MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby lyrehc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 am

twilight breaking dawn 2 is coming soon...i'm so excited i love this movie so much,
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Edwin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:55 am

That sounds like fun for you, lyrehc! We are still watching "Waltons" series. It is a television series, now on DVD, about a family that lived during the depression in our country. I heard my Mom and Dad talk about the depression and how hard it was on people. My older brother was little when the depression was on, but I was not born yet, as I am 9 years younger than he. It is fun to watch those old programs and imagine what life was like back then! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:10 am

Years ago when we used to have television reception, we used to watch a television series, "The Waltons." They are now on DVDs, and one of our kids have the series. They loaned them to us, and they are really fun to watch. There is always a lot of drama in them, and sometimes some romance as well, and they are enjoyable to watch! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 pm

I been watcching the Waltons too and Seventh Heaven and Touch By an Angel good shows on tv to watch. I had couple of touch by an angel dvd series and we donated it to the church for other members that are interested to watch.
I am kinda hooked to watch this Walking Dead series....i am kinda like suspense horror i collected season 1 and 2 of it now im on season 3. I watched few movies last month good movies esp comedies.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Smiley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 pm

I used to love watching the Waltons.I would like to live in such a place.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Yes, Smiley, I remember watching them when they first were produced ages ago! I loved them then, and I think I am having more fun watching them with Carol this time around! The Baldwin sisters and the recipe, and all the trouble that caused kind of tickles me! They have some very interesting stories in these shows! What struck me about these shows this time around is that I think they are fairly close to reality for the way people lived in those days, as those were my older brother's days when he was a little boy, and I heard lots of stories from my parents about the depression era. Also even though fairly close to reality, I think they made that family happier, and had things go better for them than what usually happen. In reality I think people had more fights, and more unhappy times. They kind of paint everything with joy and gladness, and everyone smiles and are happy, and that would have been wonderful, and perhaps it was that for many people, but for many I don't think things were that happy. I love those shows though. The Walton's didn't have a telephone. My parents had a telephone, but they did not have running water or an indoor bathroom or electricity! So life was primitive for them also. The high light of their week was going to church, and they even got into trouble for sleeping in the park the night before church, as they lived a long ways from church, the roads were bad, and the cars were very slow! Carol and I got into trouble for sleeping in the park so that we could be a little earler to catch the boat to return to where we lived! So things have not changed a lot! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:08 am

I remember watching a Christmas special called 'The Homecoming' . It was before the Waltons came out.This show laid the foundation for the series.It was so good that people actually started writing in and asking for more episodes!
If there were more on tv like this and less crap like Jersey shore and Honey Boo Boo,I might start watching again.
Smiley

Postby red » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 pm

hey smiley, you can watch good shows on gmc channel on tv. not sure if you have that too. :?
other than that I watch crime investigation stuff :) or for kiddy shows :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Tonight we watched 2 episodes of the Waltons. One was about a Gypsy family, a baby, a mom, a grandmother, a father, and a brother who were traveling, and the roof of your wagon pulled by horses needed repaired, and their baby got really sick. There was a guy in the community who hated them, because they were Gypsies. The Waltons helped them, and nursed their little baby boy to health.

The second episode was about someone trying to come in to log off their mountain. They had to raise $200.00 for the court costs to safe guard their property. Everyone pitched and helped, and John Boy went to another town to make some money to help out. He got a reward for catching some criminals, and that helped them to have the money they needed for the court costs to save their property.

These episodes are fun to watch. They are pretty much true to life of things that happened back them. My parents and my older brother and sister lived in that era, but I was too young to remember any of it; in fact it was gone by the time I was born, and we were in post World War II at my birth time! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 am

We watched a beautiful movie this evening while we ate. It was "Icecastles." The story is about an ice skater who went to competition on three levels, and ended up falling on a pond, hitting her head, and going blind. She managed to skate blind, and the audience had no idea she was blind until they threw out the flowers and of course she couldn't see them, so she tripped and everyone then knew she couldn't see. It is also a love story about a boyfriend and also her aunt who helped work with her after she was blind, and she went to Nationals. It is a very wonderful movie that will touch your heart when you watch it! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum