Living Together

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Living Together

Postby ronspeers » Thu May 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Might be a good idea for most american men to just live with your filipina in the philippines for 1 or 2 years before making any marriage committment. Find out what reality is with your filipina, filipino culture etc. See whether it is really right for both of you.
ronspeers

Re: Living Together

Postby Edwin » Fri May 06, 2011 12:20 am

I know people have been living together without the sanction of marriage for many years now. I believe that life style to be wrong. In my view it is living in sin. I would dare say that most filipino people would view that similarly. That is one of those things that you don't try out first, except that you go with the person, getting to know them, and then you get engaged which in some cultures is almost like being married, except without sleeping together, and then after you both are sure, then you get married. Some people have that view, while others think they need to try it out first. I wouldn't want someone to try out me first, and I wouldn't subject someone else to a trial first either. I would want to be sure first, and then be commited. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri May 06, 2011 1:04 am

Edwin wrote:I know people have been living together without the sanction of marriage for many years now. I believe that life style to be wrong. In my view it is living in sin. I would dare say that most filipino people would view that similarly. That is one of those things that you don't try out first, except that you go with the person, getting to know them, and then you get engaged which in some cultures is almost like being married, except without sleeping together, and then after you both are sure, then you get married. Some people have that view, while others think they need to try it out first. I wouldn't want someone to try out me first, and I wouldn't subject someone else to a trial first either. I would want to be sure first, and then be commited. :D :D :D :D

Very good, perfect explanation, Sir Edwin :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D You are the best hehehhe. God will always bless you with such kind of heart. Not to try it first but make sure it first and be committed. :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby ronspeers » Fri May 06, 2011 9:00 am

Most potential risk in these marriages is to the man. So it's clearly reasonable that the man should try the situation out to see if it works, after all he has more to risk. Of course filipinas will not admit they will accept this arrangement because it is in their best interest to "close the deal" before the man has second thoughts, but as there are millions of filipinas looking for a relative few american men, I will say probably 80% to 90% filipinas will agree to live together for a couple of years. Biggest problem will be the man must be very, very careful to not to let the filipina get pregnant because she will want to right away. Marriage is for the legal protection of children. So don't have children in the mix, try things out first, then marriage, then children.

And of course zero children if the guy is older than 50. It is just cruel to bring a child into the world when you know there is a high probability a father will not be around to raise it. That's pre-mediated child abuse. Horrible.
ronspeers

Postby Edwin » Fri May 06, 2011 10:16 am

crisipicada wrote:
Edwin wrote:I know people have been living together without the sanction of marriage for many years now. I believe that life style to be wrong. In my view it is living in sin. I would dare say that most filipino people would view that similarly. That is one of those things that you don't try out first, except that you go with the person, getting to know them, and then you get engaged which in some cultures is almost like being married, except without sleeping together, and then after you both are sure, then you get married. Some people have that view, while others think they need to try it out first. I wouldn't want someone to try out me first, and I wouldn't subject someone else to a trial first either. I would want to be sure first, and then be commited. :D :D :D :D

Very good, perfect explanation, Sir Edwin :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D You are the best hehehhe. God will always bless you with such kind of heart. Not to try it first but make sure it first and be committed. :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, Crisi! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby ronspeers » Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 am

Sadly most so-called christians today do not understand christian marriage believing that marriage contract is godly marriage. It is not.

Original christian god ordained marriage was a committment of a man and a woman to god and before god, it had nothing to do with government contracts. Today so called marriage has nothing to do with god, it is a contract, just a business contract signed by the man with the state and the woman with the state. It is a business contract with the government that has nothing to do with god. A ceremony may be performed in a church but that is not the marriage. Since the marriage contract is with the state not with god, the state defines the terms and responsibilities based on the laws that politicians pass, these may not be and probably are not based on god or gods laws.

So the current marriage is a business contract of state and has nothing to do with and is certainly not a true christian marriage.

Living together is not wrong in any way if the man and woman have made a commitment to each other thru god. The fake and wrong marriage is the business contract with a government.

The so called marriage of today is a business contract which defines property issues and rights and has nothing to do with the pure true christian concept of marriage. Any true christian today should see the state marriage contract for what it is, a business contract not a godly marriage.
ronspeers

Postby crisipicada » Fri May 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Actually God place the government to govern the people. Therefore they ordained by God to do things for the people. Read I Corinthians 10.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby ronspeers » Fri May 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Crispi

Help me out here. Is there some version of the bible you have in the Philippines that I don't have in the USA? If there is please show me where I Cor 10 discusses marriage and government contracts because the version below does not address these issues. Please show me where I Cor 10 discusses marriage and government contracts.

1 Corinthians 10

Warnings From Israel’s History

1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness. 6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.”[a] 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test Christ,[b] as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel. 11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Idol Feasts and the Lord’s Supper

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.
18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

The Believer’s Freedom

23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others. 25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”[f] 27 If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29 I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
ronspeers

Postby Manilaman » Mon May 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Definitely live together. Test drive before you buy.
Manilaman

Postby Edwin » Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Manilaman wrote:Definitely live together. Test drive before you buy.

8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum