"Unloading your Baggage"

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: "Unloading your Baggage"

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 am

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin whcih so easily besets us, and run the race. We run as a person who is planning on winning. When we fight we don't just beat the air, but we throw real punches. We do this for a crown of righteousness which all will receive who overcomes through Jesus Name. We will win with the help of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So, yes, we do need to unload our baggage, and get rid of things that hinder us on our spiritual walk with the Lord! Jesus has promised to bear our heavy burden, and help us carry our load. He says, "My yoke is easy, and my burden it light!" :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 am

My mother said, it is better to slow down and make it sure than to do things fast and you worn out and wasted it.

What she is trying to say is that, when you do something, it is better to do things as what you can do than doing things beyond your capacity. Having too much load in our lives will ruin our lives. Like the load of sin, we will always defeated because the load of sin will always hinder us to do our best. Because of sin, we cannot have good judgement because our minds are clouded by sin.

How many of us miss the blessing from God because of the load of sin in our hearts? We must unload our sin at heart but asking God's forgiveness. Me too need that because it makes my heart heavy when the load is so hard to bear.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Your Mother is correct, Crisi, about going to fast, or loading up to much and then not making it. If you have a difficult job to do, it is better to pace yourself and be able to finish successfully, than to work extremely hard for a few minutes and play out until you can't do anything.

Yes, the load of sin keeps us from being successful, and it also robs us of the blessings from God. We need to take it to the Lord and unload it! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby m&m » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:10 am

The burden of sin at heart is like a disease that if cannot be treated it will become worst and worst. When it is not confess and repented, it will grow and later on you wont be able to feel the guilt. As much as possible, it must be unloaded with prayers and forgiveness from God.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 am

Yes, M&M, this is a daily thing, that we are sensitive before God about our sin, and that we confess our sins, and repent of our sins, and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness. You are very right that if we intentionally live in sin we become hardened to the things of God, and our conscience become damaged (seared with a hot iron), and then we will get so that we will not even be conscious of our sin. God wants us to be sensitive to Him and the moving of His Holy Spirit. Every time we pray we should ask God to forgive us, cleanse us, and renew us. Jesus will bear our heavy burdens as we bring them to Him! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:44 am

Edwin wrote:Yes, M&M, this is a daily thing, that we are sensitive before God about our sin, and that we confess our sins, and repent of our sins, and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness. You are very right that if we intentionally live in sin we become hardened to the things of God, and our conscience become damaged (seared with a hot iron), and then we will get so that we will not even be conscious of our sin. God wants us to be sensitive to Him and the moving of His Holy Spirit. Every time we pray we should ask God to forgive us, cleanse us, and renew us. Jesus will bear our heavy burdens as we bring them to Him! :D :D

Me, too. have a lot of baggage at heart. Most of the time, if someone has problem, I tend to shoulder her problems too. That is why I become so depress, too. I need to be surrounded to people who are positive in life so that I can be positive one. It is contagious wherever we are to be with. That is why, choose your friends and companion. \
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 pm

That is very true Crisi that your friends either lift you up, or they drag you down. So it is important to surround yourself with people who are positive, and upbeat. I think, Crisi, that many of us have baggage hanging on us that we don't need. We need to unload it, and let Jesus take and carry our heavy burdens because He cares for us. Dad used to read to us, "Pilgrim's Progress" when we were little. We loved that story. Anyway Pilgrim was carrying a heavy burden that he needed to get rid of. I have heard people talk about traveling light. I never got that concept well, because I liked to have everything with me that I thought I might possibly need. I live my life that way, and that is part of my problems. Anyway when I flew domestic in the Philippines from Manila to Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, I learned the importance of traveling light the hard way. They allow twice the amount of baggage for international flight as they do for domestic flight! Next time, I will travel lighter, I promise! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby m&m » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 am

I do believe that each one of us has his own emotional baggage at heart. As we journey our lives on earth, God allow those pains to strengthen us and also to be a comfort to those who will still experiencing these trials and problems.

To give our heart to the Lord will lighten our hearts. As He said, come unto me those who heavy laden and I will give you rest.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby mystic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:31 pm

m&m wrote:To give our heart to the Lord will lighten our hearts. As He said, come unto me those who heavy laden and I will give you rest.

I always take a paper with me with Proverbs 3. I advise everybody to read it. And in particular verse 24: "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet".

It's very comfortable to know. The soul and the spirit often understand. The body sometimes is a little less collaborative, depending on the load :D

Ups... just re-reading and stumbled on Proverbs 3:5: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding". Ha! This is all yours, Crisi, to comment :shock: :lol:
It came in real time... not sought.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:02 pm

That is a good promise mystic, verse 24: "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet". Sleep is a gift of God to us! He wants our sleep to be sweet, and He does not want us to be afraid! If we unload our baggage our sleep will be sweet. There is nothing like sin to rob us of our peace and cause our sleep to be anything but sweet. That is what we need is sweet sleep! :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum