"Dating Online"

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: "Dating Online"

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:08 am

cutegen wrote:i try dating online last year 2005 but sometimes i stop and back again 2007 then stop for several months and try agian my luck july last year..i have meet 2 men...1 from australia in year 2007 but sad to say we are not really meant for each other .. there,s no spark between us..hehehe...he had meet many girls too...i think same with the guy i meet recently from canada...coz he didnt send me messages anymore...i really dont know what did a foreigner guy wanted when meeting a filipina girl...any suggestion for me if i will meet again another foreigner someday?...

i guess were the same Cutegen..I happened to meet my chatmate. But, then when he got back to US..we don't chat that much..may be he is just busy from work..but were friends now.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
chaychay644

Postby cutegen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 am

oh that is good that he is just busy in that time and still communicate with you now...but me he didnt even send me message for almost a month and i am wondering why? is he avoiding and dont want to talk to me..? if that so i can understand if he just tell me honestly not just disappear..heheheh

well, i just wish the best of luck to all of us...
cutegen

Postby Chas » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 am

cutegen wrote:..i really dont know what did a foreigner guy wanted when meeting a filipina girl...any suggestion for me if i will meet again another foreigner someday?...

I am sure it is no different to a filipina girl meeting a filipino guy, but with additional hurdles due to cultural differences. You just need to be more understanding and aware that if something is written that upsets you it might not be what the writer intended. Don't take offence, ask for an explanation.

For example in photos people in Asia will make a sign using thumb and forefinger or a V using two fingers. In the UK, two fingers in a V, if the palm is facing the person you are aiming the sign at means V for victory, if the back of the hand is facing the person it means F**k Off.

But the truth comes out when you meet in person, is there that spark between you. You know it when it happens, it hits you and consumes you and is a wonderful undescribeable feeling. If you could bottle it and sell it you would be rich beyond measure.

And in the end girls remember that excellent advice from Seekingmyasawa, when it comes to love "men are stupid".
Chas

Postby wildermess » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:30 am

Chas wrote:
cutegen wrote:..i really dont know what did a foreigner guy wanted when meeting a filipina girl...any suggestion for me if i will meet again another foreigner someday?...

..... You just need to be more understanding and aware that if something is written that upsets you it might not be what the writer intended. Don't take offence, ask for an explanation.

That's good advice from Chaz. ;)
Cutegen, don't worry about what foreigners want in a Filipina, just BE who you are and things will take care of themselves. I just read your website and it looks like you are very good at being yourself already. :D

For example in photos people in Asia will make a sign using thumb and forefinger .....

If it is Filipinos that you see, that's Tita Cory's 'L' for "laban", "fight!"
The best secret I know is that there is beauty everywhere if you know where to look.
wildermess

Postby cutegen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:41 am

maybe i am just unlucky in that time or we are not really meant for each other..hehehe...
cutegen

Postby wildermess » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:33 am

Luck doesn't mean too much. Time will tell. :D
The best secret I know is that there is beauty everywhere if you know where to look.
wildermess

Postby chaychay644 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:08 pm

wildermess wrote:Luck doesn't mean too much. Time will tell. :D

yeah, I agree with you :D :D :D
chaychay644

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:19 pm

For example in photos people in Asia will make a sign using thumb and forefinger or a V using two fingers. In the UK, two fingers in a V, if the palm is facing the person you are aiming the sign at means V for victory, if the back of the hand is facing the person it means F**k Off.

If it is Filipinos that you see, that's Tita Cory's 'L' for "laban", "fight!"

Interesting...in the US, making a "V" with forefinger and middle finger is the "peace sign".
Peace!!!!

Making an "L" using the thumb and forefinger means "Loser", especially when pressed against one's forehead.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Chas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:37 am

jadegil6 wrote:Interesting...in the US, making a "V" with forefinger and middle finger is the "peace sign".
Peace!!!!

I am obviously living in the past, a quick check with my teenage kids revealed that they too look on the palm forward 'V' sign as meaning peace.

Winston Churchill started using the sign to mean victory in the Second World War. I wonder if the 'peace' meaning evolved from that as the Second World War was meant to be the war that ended all wars, or was that the First World War?
Chas

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 pm

This is what I found on Wikepedia about the "V" sign:
V-sign

The “V-sign”, also called the “peace sign” and the “victory sign,” is a hand gesture with the index and middle fingers open and all others closed. It was used as a sign for victory during the Second World War by Winston Churchill, originally with palm inwards; Churchill switched to palm outwards later in the war, possibly because the insulting meaning of the palm inwards version had been explained to him.

This was then developed into a peace sign during protests in the USA against the Vietnam War (and subsequent anti-war protests), and was taken up by North American counterculture as a sign of peace. Because the hippies of the day often flashed this sign while vocalizing “Peace”, it became popularly known through association as the peace sign, and is used similarly today.
jadegil6
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum