Hug for Health

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Hug for Health

Postby crisipicada » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:16 am

While reading publication of Health and Home, one of the newslines is entitled: Hug for Health. It reads:
Research tends to be ongoing the health benefits of hugs. Recent studies indicate that people shown affection are less
likely to see a doctor or feel sick; they instead report a zest for life, love for work, and sense that their existence
is meaningful.

With this, i realized that it is true. :D :D :D :D I was sick and always been sick and i need someone's hugs.
This is very true to all and someone must given affection as one of the vital need of a person.
How about you? Do you experience the same? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Hug for Health

Postby eStu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 am

Yeah, for sure! Hugs are good for you! :D :D :D Everyone loves hugs, right? Even thinking of the word hug makes me feel positive and these days science is finding that our bodies produce a lot of chemical responses to behaviours and feelings that can have ongoing effects on our wellbeing.

Smiling is good for you too and often hugs make you smile. Laughter is also supposed to be beneficial for health (in moderation or you might get fitted up for a special jacket with long sleeves that makes you give yourself a continuous hug).

Hope you get plenty of hugs to boost your vitality and energy Crisi... hmm... I would offer to help out but we're too far :lol:

I think hugs are good for emotional health, and emotional health is good for physical health.

I wonder though, if your friend has flu and their spirits are down would you still hug them?

Or, if you have a pet porcupine or echidna and they're feeling blue... hehe... no that's just silly.
eStu

Postby Tigger82d » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:25 pm

No wander my kids are never sick. They tell me I'm hugging them to death, but now I know better, lol.
Tigger82d

Hug for Health

Postby crisipicada » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Hmmmm i always hyperventilate. I need someone to mouth to mouth resuscitation. Is any one knows how to do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess i just need someone who is true and loving to me. I am just a simple woman desire to be loved. :P :P :P :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 am

crisipicada wrote:Hmmmm i always hyperventilate. I need someone to mouth to mouth resuscitation. Is any one knows how to do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess i just need someone who is true and loving to me. I am just a simple woman desire to be loved. :P :P :P :P

It seems like I have sometime in the past seen on a movie about someone pretending to need resuscitation! Then suddenly they came too and became an active participant. Humor in the movie. Hugs are wonderful, and mouth to mouth is great too! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Tigger82d » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 am

crisipicada wrote:Hmmmm i always hyperventilate. I need someone to mouth to mouth resuscitation. Is any one knows how to do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You better be careful, you might get liplock :)
Tigger82d

Postby m&m » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

They said, left handed person are more romantic than right handed, is this true? Are you left handed? Hmmmm me i am right handed.
Liplock? Wow that would be very romantic for lovers!!!! :P :P :P How long will it take to liplock? 10 min., 30 min., an hour? Hmmmm i can't imagine how long would be.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 pm

m&m wrote:They said, left handed person are more romantic than right handed, is this true? Are you left handed? Hmmmm me i am right handed.
Liplock? Wow that would be very romantic for lovers!!!! :P :P :P How long will it take to liplock? 10 min., 30 min., an hour? Hmmmm i can't imagine how long would be.

When I was attending Bible College the President of the College had broken his arm, so he had to shake with his left hand, and when he did he commented that his left hand was closer to his heart. That might be the basis of that thought with a left handed person using the hand closer to his/her heart. My mother's brother was left handed, and so was my father-in-law who has been dead since 1983 or so. I am amidexterous to some extent. I broke my right wrist when I was in Bible College, so I had to learn to write left handed. I do a lot of my work with my left hand. I chop wood left handed, and also use a shovel, bar, and pick left handed.

I think that would be extremely romantic, and how long is anyone's guess. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 pm

When I was substitute teaching in public school classrooms years ago, I have been around some teachers who would hug every student who was leaving for home at the end of the day. They believed those students needed hugs. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:14 am

My wife, Carol, and I worked at a resort for 10 years. A few years ago Carol saw this lady on the deck who she thought looked rather sad, so she walked up to this woman, and told her that she thought she needed a hug, and Carol hugged her. Carol figured out later that this woman was a famous author, and she always came to this place to do some of her writing. Carol had been reading her books for years and didn't know who she was. When Carol found out who she was, Carol was really embarrassed, but even rich and famous people need hugs. She has been our friend ever since then. I had her on a number of my tours and didn't know who she was, and I just treated her like I would have anyone else, which is probably what she would have wanted. We just saw her a couple of weeks ago. I sat down at a pump organ, playing it, and she played on the lower end of the keyboard, and I had no idea that she was a professional pianist, otherwise I would have felt so self conscious that I would not have been able to have played anything, but I played like I was the one who knew what I was doing. She was impressed with my ability to play by ear, because I had already packed my music away. I told her I had already packed my music, and she told me to try to play something, so I did. When she asked for me to come she sent word she wanted me to sing. Then she told me that she was having trouble keeping the foot peddles going, so I sat down and started pumping and playing, and it was fun. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum