Do You Enjoy Your Life? Why, or Why Not?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Do You Enjoy Your Life? Why, or Why Not?

Postby crisipicada » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 am

There are many times in my life that I feel bad. One thing, is that I came from a broken family. Since my parents got separated for over 14 years, I experience being emotionally down and have many heartaches. Not only that, family members especially elder brothers have vices and they give problems to the family. It damage me emotionally, too. Not only that, I have heartaches regarding being hurt my feelings.

But despite of that, there are happy moments too. Like, I am so glad that I have a father who is supportive though he was so strict. I realize in the end that he was so protective and caring to me and desire for me to be successful. not in terms financially, but being molded and getting some degree course. As he said, "I have nothing to give you but I would try to send you to school. " That is the possession (education) that someone cannot taken from you.

Also, I enjoy my life as much as I could. Meaning, being single is an opportunity to do things in preparation in the next season of life. My singleness is a gift from God. Therefore i need to use to for His glory.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 pm

That is a pretty good attitude to have Crisi.
When I was going through the divorce I vowed that I was not going to let it traumatize my kids any more than necessary.I made things work despite a lot of negative influences and in the long run my efforts paid off very well.
I have two daughters that make me proud and a son who can eat his weight in cookies :lol:
I enjoy making people happy. I find that improving a situation is a really good way to feel good about things in general.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am

Crisi, you are a survivor! I just can't even imagine all the troubles that you talked about. I see it all around me, but it is something else when it is your problems, and you are living it, not looking at it from the outside! God loves to see us at overcomers! Smiley, I have seem some who have your attitude, and yes, it does pay off, and then I have seen some who are the opposite, and they inherit troubles and more troubles down the road. I was talking with my brother about our grandparents on our Dad's side having unhappiness in their lives, and he told me that he that that a lot of people have those unhappinesses, but we are unaware. I was feeling badly about my grandfather being so mean to some of his kids, and my grandmother his wife, living the rest of her life in a mental institution. My Dad told me one time that he and his brothers and sisters didn't think their father should had their mother put in that place. He got a doctor to have her declared mentally unfit, but my older brother told me that he didn't think there was any thing wrong with her, but my grandfather just wanted her out of his way so he could move on to other women, and my Dad's youngest brother pretty much told me the same thing. Sometimes life is sad, but we depend on Jesus to carry us through! :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum