Website and Forum down

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Website and Forum down

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:28 pm

As some of you know, the website and Forum have been down for one week. About 3 days ago, a new server was added to allow me to re-establish the jaderune website, and today, I was able to rebuild the Forum from files that I had on my laptop. I apologize for any inconvience that this disruption has caused any of the members, but it had nothing to do with any personal actions on my part. I have been working as many hours as possible to restore the website, and as of this writing, about 75% of the site has been rebuilt. I will be working on the remaining 25% until that time that all of the pages have been restored.

This is a copy of an email that I received from the hosting company that puts jaderune.com on the internet:

Dear midPhase Client,
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we have worked non-stop to restore esc175. For nearly a decade we have been providing hosting services to clients worldwide. During this time, we have never had a server outage that has presented the challenges we have seen with esc175 the past few days. We have spent countless hours and resources in order to restore the data to this server. Despite our best efforts we regret to inform you that we are not able to restore all the data. We have been working closely with external data recovery experts as well as our internal staff experts in an attempt to restore all the data back to this server. To our disappointment these attempts have not been completely successful.

They were only able to restore about 10% of my data. The rest of it I have been able to restore using the files I have in my laptop. I will continue to work to get all of the site back online as quickly as I can.
Thanks for your support.
Michael
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Website and Forum down

Postby Andrewm » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Michael,
Thank you for your hard work on behalf of this website, the historical content, and those who come here as guests. These technological things (hardware, software, networks, servers) and their associated snafus are not easy! (to say the least)

Thank you for keeping us informed; thank you for the interim message on the website (once partially restored) earlier this week.

Your hard work is appreciated. Thank you. Thank you for this service. Andrew
Andrewm

Postby crisipicada » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Andrew,

Hello, so sorry about my forgetfulness. I have very poor memory especially if i have many things to think upon. I remember it right when I knew you. And also I can hardly online during weekends because i go home at my mom's house to spend weekends there.

I do not have thousands of online men friends. Since I started go online in 2006, I only have few men met here and communicate to mention, steve, mb, tom, chas and john. so, not thousands but only few one. Have casual friends but i can forget then because of my poor memory :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the continued message here. :P :P :P :P :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby chaychay644 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:04 am

jadegil6 wrote:As some of you know, the website and Forum have been down for one week. About 3 days ago, a new server was added to allow me to re-establish the jaderune website, and today, I was able to rebuild the Forum from files that I had on my laptop. I apologize for any inconvience that this disruption has caused any of the members, but it had nothing to do with any personal actions on my part. I have been working as many hours as possible to restore the website, and as of this writing, about 75% of the site has been rebuilt. I will be working on the remaining 25% until that time that all of the pages have been restored.

This is a copy of an email that I received from the hosting company that puts jaderune.com on the internet:

Dear midPhase Client,
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we have worked non-stop to restore esc175. For nearly a decade we have been providing hosting services to clients worldwide. During this time, we have never had a server outage that has presented the challenges we have seen with esc175 the past few days. We have spent countless hours and resources in order to restore the data to this server. Despite our best efforts we regret to inform you that we are not able to restore all the data. We have been working closely with external data recovery experts as well as our internal staff experts in an attempt to restore all the data back to this server. To our disappointment these attempts have not been completely successful.

They were only able to restore about 10% of my data. The rest of it I have been able to restore using the files I have in my laptop. I will continue to work to get all of the site back online as quickly as I can.
Thanks for your support.
Michael

during the past few days, i was really worried why i cant see the page..i was thinking if my IP add been block or what...but when i logged in this week i've read the reasons so i was really thankful for that..thank you so much for the effort..
chaychay644

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and your continuing interest in the Forum. The two year anniversary of the Forum was on June 8th, and it wasn't such a happy anniversary because the Forum was offline, and I wasn't sure if it would ever be online again. But thankfully, things have worked out well enough that the Forum was saved.
Hoping that next years' anniversary is not so dramatic. hehehe ;)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 am

Thank you for you hard work, and God Bless You richly, Michael! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum