roman wrote:I was CRAZY in love with a woman in the Philippines. When I went there to meet her I was even more in love with her. I went back several times over two years. We decided to get married and proceeded with a fiancee visa. We had enough proof of our love to show the embassey . Tons of letters and phone conversations and tons of photos. When her interview came they denied her because of a previous marriage. Even though she hadn't seen or heard from this guy for many many years the embassey didn't care. They gave us a list of lawyers to contact. We contacted a few but they wanted $50,000.00 plus US dollars :o to get the marriage annulled. I couldn't afford this. So her mother said they knew a lawyer that could get this done. He said about $3000.00 . So we went ahead with this and $3000.00 and three years later nothing. This has lasted a total of five years. It has broke my heart and still don't know what to do. We still talk but not very much anymore. I fell in love with her two sons also. It has been a heart breaking relationship. I just would love to get lucky in love like some have and not broken. I wanted to share this just in case anybody falls in love with someone who is married in the philippines. I found There Is NO Divorce and no annualment unless you are filthy rich. That's just the facts.

yes i hate divorce or annulment..hope my future will be brighten
mitch1989

Postby crisipicada » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 am

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I hate divorced, too.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I am happy there is no divorce in the Philippines.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I hate to hear separated family, for I came from a separated parents.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Thinking that my future partner believe in "'Till death do us part".
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Praying for a committed Christian Partner.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:52 pm

crisipicada wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I hate divorced, too.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I am happy there is no divorce in the Philippines.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I hate to hear separated family, for I came from a separated parents.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Thinking that my future partner believe in "'Till death do us part".
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Praying for a committed Christian Partner.

If you get a committed Christian Partner that believes til death us do part, then it will most likely happen that way. Carol and I have had that perspective, and I think others who have that perspective stay together through the years.

In this country where they have divorce I think some people get married with the thoughts in mind that if it doesn't work out we'll just get a divorce, and then there is no real commitment to keep the marriage together. Then so many don't honor God or His Word either. In this country we have all seen a rise in the divorce rate, and we have seen it escalate in the churches also. The ministerial association that I belong to is beginning to change their stance on divorce and remarriage, spelling out when it is acceptable, and when it is not acceptable. Before it was never acceptable in our organization for a minister to be divorced and remarried, but that is changing. Now under certain circumstances you can be divorced and remarried and be an active minister. It is a downward trend.
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum