Is it just me???

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Is it just me???

Postby HappyDave » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi All,

I hope this does not sound too pathetic or whiny, but I am surprised and a little disappointed.

I selected 10 profiles from the recent additions, all with similar age range and expectations from the women's profiles and fired off an email to JadeRune and promptly received the email contacts.

I emailed off 10 short, basic introductions and a recent picture. For my age (60) I am not ugly, I am clean, tidy, well groomed, no tattoos, never been in Jail or Prison, don't smoke, only drink socially and I am a retired professional Engineer. I am financially comfortable for the rest of my life and have a nice home and no debt.

It has been 5 weeks now and only one response. I assumed that a lot of women in PI will probably have to use an Internet cafe and that's why I waited five weeks before declaring this as a waste of time. I expect this kind of treatment from American dating sites, but I figured a Christian site with seemingly well intentioned people would be different.

Thoughts???

Dave
HappyDave

Re: Is it just me???

Postby brat4300 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 am

I can say that if you read through the post about how to contact these women it would answer a lot of your questions. --> http://jaderune.com/addresslist.html

From my experience the lower the number on the page of listings the less likely you will get a response. From what I can tell is the site has been up for quite a long time and some of the listings can be outdated. The admins of this site do not have the time to go through each and every profile to figure out if they are still using that email or even in the same address. I have spoken with a girl on here that was single and no kids 4 years ago when she posted her profile but now is separated and has a child... all happening in the last 4 years.

You are not going to see the same type of result you would in a traditional American dating site here and if you are expecting that then you will be very disappointed. If you are in a hurry then that is only going to disappoint you more. Find another 10 and start over again, you may need to go through 20, 30 or even 50 to find enough to chat with over email and find the one that is right for you.

And remember this is a free site and the admin gives up his free time to help get you those profiles...nobody said it would all be easy.

Hope that helps
brat4300

Postby Chas » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 am

You have effectively posted your profile on the Forum so may get private replies from some of the ladies who read and contribute to the forum.

It is difficult to answer your question without knowing the age of the ladies whose profiles you requested and if they had kids, but I will hazard a few guesses which may or may not help.

1. Even new additions may have been 'taken' by somebody else and have not removed their profiles in case it does not work out.

2. It is my impression that family and having their own family is very important to Filipinas and given your age it is a not unreasonable assumption that you may not want kids. Did any of the ladies already have kids?

3. You do not say what country you are from, some are only interested in Americans, did you set out any preconditions about where you wanted to live?

Finally, was it a waste of time? You have one who has replied and is interested in you and presumably you in her as you choose her profile? Why not explore that option?? If that does not work out you can always ask for another set of contact details from Michael (Jaderune).

Good luck - keep trying and do not give up.
Chas

Postby HappyDave » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 pm

brat4300 wrote:I can say that if you read through the post about how to contact these women it would answer a lot of your questions.

Thanks Brat -- but -- I had read through that page and I followed the suggestions regarding emails.

brat4300 wrote:From my experience the lower the number on the page of listings the less likely you will get a response.

You will notice that in my original post that I took the names from the "Recently added" pages. To be exact, the last three recently added pages so the information should be very fresh.

Dave
HappyDave

Postby HappyDave » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks Chas,

The ages of the ladies was 45 and over and I only emailed if they had in their profile that they were looking for someone in my age range, to wit, "45..60" or "40..65" or "35..80' whatever.

In the introduction I added that children would not be a problem.

I am from the USA and also mentioned my State and general location in the intro.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Dave.
HappyDave

Postby Chas » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 am

HappyDave wrote:Thanks Chas,

The ages of the ladies was 45 and over and I only emailed if they had in their profile that they were looking for someone in my age range, to wit, "45..60" or "40..65" or "35..80' whatever.

In the introduction I added that children would not be a problem.

I am from the USA and also mentioned my State and general location in the intro.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Dave.

I am surprised as well. Sorry I have no ideas, but do not give up.
Chas

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I know some ladies who are in the age ranges that you are interested in who are looking for a penpal/friend/partner/husband. Some have profiles on the website, and others do not. If you contact me, then I will be happy to send you their information. My email is jaderune@hotmail.com
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby HappyDave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 am

jadegil6 wrote:If you contact me, then I will be happy to send you their information.

Thanks I will do that.

Interestingly it appears that whining on the forum can have some degree of success. I have just received emails from 3 of the latent 9 contacts. :) Coincidence?

Must have poked a guilty nerve there. :D :D :o

Dave
HappyDave

Postby justmovenalong » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Thats funny u say whining on forum must help I to whined on here a year ago about the same issues(getting no responce)then red from forum introdused me to my wife to be after that and I hope to have her here next month and be married by march 27 hehehe good luck :lol: :lol: :lol:
justmovenalong

Postby Andrewm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 am

Well, JustMovenAlong, I guess we all should be wishing you and your bride (is she with you now?) happy wedding bells and life together. I wish you two all the best as you walk and live together the rest of your days on this earth.

For HappyDave: Perhaps you now have sufficient replies and are busy with plenty of back & forth correspondence. So no more needs to be said in this thread. However, if you are interested:

My only suggestions are two. The first you may not mind at all, the second may irritate you, but so be it.

1. Don't know because you did not add it in what you shared in the initial post for this thread, but are you a committed Christian man who takes churchgoing, Bible reading, Bible study, Christian service, and prayer seriously? Are you conveying to the prospective ladies that you contact that you love Jesus and will adere to the Apostle Paul's instruction to "love your wife as Christ loves the Church?"

I think that this is probably very important for ladies in the age segment you seek (really any age bracket). Most have probably seen much of what the world has to offer and friends and relatives with crumbled, destroyed, or fragile marriages. I think they'd be very interested to know if the foundation of their relationship with you would be secure, the only secure one being in Christian living and principles.

This is not to say that Christian homes are impervious to ills. We all know this is not the case. But "Unless the Lord builds the House, they labor in vain to build at all" Right?

Maybe some of the ladies are a bit slow to respond or cautious because they want to hear you express where you stand with your Christian faith. (Again, maybe you shared that with the women you contacted but not in this thread. If so, please disregard.)

2. You mention that you drink socially. Now perhaps you did not share that in the initial messages to the first 10 ladies you contacted. But if you did, I think you understand that "social drinking" can be code for much worse (in either a man or woman). If you are seeking a good woman at or a bit over the age of 45, she's probably a very astute woman. And she'll have seen lives around her wrecked over just alcohol alone. Frankly, you have too. So...some women that you have written might have every right to be a bit cautious with you.

I am sorry if you do not like that or that iritates you. Although not my intent to bother you, that's the facts. Inviting alcohol into your home is playing with fire. Solid Christian women don't expect that in a man they hope to have as the love of their life and their home leader. Particularly when children are involved. It's really hard for a teen to say no to alcohol when he sees you imbibing.
Andrewm

Next

Return to General Forum