Weekend

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Weekend

Postby Edwin » Mon May 30, 2011 12:04 pm

My grandmother had an identical twin sister. Her twin had twin granddaughters that were about 8 years younger than I. Then we had identical twins, and that was the first set of twins from my grandmother's side. They have had no more twins, but our side has had about 8 sets of twins or so. When I was a young guy, and these twins were little kids I drove past their mailbox once when they were waiting for the bus. That is the only time I remember seeing them when they were kids. Our families were not close for some reason, and I don't really know why. I lived in this area until I was 2 years old, and then we have been in this area ever since I was 12 years old, and I was never to their place. I did visit with their dad once across the fense when I was a big kid. His mother was one of the identical twins, and my grandmother was the other identical twin. His story is a kind of sad story, but it is probably not that unusual.

His wife, Elsie died of cancer in 1966. My Dad told me that he thought her family were Christians because he heard the father climb on a truck that was being used to move a piano, and he played hymns on that piano, so that is kind of fun to think about. A few short years later I remember hearing that he was making trips to the Philippines visiting a young filipina there. He married her, brought her to his ranch/farm just a mile or two from where we now live. They had a very nice ranch, farm house that he built himself, huge barn to store hay in, and have horses below on one side and milk cows on the other side. The house was well insulated, and very warm with very little wood needing to be burned. In the winter the girls, 3 of them rode a snowmobile to catch the school bus. I was also his parents' home place which meant that my identical twin grandmother's twin sister and family lived there during their lifetime. So it was very interesting for me to see the place and imagine what their lives were like.

They had a child, boy, and then very shortly after he died of cancer which was very sad. The saddest part of this whole story was that his 3 daughters by his first wife did not like their Dad's new filipina wife and their baby boy. His filipina wife went for a visit to the Philipines after her late husband had died. When they retuned they found themselves and their belongings on the front lawn with themselves being locked out of the house. It was a terrrible thing that was done to them, and her husband would have turned over in his grave had he known that they did that to her and her baby son.

We have become very good friends of these 3 daughters now, and we were invited over to have a tour of their place, and it was fun, but it brought all this to my memory. It is sad that they did that, and they will answer to God for what they have done. I was teaching in the 3rd grade, and I found this little guy's family tree displayed on the school classroom wall, and that is how I found out the he was the son of this filipina and my cousin. He is grown now it has been so many years, and he could take them to court to get part of his inheritance as he is a rightful son of my cousin as well as these 3 ladies. There are evidently still bad feelings as they gave us a listing of my cousin's family, and he or his filipina mother are not mentioned.

For my cousin and his filipina wife and baby there was a lot of excitement and happiness, but it was shortlived. Now it is all history, and I'm not sure where the filipina and her son are. Someone said they thought that they were in Wenatchee, and I heard a number of years ago that she was teaching school. :( :( :( :(
Edwin

Re: Weekend

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

weekend is so tiring. Doing house chores, gardening and cleaning the house, doing laundry and giving massage to mama is a lot of energy to do. This is my routine ones i am home. I am happy at the same time, to see my flowers and fruit trees have fruits already. In next one to two weeks, I will harvest avocado. As long as the coconut tree is not slippery, my younger brother will climb and get some young coconut. We make a coconut salad or just add milk and flakes. Yummy and delicious and nutritious.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Weekend

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 pm

crisipicada wrote:weekend is so tiring. Doing house chores, gardening and cleaning the house, doing laundry and giving massage to mama is a lot of energy to do. This is my routine ones i am home. I am happy at the same time, to see my flowers and fruit trees have fruits already. In next one to two weeks, I will harvest avocado. As long as the coconut tree is not slippery, my younger brother will climb and get some young coconut. We make a coconut salad or just add milk and flakes. Yummy and delicious and nutritious.

That sounds really, really, really good, Crisi! We spent the weekend celebrating a graduation party for our granddaughter who was born on my birthday. She is working at Riverview Bible Camp. I think she teaches rock climbing, and maybe she has something to do with swiming also. She will be attending Moody Bible College in Spokane at the end of the summer, so we are proud of her. We had a lot of fun and got to see a lot of people that we know including visiting our kids there. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum