IS RELIGION IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: IS RELIGION IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Postby Calvin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Yes, it is very important. Except I do not have religionI am a christian. Christanity is a living relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus is ALIVE. I have found that religious people do not read and study God's Holy Bible. God's word teaches that the husband is the Spiritual head of the home. He is to love his wife as Christ loved the Church. Jesus gave his life for the church. The father is to teach his children the Word of God. Married people who follow Jesus with all their heart will be in unity and go to the same church. They should be submitted to each other. "Submission is not about authority and its not about obedience, it is all about relationships of love and respect." Wm. Paul Young THE SHACK.
Calvin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 am

Calvin wrote:Yes, it is very important. Except I do not have religionI am a christian. Christanity is a living relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus is ALIVE. I have found that religious people do not read and study God's Holy Bible. God's word teaches that the husband is the Spiritual head of the home. He is to love his wife as Christ loved the Church. Jesus gave his life for the church. The father is to teach his children the Word of God. Married people who follow Jesus with all their heart will be in unity and go to the same church. They should be submitted to each other. "Submission is not about authority and its not about obedience, it is all about relationships of love and respect." Wm. Paul Young THE SHACK.

I believe that it is important to have religion. having a relationship with God is the greatest happiness of a person, without him, man is empty and nothing.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 am

For me religion is not really that important coz it is not the Religion that can save us..It is our faith in God and our relationship to Him..that is why it is a must that we should follow His commandments coz if we do, it shows how good is our relationship to Him..
chaychay644

Postby crisipicada » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 am

chaychay644 wrote:For me religion is not really that important coz it is not the Religion that can save us..It is our faith in God and our relationship to Him..that is why it is a must that we should follow His commandments coz if we do, it shows how good is our relationship to Him..

Having the same religion, i mean being Christian is very much important in a relationship. "Be ye not unequally yoke with the unbeliever. The light has no fellowship with darkness". That is strong commandment. If you love God, then you will obey what He says in His Word, the Bible
crisipicada

Postby Chas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 am

crisipicada wrote:
chaychay644 wrote:For me religion is not really that important coz it is not the Religion that can save us..It is our faith in God and our relationship to Him..that is why it is a must that we should follow His commandments coz if we do, it shows how good is our relationship to Him..

Having the same religion, i mean being Christian is very much important in a relationship. "Be ye not unequally yoke with the unbeliever. The light has no fellowship with darkness". That is strong commandment. If you love God, then you will obey what He says in His Word, the Bible

I understand that would be right for you Crispy, but if I fell in love with a Hindu, Muslim or whatever other religion, as long as their practices did not conflict with the moral framework within which I live and the love and respect is mutual, I see no reason why a successful relationship should not succeed and indeed there are many examples.

For me religion is important, the same religion is not important.
Chas

Postby Ronald » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 am

Chas wrote:

Yes, religion is important. Different beliefs everyone has but it is the same God. What matters is the love we have for the woman
Ronald

Postby stanley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Ronald wrote:
Chas wrote:

Yes, religion is important. Different beliefs everyone has but it is the same God. What matters is the love we have for the woman

The same religion is very important. If you do not have, what could relationship be? Still, Christianity is the best.
stanley

Postby tom » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 am

crisipicada wrote:

speaking of yokes, in the law that Yahweh (a.k.a. "jehovah, a.k.a. "the Lord) gave to Moses it is said: "do not plow with an ox and a donkey YOKED together"- (deut. 22:10).... so it might be a good idea to try to be sure that your bf or gf isn't a "donkey" (hehehe)... BEFORE you give your heart and the rest of your life to them to share yoked together... :lol:
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby crisipicada » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 pm

tom wrote:
crisipicada wrote:

speaking of yokes, in the law that Yahweh (a.k.a. "jehovah, a.k.a. "the Lord) gave to Moses it is said: "do not plow with an ox and a donkey YOKED together"- (deut. 22:10).... so it might be a good idea to try to be sure that your bf or gf isn't a "donkey" (hehehe)... BEFORE you give your heart and the rest of your life to them to share yoked together... :lol:

Be ye not unequally yoke with the unbeliever
crisipicada

Postby red » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

There's two answers on that. Yes and no.
I have a dream before. Last five years ago, somebody introduced me to a certain group of born again christians. Not only that i also have a close friend who belongs to born again christian church. That first person i referred above gave me a book, it was an interesting one that it opened me to deeper understanding about christianity and made me so close to God. And one night i dreamed that i was being interrogated by God. I can't see his face, it was only a bright light with loud big voice asking me which church I belong. My hands were like held by two persons each side. I cried and cried and it took me so long to answer. Then after awhile i finally answered that I belong to protestant religion. It woke me up crying indeed! I had tears very real tears. Then came morning it was sunday, i found a church nearby and went there first time. The Pastor and Pastora there asked what and who made me go there, i said "it's just me". So they were amazed but then i told them what really pushed me to go there and they were amazed. Since that day i became a born again christian. For me, religion matters because not all religion teaches good things about christian faith. There are alot of religions out there that i think not following good practice of christianity. Like i got a question here..is it OK to worship a saint? :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum