A Pencil

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

A Pencil

Postby Rhusette_me » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 pm

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.

"There are 5 things you need to know," he told the pencil, "Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be."

"One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand."

"Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil."

"Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make."

"Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside."

"And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write."

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but you'll need it to become a stronger person.

Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's on the inside.

And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties.

Allow this parable on the pencil to encourage you to know that you are a special person and only you can fulfill the purpose to which you were born to accomplish.

Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot make a change :) :) :) :) :) :)
Rhusette_me

Re: A Pencil

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 pm

That is a very good parable you shared with us, Rhusette! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Rhusette_me » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:01 am

Edwin wrote:That is a very good parable you shared with us, Rhusette! :D :D :D :D

Thank you for the compliment, Mr. Edwin1 I hope lots of people can read this so they will know how important they are in this world!
Rhusette_me

Postby edeline » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 am

Thanks for sharing this. This is very true.

As much as possible we will try not to be discouraged but there are really times that we are expecting something to happen but turns out to be different so we are discouraged. Especially when we are trying to get that certain thing and all our focus and attention is on that but in the end it turns to nothing. The only thing I think we need to do is to be brave enough but can't never promise not to be discouraged.

Discouragement is always part of our achievements because sometimes there are better outcomes that what we expected but we can't understand that at an instant. It takes time to learn and understand why such things happen.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:31 pm

When discouragement comes that is when we need to encourage ourselves in the Lord. The Psalmist David had to encourage himself in the Lord. At that time he had so many things to be discouraged about, and no reason to feel encouragement, yet he encouraged himself in the Lord. It is hard sometimes though, but the Lord will help us. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Andrewm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you, Rhusette. I will never again look at a pencil in the same way.

(Hm....Maybe a slight modification for the mechanical pencils: Instead of painful sharpening from time to time, you will be sharply twisted at times and you will need to be refilled by a source much bigger than yourself.)

Being a willing, ready, reliable, and enthusiastic instrument for God. That is our function/mission.

Very nice analogy. This works so well because everyone in the world can relate to the most basic writing/communication/art instrument, the pencil. One can use this in a simple Sunday School lesson or kids summer camp. Thank you. Andrew

P.S. I'll gladly be a number 2 pencil, thank you.
Andrewm

Postby Rhusette_me » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Andrewm wrote:Thank you, Rhusette. I will never again look at a pencil in the same way.

(Hm....Maybe a slight modification for the mechanical pencils: Instead of painful sharpening from time to time, you will be sharply twisted at times and you will need to be refilled by a source much bigger than yourself.)

Being a willing, ready, reliable, and enthusiastic instrument for God. That is our function/mission.

Very nice analogy. This works so well because everyone in the world can relate to the most basic writing/communication/art instrument, the pencil. One can use this in a simple Sunday School lesson or kids summer camp. Thank you. Andrew

P.S. I'll gladly be a number 2 pencil, thank you.

Thank You Mr. Andrew.. Yes, your very right in that thing! i shared it here because i want to tell everybody that no matter how small you are, you really have something importance in the world! Thanks a Lot for the comment! Keep Safe!
Rhusette_me

Postby ruffa2010 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:08 pm

This is indeed a great st0ry of u rhusette_me. We are enc0urage to live life to the fullest.
ruffa2010

Postby abufarsi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 pm

5. Sooner or later somebody will scrub the top of YOUR head off to fix somebody else's mistakes.
5a. Undoubtedly somebody will bite your head off when you can no longer fix those mistakes.
6. Be ready to be tossed aside when you still have lots of good use left in you.
7. Sooner or later, somebody a lot bigger than you, will break you in half just for the drama of it.
8. When you are shoved into somebodies nose or ear, try to understand that this is normal for children.
9. All though you came in yellow, please understand that even if they are brown, they are probably just as good a pencil as you are.
10. Even though #1 thinks he is a hard ass, #2 seems to be wanted by everybody, and #3 really is just a sweet softie, every pencil has it's place.
11. So what if you are a pencil in a world of ball point pens? You can still do things that those pens can't.
abufarsi

Postby Rhusette_me » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:56 am

abufarsi wrote:5. Sooner or later somebody will scrub the top of YOUR head off to fix somebody else's mistakes.
5a. Undoubtedly somebody will bite your head off when you can no longer fix those mistakes.
6. Be ready to be tossed aside when you still have lots of good use left in you.
7. Sooner or later, somebody a lot bigger than you, will break you in half just for the drama of it.
8. When you are shoved into somebodies nose or ear, try to understand that this is normal for children.
9. All though you came in yellow, please understand that even if they are brown, they are probably just as good a pencil as you are.
10. Even though #1 thinks he is a hard ass, #2 seems to be wanted by everybody, and #3 really is just a sweet softie, every pencil has it's place.
11. So what if you are a pencil in a world of ball point pens? You can still do things that those pens can't.

Very great, abufarsi! Nice one!! your posts are really a must-read one! lol!
Rhusette_me

Next

Return to General Forum