jeepneys

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: jeepneys

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

crisipicada wrote:
jadegil6 wrote:When I was in Cebu in late 2010, the fare to ride a jeepney was 7 pesos, and I heard that it rose to 8 pesos in early 2011.

I rode a jeepney from Naval, Biliran to Biliran, Biliran last December, and that was a distance of 30 km. The fare was 20 pesos.

That is true, the fare to ride in jeepneys or multicab is 8 peson within the city.

But going to the interior areas in the barrios through single motorcycle is 40 but two months ago the fare was 30. Some take advantage because during the night time the motorcycle charge 100-150 pesos. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

In our place, jeepneys are seldom, but multicabs are anywhere. Going to Malaybalay, north of this city, or a distance of 31 kilometers, the multicabs charge 25-30 for students. Bus through bus aircon is 45-50 pesos or 35 for ordinary. Going to cagayan de oro or 118 kilometers ride by bus aircon is 175. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Since then, the oil price increase and the goods increase by 25%. So bad :( :( :( :( :(

It makes it difficult when everything is increasing in cost, huh? :( :( :( :(
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Yes, you are right, don't know how to cope up with the increase in prices of goods. While salary is not increasing :( :( :(
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:33 pm

crisipicada wrote:Yes, you are right, don't know how to cope up with the increase in prices of goods. While salary is not increasing :( :( :(

That is the problem when everything increases except the salary. :( :( :( :(
Edwin

Postby edeline » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:08 am

No fairness and balance on the salary and goods. Salary should be increased not just the goods. Only the businessmen or businesswomen will be richer on this because of this. The people are working so hard yet not given the salary they deserve.
How can those ordinay people and have even less than the minimum wage to live and eat enough with this thing now?
edeline

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Photos hereunder are taken last August 5, 2011 while I was traveling to the city proper from new bus terminal to deposit the fire code fees collection for the said day.

These are the photos of tricycle and other views of the city proper
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:10 am

Crisi, thanks for the photos! I have some 3 wheel motorcycle, side car, whatever they are called. Anyway I have some pictures of some of them from Dumaguette, and a picture of one that belonged to a relative that we rode everywhere while we were in the Dumaguete/Amlan/Tanjay City area in Negros Oriental. I should post a few of them when I get back home. We are visiting with our kids by Spokane Washington for a few more days. We have a granddaughter at home taking care of our dogs and the bird.

Crisi, It looks like your motorcycle has a normal sized tire in front and a very small tire in the rear. Is that correct, or am I not seeing right? When I was 21 years old I rode a Vespa 90 Italian Motor Scooter that had very small tires. I lost control once and skidded around after hitting a chuck hole that resulted from dirt being cut out of the road, but I didn't wreck. I also did some skidding at night when I rode into a herd of horses going very fast, but I didn't hit any horses, which was a miracle! After closing a gate in a 2 track road, one track for each car tire, I flipped quickly from one track to the other, and I flipped the scooter right off its wheels! The scooter stayed behind and I slid ahead of the scooter. I was not going fast yet, so it didn't hurt me at all. I took a motorcylce riding test on that scooter and got an endorsement on my driver's license to ride any size motorcycle. Since the law has changed and you have to take the test on the size motorcylce you want to be endorsed for. I rode a Honda CX 500 for a while. I still have that motorcycle, but I couldn't get it inside, so it is out in the weather. I had a cover over it for a long time, but the cover has deteriorated, and it fell over and broke the windshield, so it is getting in worse shape all the time. I was able to keep it under a car port for a quite a few years, and I should try to cover it better so it will not continue to deteriorate. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks a lot, Sir Edwin.

Got to go to the barrio now. Haha need to travel again by motorcycle
crisipicada

Previous

Return to General Forum