CHRISTMAS

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: CHRISTMAS

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Merry Christmas in advance to Crisi, M & M, ChayChay, Red, and all the others and all their families, that God will bless them! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Christmas for me was the Sunday School Christmas program at church. We were thankful that Jesus came as a baby in the manger, so that He could grow up, give His life for us so that we can have the forgiveness of sins and eternal life.

My Dad liked Christmas, but he was not fond of the gift giving. I think he thought it was too commercialized, and then he may have thought of that scripture in Revelation where people gave gifts to one another after the prophets were killed a lay in the street, I'm not sure. He did not like the Christmas tree, and did not allow it in our house. He had a scripture in the Old Testament that described a person going into the woods and cutting down a tree. He thought it referred to the Christmas tree, but it may have been talking about getting the tree to make an idol. In any case one year my younger brother came home, brought a tree in the house, and Dad allowed it. He also allowed him to bring a television set in the house, and that is another thing he would not allow a television in our house. When Carol and I got married we always had a Christmas tree, and we had a television set, but for years now we have not had television reception. We just watch movies, DVDs and VHSs.

What I do remember when I was little was that Mom would wrap the Christmas presents and put them on top of the piano. Then someone in our family, maybe Dad sometimes would play Santa Claus, he didn't like Santa Claus or the reindeer either, but he would hand out the presents, and what fun that was. We had candy aplenty, and lots of all kinds of nuts to crack and eat. We often had company, maybe sometimes my Dad's older brother, or others for Christmas. We always had a big meal, just like at Thanksgiving with turkey, cakes and pies, and pies were my favorite! I looked at the Christmas catalogue after it first came out to dream about what I wanted for Christmas, and that was as much fun as anything else. Sometimes our church had something around Christmas time, and especially when it came on Sunday. We alwasys looked forward to our holiday break from school for Christmas and New Year's which was also a fun time usually with a church service that lasted until after midnight to celebrate the going out of the old year, and the coming in of the new year with singing, testamonies, Scripture reading, and prayer. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby edeline » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:15 am

1. I pray and I wish that we will have a good relationship with my boyfriend. if there might be problems that will try to destroy our relationship, both of us will not give up instead help each other to make it solve. It is just such a different feeling when the person I love is also loving me so much. I hope that God will always enlighten our relationship.

2. I pray that He will continously pour His blessings to my family. Good health, understand and love in the family, good health and peace.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:45 pm

edeline wrote:1. I pray and I wish that we will have a good relationship with my boyfriend. if there might be problems that will try to destroy our relationship, both of us will not give up instead help each other to make it solve. It is just such a different feeling when the person I love is also loving me so much. I hope that God will always enlighten our relationship.

2. I pray that He will continously pour His blessings to my family. Good health, understand and love in the family, good health and peace.

Edeline, we will pray with you for that! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Merry Christmas Sir Edwin......happy new year too! :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 pm

red wrote:Merry Christmas Sir Edwin......happy new year too! :lol:

Same to you, Red! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:11 am

Edwin wrote:
red wrote:Merry Christmas Sir Edwin......happy new year too! :lol:

Same to you, Red! :D :D :D :D

Ang gift ko? Saan na? hahahahaha
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 am

Christmas had always been a special time with special feelings. From the time I was little and watching my mother cut Christmas wrapping paper, and wrapping the presents, and I think she used to have me hold the string while she tied the knot trying not to tie my little finger too! Then When my future brother-in-law came home with my older sister, and he brought tensil to put on everything, and we had never seen it before, and he also brought white snow spray in cans to spray for decorations, and that seemed amazing. Then one Christmas when I was in Bible College a group of us from the College went with a fellow who played his accordion, and we all sang Christmas carols in a hospital, before going home for Christmas. Lots of memories, and church Christmas programs when we memorized parts to say in a Christmas church program, and also participated in Christmas plays. Christmas has always been special and fun. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:27 am

Oh yes, Christmas is the best time of the year...it is even better than my birthday! Of course, Jesus' birthday is the best than everybody else.
It is fun wrapping gifts and etc. It is always a pleasure to give gifts and make love ones and friends happy. But I dont like somebody that get's upset or make frown faces when they dont like the gifts they get...like in a Christmas party (exchange gifts). One should be happy of what they have recieved, good for them they get gifts rather than those who live in the streets that get nothing for Christmas. We should be content of what we have, even be thankful that Jesus died for us and saves us from sin.

AMEN! :D
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Yes, Jesus is the reason for the season!

They have this competition thing going on with the spinners/knitters guild. They get gripped it they think someone didn't do a good enough job on the loom with a dish towel! I think our daughter near Spokane told us that someone over there was griped because they got used items in the gift exchange! People are funny some times, and even weird at other times! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum