What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 am

Wow, Smiley, you got left in the lurch, huh? Heavy stuff with young people to talk back to you, and a guy who had to favor his back. We went to town fairly early this morning for Carol to allow the Medical Clinic to draw blood for analyze for a doctor's visit tomorrow. Carol had to go fasting, and that is hard for her being a diabetic. We picked up our daughter and granddaughter to run around with us, and that was more fun. Carol ate snacks, and then we went to McDonald's to each. My favorite place it KFC, but our daughter gets tired of KFC, and wants to go to McDonald's so I ablige periodically. Our daughter will be moving into a house without a fridge. I told her to freeze ice with her freezer then use coolors for refrigerators, and she frowned about that. We went to Sears, and I asked them if they had any damaged refrigerators! There was a very nice fridge, not expensive, that was marked down a quite a ways on sale, and then they gave it to us for $50.00 off because a couple of scratches on the door, which made it really reasonable, and that was fun. Now she will have a fridge. I opened a Sears credit card, and she will make the payments, so that will work nicely. We went to the Newspaper place and placed Carol's brother's obituary in the newspaper. We then visited the library where I read the obituaries, and Carol, our daughter, and granddaughter all borrowed DVD movies which they will have fun watching. We watched "Dombey and Son" a movie made from a Charles Dickens' story. It was quite dramatic, but a clean movie to watch with no bad stuff in it, which is nice. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:32 pm

I got up this morning after learning that my nephew died, and showered, washing my hair, as our daughter like to have my hair clean when she cuts it. She talked to her cousin my nephew a few days ago, and I talked with his mother, my sister, about him just late last night. Anyway, our daughter cut my hair, which was nice as it was getting just a little on the long side. It feels really good all trimed up. Then she and my wife, Carol, took our clothes over to our daughter's house to wash, as we still don't have running water, but we should before this summer is over, I hope if things go well. They just brought the washed clothes back to put in the clothes dryer, as we do have a dryer. While they were over there, they made granola, and that will be delicious to eat for a few days as long as it lasts! Carol just walked to get the mail, and I figured Carol would eat at our daughter's house, which she did, so I ate peanutbutter, honey, and I'm drinking milk. I have been playing the piano all morning, and the words in the hymns give us comfort. Shortly after Carol returns I will go with the dogs for our 6.5 miles walk. It has been a wonderful day so far, except for the bad news of my nephew dying too young! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:02 am

Great day. Went to Dentist had my daughters 2 molars filled then the youngest had her front teeth fitted for jacket to protect it from breaking. She's very active and often bumps into something.
Then had kiping for snack. My eldest murmured : "this is the worst food i ever tasted".
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:59 am

I didn't get up particulary early this morning because our daughter told me that she would call before she came up the hill to our place. So she called at about 8:45 a.m. and told me that she was coming up the hill. So I took my pickup truck out to the county road and found a bank to back up to. I just got backed up and here she came. We then walked in to our place to get her horse. I asked my wife, Carol, if she thought our other daughter who has been angry about this whole situation, if she thought our daughter would mind me gathering up some hay that the horse had not eaten yet, and put it in a shopping bag, Carol said she didn't think she would, so I gathered some hay, told our daughter I was planning to use that help get the horse to load into my pickup truck. Our daughter told me that she thought the hay would blow out going down the road, and she would rather give me a little grain, and that is what I wanted anyway, but I didn't want to ask her for the grain because of the tenseness of the situation, so it worked out anyway. I gave him a taste of the grain, and he came closer, then I have him another taste of the grain, he came a little closer, until he walked right into the truck. I didn't break any speed laws going down the hill as this horse is not used to being hauled, and then my brakes on the truck are not that good either, so I took it very slow down the hill. I found a perfect bank to unload him not far from the place we were taking him. Our daughter walked him to this place, and I drove. We put him in this place where we had built the fence the day before and filled his water tank so that he would have water to drink. We then went to McDonald's, got something to eat, to go, and got her daugher, our granddaughter, and then we went to the park to eat, while she was on her lunch break from school. Then we went and bought some hay, brought it back. unloaded it in what I built years ago for a chicken house, 30 bales of alfalfa hay. We then drove to Les Schwab tire place so that I could get a battery, and the one in my pickup truck was going bad from age. We waited for hours as they were under staffed, and they are busy taking people's stud tires off, and the law requires stud tires to be off April 16, 2012. When they finally got around to putting the battery in the truck they got the cables backwards and burned up the cellenoid and one other wire. Two of the people working on it should not have been installing a battery as they just didn't know that much about it. They fixed the problem for me, only charging me for the battery, and everything was wonderful. I came home late because of the problems. The workiers at the tire store felt really badly about the problem, but it was okay, and they fixed it, so everything was fine. After we got home I ate and we visited with our kids, and the daughter of my wife's brother who died in the Philippines, and that was fun. She told us more about her experiences with her Dad when she saw him for the last few days of his life. She told us how amazed she was to hear her Dad praying, and she told us that he really did change after he gave his heart to the Lord, and that was wonderful! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 am

Yes, Red, any time I get my teeth fixed is a good day, until I have to pay the bill that is! I have never minded going to see the dentist. Some people hate seeing the dentist. All they can think about is the sound of the drill, the pain, the loss of sensation, oh and by the way don't bite your lips or checks while you have no feeling in your face! I have always enjoyed seeing the dentist as I co me away in better shape. My wife has always hated seeing the dentist. Everything about dental work bothers her. Years ago she had a dentist chew her out, and talk to her like she was his bad little girl. She was hyperventelating, and it made the dentist mad! She decided that when her teeth got bad she would just have them all pulled, but another dentist talked her out of that. We spent lots of money, but both her teeth and mine are now in great shape, and we have paid the bill. My friend told me that I should fly to the Philippines and get my teeth fixed there. Another friend said that we should go to Mexico to get our teeth worked on. The dentist's son said yes, but they might do shoddy work. The guy that was talking about going to Mexico for dental work lived there when he was a child, and he said, no, the work there is as good as you can get any where! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:16 pm

It shocked me when the dentist assistant charged me big amount. Then I pulled out some cash then my little baby said "you have no more money mommy" i said yeah mommy broke now. :lol: I said to my girls y'all better take care of your teeth darn they are expensive :lol:
red

Postby red » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Yes, it is worth to fly here for teeth fixing rather than have it fix there. Super expensive there in US. But that depends on teeth issue though. It is best that before leaving Philippines, have your teeth taken care of. It is only 600 pesos for cleaning. 600 pesos for filling but if it's molar that would be x2. Jacket is 1,800 per tooth at least that is our Dentist' rates. Maybe higher in other cities here.

I am amazed of my girls after visiting couple of times to dentist, they won't eat candies anymore. I said it is okay to eat so long as you brush teeth after eating. But they won't say no to chocolates though. :D
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Can't say no to chocolates! That is the important one! Chocolate actually has important health benefits. When I was in town I got 3 gallons of milk, 2 bunches of bananas, and a huge hershey bar with almonds, and a huge dark chocolate bar. We have been eating the bananas and drinking the milk, but the chocolate bars are in the top of my closet for when I get a craving, or for when Carol begs for candy. When she begs for candy, then I ask her, "Now what are you going to do for me!" Actually I don't; I just give her some candy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I always brush my teeth before I go to bed. It does not matter how late it is or how tired I am, I brush and floss before I crawl into bed! At one time I brushed 3 times a day, then I didn't brush enough for years. I would brush if I were going somewhere and wanted people to see my clean teeth. The dentist who did all the work on my teeth told me that I should brush before I went to bed, and that made good sense to me, so I have doing that ever since. For some reason, if your teeth don't get cleaned before you go to bed, the damage is much worse. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Taking care of teeth is important hygiene. Same here, i brush teeth before going to bed at night. Brush teeth every after eating meal. Can't stand the foul smell upon waking up. It is where cavities starts when not brushing teeth. Chocolates are good eat lots of them but make sure to brush teeth later. I am avoiding them lately because I have gained weight. I get fat when I always eat sweets.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:16 pm

When I wake up during the night I take 2 swallows of water after using the bathroom. I only drink a little during the night, and then first thing in the morning I drink 32 ounces of water. Once in a while I get dehydrated during the day, and then I drink more water every time I wake up. The water helps the dry mouth and even bad taste, but either of those are rare when brushing before crawling into bed. Red, you are going to have to develope a taste for dark semi sweetned, or un sweetened chocolate. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum