what do you think?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

what do you think?

Postby Rhusette_me » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:29 am

...i wAs nOt bOrN tO iNsiSt mYsElf tO sOmEoNe wHo doEsn't wAnT mE aNyMoRe...I giVe loVe Yes I dO...iNfAct I eAsiLy fAll fOr sOmEonE wHo mAkEs mE fEeL sPeCiAl...bUt wHen I seNse tHat tHe pErsOn iS sTaRtinG tO gEt Rid oF mE? I wOn't wAsTe tiMe... I wOn't wait fOr him to negLect my pReseNce...loVe dOn't fAde eAsily, bUt mARk mY wOrDs..."I cAn conTraDict my fEelings juSt to maKe sUre I won't lOok Stupid!....
Rhusette_me

Re: what do you think?

Postby tom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:04 pm

when i see this post, i think maybe you are a friend of carlota :lol:
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby Rhusette_me » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

tom wrote:
    when i see this post, i think maybe you are a friend of carlota :lol:

you think i should delete it?????????? hehehe...yes, she's a friend of mine actually...
Rhusette_me

Postby eStu » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 am

I tHiNk I kNoW wHy ThAt pOsT mAde tOm tHinK Of CaRLoTa... hehe :)

Regarding the quote, I think I've seen it around on the internet but I'm not sure of the original source, does anyone know?

The quote makes me think of the particular emotional vulnerability of young women, who are more likely to deeply invest themselves emotionally in someone more quickly. The statement seems to be made from a position of awarness of the emotional risks of falling in love, and the fact that not everybody plays fair or turns out to be as they initially seem. "I cAn conTraDict my fEelings juSt to maKe sUre I won't lOok Stupid!" seems like a warning statement to those who might abuse the trust and emotions of the statement maker.

I think it's a good thing if young women are willing to set limits and be willing to protect themselves by walking away from a bad situation, but I also think that the ideal is to hold off from deep emotional investment until one has a better idea of the character and worthiness of the object of your affections. That said, matters of love and emotion are rarely that tidy or clinical. Also, a woman's capacity to love is something special and I know I for one would not be attracted to a robotic and cold woman whose emotionals were completely guarded.

Some might argue from a conservative standpoint that it's better to avoid deep involvement until an official commitment has been made... and I see sense in that argument but then again if we don't get to know someone well in advance of engagement or marriage how are we to ascertain compatability?

What do you folks think the most suitable level of 'involvement' and getting to know a person is prior to an official commitment such as engagement? Do you think that such a step goes some way to guaranteeing the seriousness of a suitor or are the risks of relationship failure the same?
eStu

Postby Rhusette_me » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 am

eStu wrote:I tHiNk I kNoW wHy ThAt pOsT mAde tOm tHinK Of CaRLoTa... hehe :)

Regarding the quote, I think I've seen it around on the internet but I'm not sure of the original source, does anyone know?

The quote makes me think of the particular emotional vulnerability of young women, who are more likely to deeply invest themselves emotionally in someone more quickly. The statement seems to be made from a position of awarness of the emotional risks of falling in love, and the fact that not everybody plays fair or turns out to be as they initially seem. "I cAn conTraDict my fEelings juSt to maKe sUre I won't lOok Stupid!" seems like a warning statement to those who might abuse the trust and emotions of the statement maker.

I think it's a good thing if young women are willing to set limits and be willing to protect themselves by walking away from a bad situation, but I also think that the ideal is to hold off from deep emotional investment until one has a better idea of the character and worthiness of the object of your affections. That said, matters of love and emotion are rarely that tidy or clinical. Also, a woman's capacity to love is something special and I know I for one would not be attracted to a robotic and cold woman whose emotionals were completely guarded.

Some might argue from a conservative standpoint that it's better to avoid deep involvement until an official commitment has been made... and I see sense in that argument but then again if we don't get to know someone well in advance of engagement or marriage how are we to ascertain compatability?

What do you folks think the most suitable level of 'involvement' and getting to know a person is prior to an official commitment such as engagement? Do you think that such a step goes some way to guaranteeing the seriousness of a suitor or are the risks of relationship failure the same?

Maybe you've seen it in my facebook account...I wrote it in my status box.. I am a really emotional person but I have also limitations in terms of loving someone...
Rhusette_me

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 am

What do you think sounds very philosophical. Sounds like a lot of very deep thinking. Like more than "a penny for your thoughts?" :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Rhusette_me » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Edwin wrote:What do you think sounds very philosophical. Sounds like a lot of very deep thinking. Like more than "a penny for your thoughts?" :D :D :D :D

Yeah, your right! Because I am fond of thinking and infact, I do a lot of thinking everyday. And I dont do actions which I haven't thinked twice. I know actions speaks louder that words but i think thoughts are the most important one...
Rhusette_me

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Rhusette_me wrote:
Edwin wrote:What do you think sounds very philosophical. Sounds like a lot of very deep thinking. Like more than "a penny for your thoughts?" :D :D :D :D

Yeah, your right! Because I am fond of thinking and infact, I do a lot of thinking everyday. And I dont do actions which I haven't thinked twice. I know actions speaks louder that words but i think thoughts are the most important one...

Yes, and you know if we think things out we are less apt to get into trouble. There is nothing wrong with being a deep thinker. It is fun to day dream also, thinking of things that you would like to do, and also it is fun remembering things that you have done that have brought you joy. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Rhusette_me » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 am

Edwin wrote:
Rhusette_me wrote:

Yes, and you know if we think things out we are less apt to get into trouble. There is nothing wrong with being a deep thinker. It is fun to day dream also, thinking of things that you would like to do, and also it is fun remembering things that you have done that have brought you joy. :D :D :D :D

that is right! the saddest part of it is that, when you want to forget some one and you can do it because he's is your nerves!!! lol
Rhusette_me

Postby Edwin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:12 am

Yes, Rhusette, I can understand how that would be when you have been hurt and need to forget, and then it is not always easy, but they say time heals, and then God helps us to move on as well and not be so hurt when we depend on Him. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum