Forbidden Love

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Forbidden Love

Postby red » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 am

I heard from a group of women today talking about forbidden love. I think they were talking about a certain movie about forbidden love.
Forbidden lovers defend their feelings and fight for it thinking they are right in the eyes of God and law of man. They thought God allow them to be in that relationship because they are destined into it. That is stupidity. I think they are falling into that relationship because they allow themselves to be into it. They wanted and desired each other for lust. They have their own definition of love but I am strongly against it. Anyone who are on it and will try to defend in front of me will have her/his face blow away to planet Mars. lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Re: Forbidden Love

Postby crisipicada » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello, Red. I salute you of being straight forward and your conviction about forbidden love . It is very rare today that people value marriage. People treat themselves as an object and no matter what the consequence of their actions, they do not anticipate. Congratulations!
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Wow, be careful with Red! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not seen the movie, but "Forbidden Love" does not sound like legitimate love. "Forbidden Love," sounds like they are loving when they shouldn't be loving. Actually I don't think the correct term in love, as Red said, I think it is lust. Bible gives a list of "Forbidden Love," and most of God's rules on it have to do with incest relationships, of people related who should not be indulging in illicit sex. That has to do with and uncle and a niece, or a brother and a sister, or a father and daughter, and so on. The commiting of adultery or fornication would be forbidden love. People might think they are put together, and so they belong together, but that is not true if it is in violation of God's Laws, and Red is ready to fight for God's laws, and that is good; just don't get into trouble Red! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks Crisi, and for Sir Ed, I am referring of forbidden love here to those married people fooling around and for those singles that are in relationship with married man/woman. I was not talking about Forbidden Love movie, sorry about that i think there is no such title of a movie.

I know many people who are into such relationship. Oh yeah and I wont tolerate such thing. I read in 1 Corinthians that you should stay away from those kind of people.
Don't worry sir Ed I stay away from trouble but if trouble finds me i would welcome to knock it down. :lol:
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:48 am

I understand your meaning of "Forbidden Love." Yes it is forbidden. In the USA it is quite common I think, though it is not right. In the Philippines I understand that you can actually be convicted and sent to jail with a charge of adultery, which can be I think 7 or more years in prison. So the guys fooling around with married women in the Philippines better be careful. In the USA it may cause all kinds of problems, but recently people don't get sent to jail over it. I think when I was a little boy people in the USA could actually get into trouble with the law because of committing adultery. God is a jealous God, and He will not have any other gods before Him. Idolatry is spiritual immorality, or spiritual adultery. When Israel went whoring after other gods they were committing adultery against God. The Bible says "Thou shalt not commit adultery," so it is a sin before God that He punishes people for. The person who commits adultery will be punished by God, and they must repent, receive forgiveness, and depart from their sins.

That a girl, Red! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Cheating on a spouse is a shallow,self centered thing to do.People can call it "forbidden love " or anything else they want,to maybe make it seem exotic,or desirable,but in the light of day it is just a cheap dirty betrayal.
Things like trust,honor,and integrity seem to mean more to some people than to others.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

James 1:12; " Blessed is the man (or woman) that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13; Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14; But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15; Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."

What happens is as Red described it, that people end up in close proximation to each other. They might think it is destiny, and that they are made for each other, but what is actually happening is that they are being inticed to sin by the enemy. What they are supposed to do is endure temptation, and then they will recieve the crown of life promised by the Lord to those who love Him. It is lust, and if they yield, they will commit sin, and the result of that sin is spiritual death and eternal death. God does offer forgiveness with sorrow and repentance. There is no justification for two people getting involved with each other against God's will and plan. It is not right. Resist the devil and he will flee. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 am

I have an example here one i just saw on TV the other night. It is a Filipino soap opera. There were lovers parted ways and each got married to another person. Then the ex lovers crossed path again and fell in love all over again. Both said there is nothing wrong about their relationship because they were the original lovers and in their eyes they are right and to the eyes of God. Only the law of man and people around them judged them as wrong. I reacted like "what a crap!". Then I thought television should not show those kind of soap opera because it only entices the young ones to copy them. I mostly watch the tail end of that show because I am waiting for the news which is next on that show.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Television in general and soap opera in specific do not portray good Christian values. People really get hooked in those things, and then, you are correct Red, the young people mimic them thinking if it is on the soap opera then it must be okay in society, and doing those things causes more trouble than is portrayed on the soap opera. They portray the idea that everything is fine, and there are no bad consequences, and boy are they wrong! One bad thing about television and soap operas is that for one thing they are addictive, and then it is a passive medium where people sit mezmerized and become hypnotized, and the devil has them right where he wants them taking in all that evil and making it a part of their lives. They dwell on that, and then eventually they start acting it out, and then are they ever in trouble. :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree that much of television plays a big part in the erosion of moral fibre along with many movies and a lot of popular music.So called reality tv glorifies trashy behavior, Movies tend to justify instant gratification,and music has given way to angry grunting from the ghetto.I can`t say where it is going but I really don`t see things getting much better.Too many people just seem to only be interested in taking the easy way out.
I`m far from being a puritan but the low standards I see every day bother me a lot.I`m glad that my daughters also seem to have no problem knowing right from wrong and making appropriate choices. They make me proud on a regular basis.
Smiley

Next

Return to General Forum