What Interesting Things do you encounter when you walk?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What Interesting Things do you encounter when you walk?

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:25 am

We have been leaving our gate open since sometime in the winter. So I just always expect that gate to be open, but when I came home the gate was closed. I saw horses where they really shouldn't have been because there is wheat planted, but maybe the neighbor thinks they won't eat too much of the wheat.

When I walk I walk three rounds, totalling 6.5 miles, and it is a good walk. Last night every time I made a round I had to walk past two horses that were either on the road or between the road and the fence. The only problem is that my big dog, Scooby, gets really excited, he barks with his loud voice, and he wants to chase those horses badly. They are very gentle, but they do not want to be chased! The problem for me is that Scooby is big and strong enough so that when he really wants to go, he takes me with him for several steps with my feet sliding on the sand/small gravel on the road. Then the horses, especially one of them, acts like they would like to strike him with their front feet, and I don't want to get hurt in the process. I found when he wants to go after them that way, I have to lift his front feet off the ground and that controls him. Then I hang on to him close and hard while we are going past the horses. They are very gentle and also curious so they follow us for a ways on the road, and Scooby the entire time is barking, turning around, and wanting to go after them, to give them a chase. So as a result, I got more exercise, but it didn't hurt me at all, and we had a good walk! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Re: What Interesting Things do you encounter when you walk?

Postby ms.sin17 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 pm

I like walking, not thinking the health benefits I get, while I was in Manila I really enjoyed walking around the Global City. The city was a blast! I love walking there tons! :D It leaves away my stress and problems, seeing people running wearing their own gears for running and jogging. It's perfect during night time, and after a nice walk around Bonifacio High street, there is a bookstore which is FULLY BOOKED where magazines and books are free to read anytime and unlimited.. :D But sometimes I feel awkward going there because most of the people around there are foreigners and rich people but sometimes I feel like I dont care and I just want to enjoy the Ayala has made.. hehe tall buildings, nice scenery, green grasses, CLEAN parks, medium cars passing through, awesome fountains and quiet :) I dont want to include the luxurious restaurants and stores over there, hehe

I can spend a day of walking within the city, I can do it alone or with someone with me. It takes away my stress and I dont notice that I have gone so far because in every street u see it's so clean and nice to see :) buying a 15 pesos sundae ice cream in 7 eleven can do for me and water :) SOLVE NA SOLVE!! hehe :D
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby red » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey miss sin long time no see but now see now. He he...so you spent lots of time in there huh. I dont really like manila because anywhere i go takes money. So i prefer walking at forest lots of adventure there.
Nice to see you here mis sin hope you post more on topics and pictures. He he
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes, ms.sin17, we are very glad to see you again, and keep coming back, please! That sounds like a wonderful walk for you among such beautiful scenery, and such fun things to do on the way around and through. The most important thing is that you are safe! I agree with you that walking is so uplifting, that it makes you feel much happier after you walk for a while. One movitator for me is that my big doggie, Scooby, the one you see in my avatar, cries when he knows that it is time to go for our walk, and those dogs have so much fun out there, that it makes me feel happy just watching them! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm

I was just about to got walking with the doggies, and I saw the evidence of rain on the window. I looked again, and it looked like it was not raining anymore. So I decided to go ahead and walk, and I am glad because it turned out really well! I did get rained on a little, but not enough to get me wet. My big doggie, Scooby, was looking in through the glass sliding door, saying, "Please, papa, take me walking," so I couldn't resist! Carol pulled a quite a few ticks off from him before I went walking. Only one that she pulled hurt him, and it was enough to make him hollar! He is such a good dog, and he doesn't mind if you look for ticks! There was a part of a rainbow, and it was beautiful! The smaller dog has to show the big dog that he is boss, and he acts really visious! Scooby tells him, "You can be boss," and we are on our way to walking! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Last night while walking along the railway tracks I was surrounded by more fireflys than I have ever seen at any time in my life.There were hundreds and hundreds of them,like they were having a convention or something :) I have seen heavy concentrations of them before but never like this. It was so beautiful I just stopped and watched them for a while.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Our grandson said that there were some fireflies where he lives in Hamlin, Pennsylvania. Carol and his mother are riding the train back there this coming Thursday, and he said that they would go out looking for them. While walking with the doggies my dog, Scooby wanted to smell of a lot of stuff beside the road. I think he is mainly looking for golfers. He runs around and gets so excited! The smaller dog must have gotten cold with lower temperatures and the wind blowing, because he came home before our walk was finished, and Carol said that he wanted in the house badly, probably to warm up. The wind blowing kept the mosquitoes somewhere else, and that was nice! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:03 am

A few nights ago when I was walking with the doggies, we came across a huge racoon! The smaller doggie that is lose all the time, went over to see if he could play with the racoon! I called Rand, the doggie back as I didn't think the racoon was in a mood to play, and I was afraid Rand might get hurt. He came right back to me, so maybe he understood. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 am

When I go walking I have the big doggie, Scooby on the lease with a collar and a harness, because if he gets away, he has his own good time, and he doesn't care that I want him to return to me. I love him anyway. The smaller dog, which is not a small dog, but smaller than the Great Swiss Mountain Dog, Scooby, is on his own lose to do as he pleases, and he will come to me when ever I want him to. Anyway just before coming back to the house, we were almost finished walking, and her he comes onto the road with what looked like a clump of grain stubble in his mouth. Upon closer inspection I saw that he came into contact with a porkipine! He had 15 porkipine quills in his mouth! I just counted them! It really bothered him, but there wasn't much I could do about it while we walked the mile or so back to the house. Every so often he would run up against me and poke me with them as if telling me please help me. Anyway after we got to the house I took a pair of plyers and pulled them out one by one, and it was not easy. It hurt him pretty bad and I was having to yell at him to "sit," "stay," "keep still," poor doggie, but eventually I got them all pulled! I let him back out, and he stayed out until I was ready to go to bed. When he was in the house he stayed right with me all the time. I am surprised that he didn't try to bite me, but not one time did he offer to bite. Years ago had a dog get porkipine squills the same way, but he was a biter, and I shut his head in a gate while I pulled quills out of that dog. I am glad that is over! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 am

During the winter I have to start walking right after my mid day meal to make sure I got home before dark! Now I am walking at 7 p.m. and later, and I still get back when I can see. I walk as late as I can, so that I can work as late as possible, and also so that I can have cool air walking conditions for the doggies. But there is not problem so far this year with that, as it has been too cold for comfort a good share of the time.

As I am finishing my walking it is almost dark. This evening there was the most beautiful, huge, full moon out tonight! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum