Do You Have Cravings?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Do You Have Cravings?

Postby Edwin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 pm

People have cravings for various reasons. I have heard in the past that when ladies are pregnant they have strange cravings. In fact I think this has been the subject of movies at times, but the only example of this I can remember is "Lady and the Tramp." I think this is probably true that ladies who are pregnant have cravings. Is this true, and do you have examples? I think also if someone is lacking something in their diet it may give them cravings. I know if horses are lacking salt and minerals they will eat wood if they get a chance. They will chew corral poles, trees, wood strips off from buildings, and other wood items. We have 3 daughters. The 2 identical twins will eat whatever candy they get in one setting, but the younger sister is a saver. They all love the candy, but to the twins it is to be eating, where as to the younger sister the candy is like money in the bank. When the kids used to go tricker treating, the twins would eat everything that night, while the younger sister would put hers in a drawer, and she would still have some of it a year later. I am somewhat like the younger sister in that I love to eat the candy, it tastes delicious to me, but I will save it, and eventually I will eat it after it might be several years old. I love dark chocolate bars, and the kids know that so they gave me a number of dark chocolate bars a long time ago. It just dawned on me that they were getting some age on them, so I decided to start eating them. They still taste good, but they are changing color, so I think it is time to start eating them. I don't have to worry about anyone else getting into them and eating them because I am the only one who likes dark chocolate. Why is that? When I was little my mom bought unsweetened chocolate bars for cooking. They are somewhat like dark chocolate bars, and she would give me a chunk of the unsweetened chocolate bar while she was cooking, and I have loved them ever since. You might say every once in a while I get a craving for them!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Do You Have Cravings?

Postby edeline » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Yes that is right Edwin, that pregnant women are craving for food but I am not sure what month it is. I guess it is a one month that they want to eat something. Me in my case, I used to crave when my period is approaching. I used to crave oranges and sometimes cold drinks. I love to eat too much when it is near and I can tell it. I will be spending an extra because of that. If people don't know about it they will think I am preggy, hehehe. Like last time, I remembered when I said to my co teacher I need to buy pineapples and oranges, I want it badly and she asked me what is the matter? I was playing with her, I said I don't know I need to eat those food, come and help me find those food. She then asked me if I was preggy and then I was laughing., that was funny.
edeline

Postby red » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Yes very much! I crave for meat sometimes esp Pork Chop... and i do cook it just the way i like it. I also crave for chocolates. Mmmmm yummy. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 am

When I was growing up we raised our own pigs, butchered them, smoked them and so on. A neighbor was happy to let my Dad smoke the pork, and I'm not sure how much of the pigs he was smoking, but the neighbor got the fire a little too hot, and burned the whole, smoke house, pigs and all to the ground. Then he built a smoke house out of cinder blocks. My Dad built a very small smoke house that looked more like an outhouse; it was very small, but he smoked some meat in it. I loved eating the pork chops too, and I loved the fat!!!! I have not eaten much of it since as I got the idea eating too much pork might not be good for my health, but lately we have eaten some pork chops, and boy do I love them!!!! :D :D

I love chocolate also, any kind; drink or solid. I love the big hershey chocolate bars with almond nuts in them! Of course like I wrote in the other post I actually like dark chocolate the best, and even simi or unsweetened chocolate. Carol's cousin brought me a jar of chocolate covered almonds from Costco, and they didn't last long at all; boy were they good!!!! We bought another from Costco, and Carol begs for 4 of them once in a while, and then she usually takes more than 4 of them! :lol: :lol: I don't really make her beg, but she does, and I willingly give her what she wants, only with her diabetes she knows that she should eat very many of them. I have dark chocolate, one hershey chocolate bar with almond nuts in it, one chocolate bar with berries and nuts in it, I have chocolate covered pomegranits, I had a bag of hershey kisses, but they didn't last long. I have a container of small chocolate bars. I better lock my house now after telling you all about the chocolate I have in my house, or you will come and steal it from me!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would give you some!!!! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't worry I don't know where your house is located, lol
Yes i do love chocolates when im craving i eat lots of them but when I think about the sugars and calories then i stop eating them. It can gain me weight faster too.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes, come to my house any time and I will give you some. You are correct about the sugars and the quick weight gaining. Carol read the label on the chocolate covered almonds and she figures she can afford to eat some of them. It is a know fact that it is good to splerge every once in a while and eat some, rather than denying yourself and then really pigging out later! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby edeline » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:21 am

Can I visit your house so that I can have some of the chocolates? hehehe
edeline

Postby Edwin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Yes, Edeline, are you pregnant!? No I am just kidding you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mother and younger sister lived in the Tri-Cities, Southern Washington State, my sister still lives there, but my mother is dead. Anyway I was down there helping them in the summer in vacation times when I wasn't teaching school, and my mother got me started to drinking orange juice, and now I can't stop. That was back in 1992 or so. She kept either lemon juice or orange juice in the refrigerator all the time. I never drank much of it before, but now I have to have orange juice in the refrigerator all the time. I drink it right out of the bottle, however much I want to drink, so I don't have to drink a full glass, but I just gulp as much as I want!

Hey, Edeline, come to my house! Carol can't eat much of the chocolate because of her diabetes, and you and I can just pig out on the chocolate! How does that sound? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyone else can come too, and we will have a chocolate party! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum