How to acquire a Visa?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: How to acquire a Visa?

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:15 pm

This is very serious for the people considering this, but it is the topic of some very humorous stories. I mentioned the movie Green Card in one of my other posts about movies. As I remember it was a very funny movie, but it has been so many years since I saw that movie that I can't remember a lot about it. One of our granddaughters was watching it, and it sounded funny, but I couldn't pay attention to it as I was studying for a Jazz class I was taking.

We were in the library at our local town 25 miles from here. We thought that we were supposed to meet our granddaughters there, but it was a misunderstanding. They wanted us to meet them at the school. While we were there thinking we were waiting for our granddaughters we got a chance to look through the library. I checked out and brought home movies that I didn't have a chance to watch because of my Jazz class responsibilities. I saw a DVD entitled "Immigration," but there was more to the title than that, but I can't remember the rest of it now. From the pictures on the DVD case I thought it was going to be a commical movie. What it was, was a full explaination of all aspects of immigration including work visa, K-1, and K-2, and many other types of immigration. It was written by a law firm that represents people who are immigration hopefuls. Even though I had studies that needed attention I watched it because of so many friends and relatives both in the Philippines and with family and connections in the Philippines.

I learned that by doing the wrong thing a person can get barred from immigration for anywhere from a period of time to life. I learned about what people are talking about in these posts. One of the reasons they require so much from people just wanting to visit, is that they are afraid they will visit and not come back. They want to believe that the person trying to get a visitor's visa only wants to visit and then return. So they need to see resons why this person would not want to stay, but would want to return. I feel for people who want to immigrate and find obstacles. As said above people who are trying to get the fiance visa have to show proof that they have met the person in the country, like the Philippines, and that there is a basis for their engagement. One of our filipina friends getting ready to marry our friend here had annulement, and she failed to disclose that fact, and that didn't stop the process, but it made a problem. It is important to be open about everything so that there would not be problems later. :)
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum