Plans

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Plans

Postby Smiley » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm

That might just work out the best for you. Helen and Scott Nearing wrote several very good books on building with stones and rocks.They were still building stone walls well into their 90`s. They wrote for 'The Mother Earth News' back in the 70`s. Should be easy to find some of their stuff online.
Hope this helps,or at least gives you more ideas.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks, Smiley! I felt so good about thinking about that this morning, but this evening I am tired, and so I am thinking that maybe I will just let my son-in-law help me with it. If that happens we will build the walls with cinderblocks. I am almost thinking that it might be better to let him help me, and then with two people working at it, it might work out better. If he helps me we might get it done earlier and avoid running into the freezing weather. I am worse than a woman to change my mind, huh? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 am

I know I am worse than a woman to change my mind, because after laying out my plans, and Smiley agreeing that the rocks were a good way to go, I got bad feelings about it last night while walking, but now that I have had a few hours of sleep, I think I will go ahead the way I planned with the rocks. My brother worked for a brick layer when he was attending the University, and so I will get some pointers from him about how to go about that. I will just not get into a hurry, and I will get it done. I just have a few things to figure out that I don't understand, but I will just take one step at a time, and get it done. My trouble sometimes is that I get overwhelmed because instead of taking one step at a time to get there, I try for too much all at once. Oh well, live and learn! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Yesterday I thought I had all day to work on my cellar. I was a little slow getting started in the morning which is often normal for me. I thought, "well, I have the afternoon to work hard," and I usually feel more ambitious and get more accomplished in the afternoon. Well, our daughter came over and told me she wanted me to come eat with them, as they were having people come that I had a lot in common with also. Well, I lost my entire afternoon's hopeful work, and I didn't get anything accomplished except visiting and eating! But I had a very good time! I thought I had an appointment today in the early afternoon. I thought I would work a little while, although I was trying to decided whether it was worth the little bit of time I had or not. Well, I went down and worked for 1 & 1/2 hours, came back into the house and found out my appointment was cancelled. By that time it was raining harder, and my trail up out of my cellar is too dangerous when wet, and the other things is that I don't really want to get wet staying out in the rain, so this is a much different day than I had planned. My appointment was moved until tomorrow, so I will be going to town tomorrow, and getting very little done tomorrow either, but Carol told me on the telephone that I should feel like I need to drive myself, so I guess I will relax a little more for the time being anyway! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum