What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Smiley » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Today is another beautiful warm day here. After such a miserable winter I'm really enjoying this.
My son son is excited to be here, in a minute or so and we will be heading out for his adventure.
Smiley

Postby lyrehc » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Today was a Normal day for me a little rest and a plenty of work.we have adobe weather here.in our place Sunday is like Monday to them all people work during Sunday their..they rest day is Friday and saturday...I also do some laundry today..and fix something for bunny..I hope I can have a massage here..I want to rest with that.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Chas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:04 pm

The early morning sun streams in the windows from a cloudless sky. I savour the aroma from my first and last cup of the day of freshly ground and brewed coffee. Occasionally I weaken and have a second cup. It is quiet and peaceful in the backroom, the windows are closed as there is a still a cold wind this early in the year. The only sounds are the occasional creak as the roof expands from the sun's warmth and the muffled sound of birdsong from the garden.

I snuggle back into the warm embrace of the soft leather of the sofa and look out of the picture windows into the garden. Spring has definitely arrived and the Japanese Acer tree has glorious pinky red leaves emerging, later they will turn green until they go yellowy brown and drop in the Autumn. The yellow daffodils sparkle in the sunlight and the array of red and yellow tulips give a broad splash of colour.

The squirrels are already up and foraging for nuts they previously buried. Sniffing the ground as they quarter the lawn trying to find their buried treasure. Later I will put out a fresh supply of monkey nuts for the squirrels. They rarely eat them straightaway, but bury them and let them mature for a while in the damp earth. The Magpies have learnt a new trick, they sidle up to a squirrel as it unearths a nut and try and mug it. This strategy rarely works as they are evenly matched and the squirrel can usually chase the Magpie away.

Two young squirrels sometimes make an appearance and spend time foraging, but then have a mad few minutes playing chase. After racing up and down trees and leaping from branch to branch they sober up and go back to finding their breakfast. Two brightly coloured Jays occasionally appear. They quickly discovered how to access the Monkey Nut feeder.

The smaller birds, the Finches, Tits and Robins will use the seed feeder hanging from the Apple tree. They are selective in the seeds they choose and the ground beneath the feeder is patrolled by the Pigeons hoovering up the dropped seeds. At this time of year you will see two Robins together as they find a mate, but once the deed is done they go back to their solitary existence and are fiercely territorial.

A Pigeon launches itself in ungainly flight to the birdbath. Almost with out fail they will first use the water as a toilet before drinking it. Previously a Starling was having a good wash. I must take a look later and refill the bath or even clean it if the accumulation of Pigeon poo has got too disgusting.

My mind wanders to Jaderune and I consider Lyrehc's request for more photographs. Most of my travel photos worth sharing have been shared. There could be one or two from Tanzania that I will dig out, but perhaps I have already shared them during the 5+ years on the Forum. My memory is not what it was.

The peace is disturbed as a neighbour starts his lawnmower, eager to take advantage of the nice weather to tidy his garden. I realise my mug of coffee is now empty. I contemplate another cup, but with the peace and quiet over I decide to get off my fat backside. Like Cheryz and others I have a list of chores I must complete and they will more than fill my day.
Chas

Postby lyrehc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:08 pm

That was a long one chas..lol...how do we count it in forum...lol..anyway I'm glad I have time posting now away from home..today was a bright sunny day with a lot of work..as I start my work a view from a window inspires me I saw the Nile river in it..history really starts here...time may change and places too but History will remain and will always be remember through time.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Chas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

lyrehc wrote:That was a long one chas..lol....

That is what all the girl's tell me haha :lol:

Biro/Binuang lang (just joking). Apologies, my juvenile sense of humour got the better of me :oops:

Yes. You are in one of the centres of recorded history. I have been fortunate enough to go to Petra in Jordan. It left me stunned. Maybe one day I will get to Egypt.
Chas

Postby cheryz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:19 am

@Chas it seems I'm reading a short story :)

Today was bright and sunny day , the wind blows warm . later, it will be very hot like your inside of the oven :lol: I just finish my laundry later after 2 hours it will dry coz of the hot weather here. My son can't sleep every afternoon because of it. Have a blessed day.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby cheryz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:45 am

As the day goes by the hot of summer is getting hotter and it can affect the water system here :(. Around 8:00 in the morning, our water turns dry, i feel irritated coz i have so many things to do., wash dishes, give a bath to my son etc, and i cant wash my laundry too. i have stock water but isnt enough for us...its really a bad day.. :(
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby Chas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:47 pm

For example:
P4230102-002.JPG
P4230102-002.JPG (249.84 KiB) Viewed 9773 times
Chas

Postby crisipicada » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:47 am

This is true to me. When I say leave me alone but I need you. When I say let us just be friends, I need you. When I say it is okay, I am not. When I am silent, I want your words. Oh what a paradox in life.
Attachments
behind.jpg
behind.jpg (42.81 KiB) Viewed 9768 times
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:49 am

@chas hello, wow that's beautiful picture chas, that's the what kind of tree is that.. I wonder how long the lenses you have to capture that photo.
cheryz

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum