Devotion, Inspiration, Prayers...

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Devotion, Inspiration, Prayers...

Postby Edwin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 pm

crisipicada wrote:Thanks be to God for the strength that sustains me to go on with my lesson and just yesterday I graduated. Thanks be to God again.

Congratulations, Crisi! Thank God for His sustaining strength for you! God's Blessing to you! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 am

A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining stress management to an audience.
With raised a glass of water, and everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?'..... she fooled them all... and said with a smile, "How heavy is this glass of water
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
She continued, "And that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."
"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden.
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night...pick them up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment. Relax, pick them up later after you've rested. Life is short. Enjoy it.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Two firetrucks from our station is now at Cagayan de Oro to assist the victim of typhoon Sendong. They will be there for four days. Accordingly, no water supply from water district since all were damaged after the flood.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

When we know that God's hand is in everything ,
We can leave everything in God's hand.

I am blessed with this message. I know that God is in control and so I must trust Him more and not to worry to much, just really need inspiration from the word of God so that I will be refreshed. I believe everyone needs spiritual refreshment because it will make you feel happy and enlightened.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes, Crisi, we all do need spiritual refreshment and enlightenment from the Lord. That will make us feel happy and enlightened. God is in control, but we try to be in control sometimes, and that doesn't help. We do need to trust God more, and worry less, but I am the worst offender of worrying, and sometimes about things that I can't do anything about. There is a song, "Why Worry When You can pray, trust Jesus each and every day." There is more to that song than that, but that is all I can remember right now. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:28 am

Prayer Request: Please pray for my health, got sick lately. I do not know why but I need to rest a lot since I was stress out and sleep little lately. Also that God will heal my health and heart. Thank you.
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 am

I`m a little rusty but I will give it what I can.
Smiley

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 pm

We have prayer request cards at our church, and they are collected after each service, and then the prayer team will begin praying for the people listed on those cards. I filled one out for you em-em, and there hasn't been a night go by since we became friends that your name has failed to pass my lips in prayer. Get well soon.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 pm

jadegil6 wrote:We have prayer request cards at our church, and they are collected after each service, and then the prayer team will begin praying for the people listed on those cards. I filled one out for you em-em, and there hasn't been a night go by since we became friends that your name has failed to pass my lips in prayer. Get well soon.

I am stress because i was assigned as dishwasher at the camp. I cannot sleep until the Pastors and the speakers eat and finish their night snacks. Sometimes it is already midnight so i need to wait for them. I am thankful my sister hazel came over and she cook the food. While she is not around yet, I need to help my sister Cai to do the cooking and washing the dishes. So I was so stress and very tired.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I am sorry for your stress, Crisi, and I have been praying for you. Years ago I went to a church camp, and washed dishes for them for several years each summer. I worked hard, but my work was never late at night, a little early in the morning, and I had break times that I could do what I wanted in between times. I enjoyed it a lot. A few years before that Carol went each year and helped with the baking. The years that she went I was working and couldn't go, and the years I went she was working and couldn't go; it was kind of funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It is nice that you have help to do your jobs. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum