What if Your In-Laws to be Doesn't Like You?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What if Your In-Laws to be Doesn't Like You?

Postby mjsty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:18 am

chaychay644 wrote:yeah,in most cases it is the main reason..while there are also situations wherein parents don't feel like their son/daughter getting married coz they will lose financial support from them..

or maybe the parents sees or can sense that the particular in-law to be is not for real, that he/she brings no good to their son or daughter, and that maybe he/she has bad intentions... so as engage, be observant for sometimes we are blinded by love ;) ;) , try to discover the inner color of your fiance if your parents is indifferent on him/her, especially your mother....remember "mother knows best". :ugeek: :ugeek:
"d0nt giVE UP jUst PRAY it w0rks!!!"
mjsty

Postby Chas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:27 am

As a generalisation as we get older we become just like our parents to a greater or lesser degree.

So guys - look at your prospective mother-in-law and realise that your future wife will be like that in years to come - then run :lol:
Chas

Postby crisipicada » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:16 am

Chas wrote:As a generalisation as we get older we become just like our parents to a greater or lesser degree.

So guys - look at your prospective mother-in-law and realise that your future wife will be like that in years to come - then run :lol:

You don't need to run just walk :lol: :lol:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 am

crisipicada wrote:
Chas wrote:As a generalisation as we get older we become just like our parents to a greater or lesser degree.

You don't need to run just walk :lol: :lol:

then hide :lol: :lol: :lol: lol just goofing around :lol: :lol: :lol:
chaychay644

Postby crisipicada » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:52 am

SO, guys must court the girl's parents so that they will like you in return. Develop a good relationship with them. On the part of women who's partner/bf is a foreigner, girls must make an effort for them to like the man they are currently have a relationship. Talk positive things about them to your family and parents. That is a two way effort both girl and guy ;) ;) ;)
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Yes, it is a two way effort. The foreigner guy wants to be liked/loved/accepted by his filipina's family, and the filipina wants her foreign husband's famil to like/love/accept her as well. That makes for a happier like! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 am

What are the reasons why they do not like you? Is there something wrong? you must know that. If in case they do not life you for something that is not acceptable, then follow what you have at heart and mind and follow your love life.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 pm

crisipicada wrote:What are the reasons why they do not like you? Is there something wrong? you must know that. If in case they do not life you for something that is not acceptable, then follow what you have at heart and mind and follow your love life.

Great advice! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby edeline » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 am

red wrote:Dealing with in-laws is not easy, you have to adjust. In my case, I have not meet my in-laws but I have met and dealt the children of my husband's first marriage. I figured just last year about their thoughts about me marrying their Dad. I felt discourage and I thought i wish i knew this before.They thought Filipinas who are marrying Americans are just after for quick way to go US and also money. I proved them wrong on that. In the first place, I could have married other than their Dad because at that time i was single i had lots of guys from different countries who wants to meet me that year and some are I would say financially stable and are professionals. But I fell in love with their Dad. It's good thing i dont have to live with them under one roof, it's not easy, really.

Truly dealing with the in laws are not easy. This problem is not the last consideration here in Philippines in getting married. What is common here is a guy doesn't have a place to stay after marriage so what happen is the couple lives in any of the family either on the side of the girl or boy. There are so many marriages break up because of those who can't withstand the in-laws are very against on the son or daughter in law which is not good.

I really prayed before that if I will get married, I will be living with my husband alone and not stay with the in law. I will never like that idea though I will know that his family are just in favour of us. So many thing to be adjusted if that will be the case.

I am really glad that you are such a strong person and you have proven a lot of how much you love your hubby. Yes there are many gossips of false reasons why a Filipina marries a guy from other countrie, having money and going to their country at an instant but as long as you are true then it can be fine. We can't blame why other people are thinking that way, that is just also because of what others are displaying but ofcourse if other Filipinas are like that, it doesn't mean that all Filipinas are like that. Yes there are black sheep but not all.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Yes, Edeline, I hear what you are saying. Just because some are bad, don't dismiss all as being bad, because they are not. I have a lot of connections with Philippine people and the Philippines, and there are more good than there are bad from my experience.

As far as living with in-laws it can produce some tense moments. We are to be the kind of people that God wants us to be, and then the in-laws will be won over. God will help see to it that they like you/love you.

If possible it is best not to live with in-laws, but if it is necessary, just love them, treat them right, and they will love you; they can't help it. Crisi is right when courting the filipina, the guy is courting the whole family, and if they don't treat the family right they are in for trouble! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum