Life On Small Island

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Life On Small Island

Postby philippines » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Sir ronspeers,
jadegil6 NEVER OWE you any apology, you know what you are the one who needs to ask any apology to her/him,
you should stop saying any bad words against filipina or in our country because theres no different against philippines and in your country, from what i am understanding about your topics you been met a filipina who love your cash not your heart am i right? so thats a part of your past and dont compared all filipinas by saying here in the forum. you better share here what you experienced and knowing theres so many people aslo will appreciate that you shared about it, than judging us as filipinas mattering americans money because we dont care about money because that money cant make us happy,i met some strange people before his very walthy and always saying that he likes me and he will give me everything that i want and i need. Mr. Ronsppers, i never accept his money, his things and more because i know that i dont love him and i dont need his money. all i need is the real love, we cant say that because he has a lot of money we love him thats definitely wrong.WE are not looking a man to make us a princess and to be able to help our family,We are looking a man because we need someone to spend our life forever not until thier money gone.
you are unrespecting us as a filipina, if you were in our side what would you be act? could you please think that? many american man keep coming back in our country thats because they like peoples here and we respect and help and cares all american who vsit our country if that the american deserves our RESPECT, CARE AND HELP. some american people loves to abused and used filipinas DONT ACT BECAUSE THIS IS TRUE.
philippines

Postby HeyJoe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:56 pm

philippines wrote:I hate people like that its very easy to judges our country and filipinas, his not deserving to joined the forum.
Again and Again Mr,Manilaman i dont ask you much juts give some RESPECT of our country and all people here.

I say Manilaman has good posts, he never said anything bad about any person, he asked about life on small island. He pointed out facts about real life in Philippines which has terrible poverty and lots of problems. It is good that western men know these issues, before becoming involved with Filipina.

Filipinos may have pride in their country but facts are facts--much poverty and many problems.
HeyJoe

Postby philippines » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm

A good post????? could you please read his post again and again? people here and there just thesame, if some filipinas abused and used some foreign guys do it thesame too. so many guys come over here used girls for just thier vacation and making many promises thats lies.. so many victims here in our country. so many young woman who been used just for thier vacation. so please stop saying that filipina just want the money of all foreign guy because thats not true. Money would be very useless if we are not happy in our life. so i guess you and manilaman are just thesame.
philippines

Postby HeyJoe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:58 pm

philippines wrote:A good post????? could you please read his post again and again? people here and there just thesame, if some filipinas abused and used some foreign guys do it thesame too. so many guys come over here used girls for just thier vacation and making many promises thats lies.. so many victims here in our country. so many young woman who been used just for thier vacation. so please stop saying that filipina just want the money of all foreign guy because thats not true. Money would be very useless if we are not happy in our life. so i guess you and manilaman are just thesame.

Some western men take advantage of filipinas, some filipinas take advantage of western men. Both are wrong.

You talk about being happy. If you are happy with a poor man you would not be on jaderune because there are plenty of poor men in the philippines right next door to you. Yes you want a good man--there are good men in the philippines and good men in the USA, but most good men in the philippines are poor. Why deny what is well known. Women in the US want a man with resources (money). Women in UK want a man with resources (money). Women in the Philippines want a man with resources (money). This has always been true, this is the way women are. Why deny it?
HeyJoe

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:31 am

HeyJoe wrote:
philippines wrote:A good post????? could you please read his post again and again? people here and there just thesame, if some filipinas abused and used some foreign guys do it thesame too. so many guys come over here used girls for just thier vacation and making many promises thats lies.. so many victims here in our country. so many young woman who been used just for thier vacation. so please stop saying that filipina just want the money of all foreign guy because thats not true. Money would be very useless if we are not happy in our life. so i guess you and manilaman are just thesame.

Some western men take advantage of filipinas, some filipinas take advantage of western men. Both are wrong.

You talk about being happy. If you are happy with a poor man you would not be on jaderune because there are plenty of poor men in the philippines right next door to you. Yes you want a good man--there are good men in the philippines and good men in the USA, but most good men in the philippines are poor. Why deny what is well known. Women in the US want a man with resources (money). Women in UK want a man with resources (money). Women in the Philippines want a man with resources (money). This has always been true, this is the way women are. Why deny it?

I will have to disagree with you in that not everything is about money. Philippines is correct in looking for love and someone who will treat her right, not looking for someone with money, because when the money is gone that is the end of it. Everyone wants to do the best they are able to do, but money does not equal happiness, and not everyone is just after money. Some people realize that there is more to life than money. Many of these filipinas are worth more than selling themselves to someone for money. They want a loving husband, a good life, children, love, peace, and joy. Some people are so hung up on money that they miss the important things in life. I think Philippines has a good take on this! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Andrewm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 am

Everyone: I hope I can help steer this thread back to the original topics: Small Philippines islands and life, culture, features, customs, and specialities of those smaller islands.

I do appreciate that ChayChay, M&M, and Philippines have commented here. Thank you. Let's see more good insights posted/shared. Like what M&M wrote three days ago, "When i go home during weekend, I use to take single motorcycle or what we call "habal-habal." During rainy season, I get wet and makes me sick of fever. It is dusty, when it sunny day especially when motorcycle are in a hurry going home." Habal-habal? An interesting name. Is it just a single seater or does it come with a sidecar for stowing things (ex. groceries, fruits, books) or for a passenger? Is this more like a dirtbike?

I think that one would be well qualified to share here in this thread life experiences on a Philippines island even if one did not live on one for a long time. After all, you might have friends or relatives on one such small island, and you have visited a time or two. That is more than enough experience to have thoughts, observations, opinions, and impressions to share here.

In other words, please don't be hesistant to share what you might know about one or more of these islands even if your experience with them is just a school trip, a church trip, work-related trip, or visiting friends. I would think that this is very normal, as so many of these islands are just short boat or ferry rides from the bigger mainlands. Many are just day trips, right? Boat out in the morning, explore the island for a few hours, picnic, and return by boat 8 hours later. Yes?

Modernity? Well, sure, all over the world, small island locations tend to have fewer trappings of modernity on them. Hey, that's part of their attraction! More nature, more wildlife, rarer fruits and vegetables, perhaps more natural beauty. Sure, life can be harder in such a place. But that is often an irony of life: The things that are more difficult are often more valuable.

If you have a good insight or story to share about Philippines island life, please, we'd be glad to read it. Thank you.
Andrewm

Postby HeyJoe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:23 am

Yes I agree, get back to the original question about life on a small island. An excellent topic for discussion. I would like to hear about daily life on a small island.
HeyJoe

Postby youngj » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:09 am

I doubt that anyone who reads or contributes to this forum is going to have ever lived on a small island. Having said that, i did stay on one for a week a few years ago. The people who I stayed with had a gas powered generator that supplied power to the house and to their closet full of batteries which supplied power to many of their appliances.
There was a fisherman who stopped by the place every 2 days to see if they wanted to buy any fish. They had a dock built out into the sea and they could fish off of it if they wanted to. There was an older woman who lived and worked there, and she liked to go fishing off the dock at night.
The man who owned the house would take tourists scuba diving, and that is how he earned his living. Whenever they needed supplies , food, or gas for the boat or generator, they would have to boat into a small community on a nearby island. They had 2 daughters and one son. The boy was too young to go to school, but the 2 girls would go to the other island to attend classes.
Because they had electricity, they catered to tourists who wished to dive, and they had 3 small houses built there. They lived in one, and would rent rooms out in the other 2. They had a satalite dish set up, and they did have cable tv. It was set up in the dining area, but i only saw it turned on a couple of times while we were dining.
I spent my time diving or fishing or swimming or hiking around the island. There was a waterfalls that was fun to hike up to, and they drank the water that came from that stream. One night, the older woman took me and my friend on a crab hunt. They had some land crabs that would only come out at night, and she would grab them with a gloved hand and throw them into a 5 gallon bucket as one of us would hold the light. The crabs would climb into the mango trees to eat the fruit, and she would get them as they were searching for food. They were large crabs, and they had one large pincher claw and one smaller one, but I don't remember the name. She made a mistake at one point, and a crab latched onto her hand, and she went through a great deal of pain to get it off.

One day I went about a mile out to sea in a small boat with the fisherman who would come by. We trolled using a blue colored lure that resmbled a small squid. I hooked about 8 yellow fin tuna, but before I could get them into the boat, other predator fish would attack them and eat them. By the time I got the fish to the boat, all I had left was the heads. I did catch a large predator fish that bit on one of the fish heads, and he was hooked. I got him into the boat. When we returned to the dock, I went up the hill to the house to use the cr. When i was there, I heard a bunch of yelling down on the dock. I learned that a 12 foot hammerhead shark had followed the boat into the dock, and swam by on top of the water, and scared everyone who was down there. That made me concerned about swimming again, but that little boy would swim out there for hours everyday.
I found alot of different seashells, and still have some of those in my home today. I also found many starfish in the water. When we went diving, I saw many sting rays, and many colorful species of fish.
Life there was very laid back. It seemed like the main objective of the men was to earn enough money to be able to buy some beer so they could get a buzz at night. The women were content to care for their families. The children wanted to leave the island when they were old enough to do so because they wanted to find out what life was like in the cities.
youngj

Previous

Return to General Forum