Age Difference

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Age Difference

Postby BigBlastGuy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm

chaychay644 wrote:
BigBlastGuy wrote:Very interesting. You like the older guy because he can better deal with your emotions and tantrums?

I definitely look only for women who are emotionally stable. I like women who are calm and not emotionally up and down. Both men and women should be mature and in control of their emotions before entering relationship. One person (either woman or man) having emotional ups and downs will destroy a relationship.

Well, there are times that in a relationships we encounter problems especially that we are in LDR..oftentimes I got very emotional w/ those problems and yeah tantrums are part of it..i think its normal for persons to have some flaws like that coz I admit I am very far from being perfect..so he have to accept me including my imperfections..

Certainly women are more emotional than men and usually an older man is more experienced in understanding a woman's emotions. However there is a huge difference between a woman being more emotional and and a woman that throws temper tantrums. A quality man wants and deserves a quality woman and a quality woman wants and deserves a quality man. Would a quality woman want a man in her life who was not stable and given to emotional outbursts and tantrums? I do not think so. Would a quality man want a woman in his life who was not stable and given to emotional outbursts and tantrums? I do not think so. A relationship where one or both partners are given to emotional outbursts and tantrums is highly dysfunctional. Certainly such a a relationship could never be considered a safe, stable and nurturing environment in which to raise children.
BigBlastGuy

Postby i am bob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 pm

chaychay644 wrote:
BigBlastGuy wrote:Very interesting. You like the older guy because he can better deal with your emotions and tantrums?

I definitely look only for women who are emotionally stable. I like women who are calm and not emotionally up and down. Both men and women should be mature and in control of their emotions before entering relationship. One person (either woman or man) having emotional ups and downs will destroy a relationship.

Well, there are times that in a relationships we encounter problems especially that we are in LDR..oftentimes I got very emotional w/ those problems and yeah tantrums are part of it..i think its normal for persons to have some flaws like that coz I admit I am very far from being perfect..so he have to accept me including my imperfections..

I think we all look for our ideal partner because that is who we want in our lives.... be they "emotionally stable" or maybe because they accept us for our being "very far from being perfect"... in other words, our partners are the perfect people for us and that is why we love them so!
it is better to hear "i love you" than to hear nothing at all...
i am bob

Postby HappyDave » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:19 pm

crisipicada wrote:But still, I am scared now to be into a relationship because of so many heartaches, so much pain, so much promises and so much emotionally depressing.

Crispi, I am often impressed with your wisdom and attitude beyond your years, but I am taken aback by that statement above.

I am over 60 years old and have had a zillion relationships of varying lengths over the years. After each broke up regardless of who instigated it and why, I glanced back for short time and then moved on. What happens in one relationship does not necessarily indicate what will/might happen in all or any future relationship.

Maybe my sage-old-age has promoted the idea that moving forward is the only way, but I can recall many times in my youth and younger years saying to myself, those immortal words my Mother mentioned to me when I was 15 and heartbroken, "there's plenty of fish on the sea." She was correct and from that day hence, I never applied past behavior to shadow fear in a new encounter.

Please try to move on from that way of thinking. Just throw yourself into things and see where it falls. BUT, ask a lot of questions early on and trust no one in what they say. "talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words," more prophetic gems from Mother. :)
HappyDave

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:10 am

In the USA I think it is frowned upon for an older man to be married to a younger woman. I think 10 to 15 years is considered okay. My Dad was about 10 years older than my Mom. My Dad told me one time that the husband is supposed to be older than the wife. I wouldn't have a problem myself with any age difference as long as it was acceptable to the people involved. If I were single and looking I wouldn't have a problem with a very young wife, as long as the wife wouldn't have a problem with it. It would seem strange to be much older than your father-in-law. It would also seem strange to have children who were older than your wife, but a person could get used to that I would think. I would have to ask them, "Do you know how old I am, and is that okay?" Well I'm not looking as I am married, but it makes for interesting thoughts anyway. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:46 am

i am bob wrote:I think we all look for our ideal partner because that is who we want in our lives.... be they "emotionally stable" or maybe because they accept us for our being "very far from being perfect"... in other words, our partners are the perfect people for us and that is why we love them so!

I agree with you..finding someone who accepts and love us despite our weaknesses and imperfections is a blessing from God..so once we think we've found that someone don't ever let them go, coz opportunity only knocks once in a lifetime..
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 pm

He Looked Beyond My Faults, By Dotty Rambo

Amazing Grace..Will always be my song of praise.
For it was grace, that brought me liberty,
I do not know, just why He came to love me so.
He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.

I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary,
To view the cross, where Jesus died for me
How marvelous, His grace that caught my falling soul
He Looked beyond my faults and saw my need.

I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary,
To view the cross, where Jesus died for me
How marvelous, His grace that caught my falling soul
He Looked beyond my faults and saw my needs,
He Looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.

All of us have faults, and ask Dotty Rambo has written, Jesus looked beyond our faults and saw our need. This Dotty Rambo was in the church that my sister attends, and I thought that was interesting. Yes we have faults, but also we have needs, and it is wonderful when someone is willing to overlook our faults and see our needs. It is important to support each other even though we are not perfect. I need supported, and you need supported, so it is good to support each other. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum