Obsession With the Royal Family

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Obsession With the Royal Family

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:49 pm

My wife has been fascinated with the Royal Family for a long time. I think it might be because her ancestors on her Dad's side of the family came from England. She is fascinated with the history, and anything that happens to those people. Some people think that they get too much coverage, but I think it is okay to value the Royal Family. Carol and our granddaughter are watching the latest Royal Wedding. We don't have television reception, so I found the NBC DVD coverage of the Wedding, and they are enjoying watching it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Obsession With the Royal Family

Postby Chas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:11 am

I recommend two films which I hope you enjoy:
The Kings Speech
The Queen (2006) to quote IMDB "After the death of Princess Diana, HRM Queen Elizabeth II struggles with her reaction to a sequence of events nobody could have predicted"

Personally I have very mixed feelings about the Royal dysfunctional family. Diana was certainly no saint and you only have to see photos of her lover Major Hewitt and Prince Harry to ask questions. I have a lot of time for Prince Charles who I think has had a tough time of it.
Chas

Re: Obsession With the Royal Family

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:27 am

Chas wrote:I recommend two films which I hope you enjoy:
The Kings Speech
The Queen (2006) to quote IMDB "After the death of Princess Diana, HRM Queen Elizabeth II struggles with her reaction to a sequence of events nobody could have predicted"

Personally I have very mixed feelings about the Royal dysfunctional family. Diana was certainly no saint and you only have to see photos of her lover Major Hewitt and Prince Harry to ask questions. I have a lot of time for Prince Charles who I think has had a tough time of it.

I'm sure the Royal Family has been embarrassed at times with things their people have done; I know I would! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks much for the recommendations. Either we or our daughter has "The Kings Speech," and they have been watching it in the last couple of days. Carol says that we have "The Queen (2006) and she says that she has watched it. I am not as fascinated with it as Carol is, but I will watch it sometimes, and it is very interesting. There a lot of mixed feelings in this country about the Royal family also. My older brother and his wife are turned off by it all, and they think that people, including Carol, are too obsessed with it, and they think that there is too much news exposure to everything that happens with the Royal Family. I think they are somewhat griped when something like that wedding takes place and they can't watch their regular television programing because it is interupted by the goings on of the Royal Family, but personally I don't mind if they cover these events extensively. We don't have television reception, so we can pick and choose what we watch, and we are not sitting there glued to the television set wishing something else was on. At one time that would have been us too, and there is nothing at all wrong with that if someone wants television reception on a daily basis, but we don't value that any more, at least for the present time. Thanks a lot for you response to this post! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum