Vacation

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Vacation

Postby m&m » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Vacation, for students, means, end of school days. Usually, starting April to May of each year. It is one way, wherein students can relax from their studies. not only for students but also for teachers. Teachers, too, have 2 months vacation or off from work unless they want to work on vacation time and teach especially on post graduate courses. It is an additional income for them aside from their salary.

For non-teachers, we are give 15 days vacation leave and 15 days sick leave. Out of 15 days vacations leave, 5 days of that are mandatory. It simply means that if an employee does not avail the 5 days mandatory leave, he or she will be automatic deducted 5 days mandatory leave even he or she did not use it.

In addition to that, we also have 3 days special leave. That could be birthday leave, mourn leave or anniversary leave. As far as I know, special leave are leave that are special and only 3 days in a year. It is not deducted from any of the vacation leave or sick leave.

Leave can be monetized. Every year, the government allow government employees to monetize their leave credits depending on availability of funds to that department/government agency. Monetized base on the salary in daily basis/or monthly basis.

That is why, most of employees try to refrain from availing vacation leave here in the Philippines because it can be convert into cash based on the salary of every personnel.

In my case, I have not avail my leave credits for a year. I try not to use it because it can be monetized. One time I apply 10 days of leave credit rather than going into vacation especially during December. National Government Employees receive meager amount of bonus during December compare to Local Government Unit Employees or Provincial Government Employees or Controlled Owned Corporation (GOCC).

That is why, working in the Bureau for almost 8 years and working in the Local Government Unit for almost 4 or 5 years, I never use my leave credit into vacation. I might spend vacation but that is only during holidays and it is not deducted on our leave credits.

That i why, my sister said, I need vacation or spend time to unwind with others. See the world around you and try to enjoy life. :D :D

I will think about it because aside for expensive, it is deduct to our leave credits.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Re: Vacation

Postby Chas » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:57 am

Listen to your sister. She is 100% correct.

I believe travel broadens the mind. Even to a nearby town or Province, to break up your usual daily routine and see something different for a few days is good for you.

Cost is always an issue. Are there any opportunities through your Church to go and help in another community for a few days?
Chas

Postby m&m » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Chas wrote:Listen to your sister. She is 100% correct.

I believe travel broadens the mind. Even to a nearby town or Province, to break up your usual daily routine and see something different for a few days is good for you.

Cost is always an issue. Are there any opportunities through your Church to go and help in another community for a few days?

Oh, well, I enjoy also, like attending Church Family Camp to the church of my brother in law next town for a week during Holy Week. So, I just join afternoon and evening while there is work anyway. I have a good time especially meeting friends and teaching kids there.

What I am saying is that, it is a waste of money to go on vacation while I can see other people suffering. Here in our city, I meet people who have a hard time in life. So I said to myself better to stay home or do something worthwhile.

My sister and I are opposite. I told her that I want to be a good steward of my time and income. At least I am trying not to be indebt. And while she needs money, I told her, I do not want to hear that because I know your life style. Why not save income at least in hard times especially El Nino or long drought is coming, have something to get from the pocket.

May be in right time, like, have extra, then I will. I can enjoy without spending money anyway. Like visiting friends or neighborhood, cooking and eating young coconut, rather than going to boracay, palawan, bohol, etc. We are really the opposite because I try to be thrifty and to the point I try to eat vegetables a lot and plant at backyard.

My life has been like my father. Staying in the barrio and there is something to be thankful at least I wont be like others who are trying to go to other places even in debt. :)
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby angel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:03 am

each of us must enjoy a vacation so we can forget the stressful work that we have in our life. be thankful for this vacation and it can help you peace of your mind. try to be with others or some of your close friends even for three to five days it can help you a lot. and first if you have into a vacation dont think about your work just peaceful mind and heart. enjoy every minute of it.
angel

Postby m&m » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 am

angel wrote:each of us must enjoy a vacation so we can forget the stressful work that we have in our life. be thankful for this vacation and it can help you peace of your mind. try to be with others or some of your close friends even for three to five days it can help you a lot. and first if you have into a vacation dont think about your work just peaceful mind and heart. enjoy every minute of it.

You have a point on that, Angel. Even our Pastor encourages us to have family vacation that would strengthen family relationship. Or plan something that would re leave stress.

I am not against going on vacation in fact, I desire that. I desire to see nature, appreciate God's creation, and through that, I can really make me feel how BIG is my God, who created this world. :D :D :D In right time, I can go on vacation.
m&m

Postby wayne208 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:01 pm

I agree with Angel have a Nice Family Vacation . You will see Family and recharge your Batteries by doing so . Have Fun on Your Vacation and enjoy it . No matter what everyone here does Their will still be Suffering and Illness . By going on Vacation You will make Yourself Stronger and be able to Help More .
wayne208

Postby cheryz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Chas, Angel, and wayne are correct I definetly agree with them.
If I have enough money I would love to vacation too. You can enjoy with friends and family. Happy moments will remains last until your getting older you will never forget it. .:)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby m&m » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 pm

I am not against going on vacation. I would like to. I just share here my experience with my sister wherein we had misunderstanding regarding vacation. I told her that that is good and sometimes they invited me. I told her that I am not sure to go with them due to expense. And many times she approached me to lend money and seems it is a command that I should. That is why I stay away from staying at my sis house. It makes me stress really. My personality is, as much as I can, i try not to bother my family about money matters. I keep it by myself when I need to. Now, I commute daily to our house in the barrio.
m&m

Postby Smiley » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:23 am

I have not had a vacation in many years. I`m feeling that it is almost time ;)
Smiley

Postby angel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:46 am

i wanted to have vacation leave but i cant maybe i will schedule it in november or december hope my boss agree on it. really need this time to have to relax and enjoy life sometimes :).
angel

Next

Return to General Forum