July 4th

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

July 4th

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:23 pm

July 4th is the celebration of independence in the USA. My Dad's birthday was July 3, 1907. He would be quite old if he were still alive. He always thought that the 4th ruined his birthday as everyone was so taken up with the celebrations of the 4th that his birthday got neglected.

This 3rd of July was a fun day. We went to church this morning. The young people of this Free Methodist Church did the entire church service. People from the Youth Group did everything, from playing the pianos, the drums, and leading the worship, which means a number of them stood up there and sang, while one played the keyboard, drums, piano, etc. The Youth pastor give the message. It was all good.

A little while after we got home, our friends, Post Master and his filipina wife came to eat with us. They stopped and visited at our house until my brother came, then we gathered some plastic chairs and went the 600 feet over to our kids' house. My brother and his wife came over also. We had pork sandwiches, two pasta salads, and I'm not fond of pasta, but I ate a little anyway, radishes, black olives, and a little water for me. My stomach hurt before I started eating, and I think it was because my stomach needed food in it, because as soon as I started eating, my stomach felt much better. My sister and her half filipina granddaughter were with us also. We topped it off with homemade ice cream, and an icecream strawberry cake from Dairy Queen that our friends brought. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a lot of fun visiting, and then they all decided to leave at once. Then the few of us remaining visited until it was time to walk Scooby.
Edwin

Re: July 4th

Postby edeline » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:03 am

Today is a special day for my mum because today is her 42nd birthday. We are not together today because I have my work but I have greeted her in the morning so it was just fine.
edeline

Re: July 4th

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am

edeline wrote:Today is a special day for my mum because today is her 42nd birthday. We are not together today because I have my work but I have greeted her in the morning so it was just fine.

Wow, your Mom was a 4th of July baby! Happy birthday to your Mom! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Your Mom is one week less than being a year older than our identical twins daughters! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum