Spiritual Thoughts

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Spiritual Thoughts

Postby Edwin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:35 am

There is a song "Why worry when you can pray." Trust Jesus each and every day." I don't remember the rest right now, but some people worry instead of praying. That is my tendency to worry when I should be praying. Jesus wants us to call on Him, and He will answer. Trusting in the Lord does ease the stress and makes us feel much better. Better to trust in the Lord than to trust in man, chariots, or horses. Those may not help us, but the Lord will. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Edwin wrote:There is a song "Why worry when you can pray." Trust Jesus each and every day." I don't remember the rest right now, but some people worry instead of praying. That is my tendency to worry when I should be praying. Jesus wants us to call on Him, and He will answer. Trusting in the Lord does ease the stress and makes us feel much better. Better to trust in the Lord than to trust in man, chariots, or horses. Those may not help us, but the Lord will. :D :D :D :D

When you feel the tension mounting,
And across the busy day
Only gloomy clouds are drifting,
As you start to worry---pray!

-Anon.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby crisipicada » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:56 pm

My devotional this morning is in Galatians 5:22 - This is about being controlled by the Holy Spirit. God talked to me about my daily walk to Him. He reminded me to be filled with the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit must rule in our hearts. In that case, we will have Love, Joy, Peace... if it can be seen in our lives, then our lives will be in accordance to the will of God as the Holy Spirit indwells in us.

Are you having Love, Joy, Peace, .... today? If not, then ask the Lord for it and be filled/controlled by the Holy Spirit.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 am

There is a church organization in our local community that helps poor people. Our daughter is just getting her home reestablished, and they are helping her with that. She and I went to this place, and a friend of ours from long ago had 2 television sets, large ones that he brought back from Arizona. He didn't want them so he gave both of them to our daughter. She will have a television set in each room now! They sent her to the Four Square Church to get some things to help her. The lady there whom we have also known forever, ask to pray with us, and she prayed a really nice prayer for our daughter. I am thankful that the churches pray with the people who are coming to them for help. She asked if she could pray with us, so we all joined hands and prayed, and that was pretty neat! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum