Train Ride

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Train Ride

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 pm

My wife and daughter sent me a text this morning about 10 a.m. telling me that they were on the training going through Montana! This has been a dream of Carol's to ride a train cross country for many years, and now her dream is coming true, and I am very happy for her. Anyway I wanted to respond, but I have never sent anyone a text, and I didn't know how to do it, so our daughter who lives here close to us, came in the house and showed me how to send a text, so now I should be able to do that, unless I wait until I forget how! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Ha ha...now you know how to text. I havent ride a train nor LRT or MRT. Im scared to ride on train. I plan on doing that when i go to manila. But i have to let my auntie accompany me. I want to try the LRT. I wont wait last minute because they wont wait on me. Ha ha
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Of course i will let my two girls go with me..it would be fun i think.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Red, that is very funny! The train will not wait on you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think Carol actually took a train ride with her school class when she was in the 1st grade which was about 6 miles! Last fall Carol and I took a train ride that went for maybe 25 miles, up to the Canadian border, and then a return. It was a very slow moving train that was sponsored by the Lion's Club. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it a whole lot! I took another train ride in 1981 that was an accidental ride! It was my job at that time to load the railroad cars with wood chips. After the car was full, I would climb on top of the railroad car to fasten a net on to it, so that the chips would not blow out on the tracks while going down those tracks at high speeds. I was up there putting a net on this one car, when the train connected to it, and down the rail track we went! I was concerned because its destination before stopping was about 40 mile!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well what happened was that outside of town the train stopped so that they could switch the tracks to back up and hook to more cars. I got down off that car after it stopped and walked about a half mile back to where my job was!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:24 pm

There is a movie that we watched some time ago with Steve Martin and John Candy. They had a disasterous time traveling. Well, Carol and our Daughter missed their connecting train in Chicago, Illinois, because the train they were on was 2 hours late getting to Chicago! The train company chartered a bus, put all these people on it who missed their connecting train, and made a run to catch the train. They did, and told these people they had 2 minutes to get on that train. Carol and our Daughter said that they made it, and they are settled back on the train, and going down the rail tracks! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 am

Well, that chartered bus managed to catch the train and all those people that missed the connection because the the train getting into Chicago late, are on the train and still headed East. A little over an hour ago they were in Charlottesville, West Virgina and still headed for Hamlin Pennsylvania! They are having a good time! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Carol and our daughter arrived where our grandson picked them up earlier this evening. I asked them how fast the train was traveling, and they told me between 90 and 110 miles per hour!!!! That is too fast to travel unless you are in an airplane! They have a 2 & 1/2 hour car ride to finish getting to his place, and then they will have a good time. Carol has dreamed of taking a cross country train ride for many years, and I am happy that she finally got to do that! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Well, Carol and our daughter are having a wonderful time. I talked with them on the cell phone about an hour ago. Carol was concerned because she didn't order one of her medications when she should have, so she had to limit the number of pills she takes, and she wants them to be here waiting for her when she gets back. She and our daughter sounded like they were having a wonderful time. They will start back home on the 7th of July! Then it will take 2 & 1/2 days to get back. So I have almost 2 weeks to survive until Carol returns! I will survive! This has been a dream of Carol's for a long time to go on a cross country train ride, and I am glad that she has gotten to do that! And they are having a wonderful time with our grandson also! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 am

Well, Carol and our daughter are on the train headed for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvainia. They will have a layover and change trains there, and then they will be on to Chicago, Illinois where they will change trains again, and then it will on to Spokane, Washington which is the destination, and near our daughter's home. That will be a few days from now, and then I will be going to bring Carol home, and that will be a happy day for me! I am glad they had this opportunity, and have been able to enjoy it! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Carol and our daughter have made it to Lancaster, Pennsylvainia! They texted me to tell me that, and I wrote and asked them if they were traveling 110 miles per hour again, and she wrote back, and told me they seemed to be moving right along. I might lose some work time checking on them. I came in to get a drink, and there was the message. They are having a lot of fun, I know! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum