Talks of marriage

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Talks of marriage

Postby tom » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 am

frosty wrote:She has admitted one of her bad traits is to be a martyr-- always being the sacraficing one. That's Filipino culture though, I think. I'm not sure if I should be posting here? I'm not Christian and she is also not Christian. We are Buddhists.
    personally, i hope you will continue to post here :) ...
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby crisipicada » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Have you heard about the story of Jacob? He worked and waited for 7 years to marry Lea. In Genesis 25 you can read the story about him.At that time the elder sister must marry first. Jacob was tricked. HE likes Lea but sad to say that after 7 years the parents will let him marry Rachel. Rachel is beautiful but he likes Lea. So She worked and waited another 7 years for Lea. Jacob waited for 14 years just to marry Lea and that how love would be, always wait and do everything just to gain the true love.

what happened Jacob worked for Rachel for seven years but his father in law tricked him into marrying the older sister first (poor lighting) then the father in law gave him Rachael.

Frosty, On your case, 5 years is not too long. Don't be rushed with your decision. Love waits and it will wait for eternity. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 pm

That was a rude awakening for Jacob, huh? He did not fight it, but went along with that custom, even though he was tricked. It is interesting that Jacob had so many children with Lea, but only two with Rachel; Joseph and Benjamin. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby mjsty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:48 am

it is my usual knowledge that westernian got easily married than those of the easternian specially in the Philippines maybe because divorce in their country is very much possible. But in any cases getting married depends on the partners.. some fall in love at first met while the other takes time. :D :D :D
"d0nt giVE UP jUst PRAY it w0rks!!!"
mjsty

Postby Edwin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm

mjsty wrote: it is my usual knowledge that westernian got easily married than those of the easternian specially in the Philippines maybe because divorce in their country is very much possible. But in any cases getting married depends on the partners.. some fall in love at first met while the other takes time. :D :D :D

I think I heard years ago that there is a country somewhere that all you have to do is say I divorce you three times and it is legal! Imagaine that! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby mjsty » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:20 am

Edwin wrote:
mjsty wrote: it is my usual knowledge that westernian got easily married than those of the easternian specially in the Philippines maybe because divorce in their country is very much possible. But in any cases getting married depends on the partners.. some fall in love at first met while the other takes time. :D :D :D

I think I heard years ago that there is a country somewhere that all you have to do is say I divorce you three times and it is legal! Imagaine that! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OMG cant really imagine such culture.. :!: :!: :!: :!:
marriage here in Phil. is a holy vow, a lifetime commitment thats why one must really love his/her partner before getting married. :| :| :|
"d0nt giVE UP jUst PRAY it w0rks!!!"
mjsty

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:10 am

I like that about your culture. It seems like that country was Israel, but I can't remember for sure. Divorce is very easy in this country, but it is usually very messy. I don't want to lay any blame on anyone, because my wife said that she would not have stayed with our ex-son-in-law either. He was violent, threatened to kill, punched holes all through the house with his fists, had his kids afraid he was going to kill them, and physically abused his wife. But generally everyone gets hurt with a divorce; the ones involved, parents, children, siblings, and friends. Carol or I neither one wanted a divorce for us, but it has happened to our siblings also. There have been two in our family who stayed married including us, and two who were involved in divorce/divorces. If divorce was not so easy I think our entire society would be better off. :) :)
Edwin

Postby m&m » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Yes, if only people want to live a godly life and willing to give up traditional belief and do what God's says, i believe there will always peace in each hearts. No one is perfect and what is good is if we are willing to surrender our desires to God and He will give us what is best for us.I personally sometimes lack of faith and i am prating that God will increase my faith in Him. In bad times i become closer to Him.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 am

I think part of the problem is that people often justify what they want. If they want it they work hard to try to make it seem right even though maybe it is not right. When Carol and I were first married there was a good friend in the church who I think was tired of his wife, and he thought God was going to give him "new flesh" meaning a new wife. Well, before he was even divorced he was spending time in motel rooms with other women. It was a problem because he was a high official in one of our local thiving churches, so it was a bad testimony among other things. Eventually he did get a divorce, and married another woman, quit the church, went to another church, and stayed in business with his first wife for many years. His second wife had the same first name as his first wife, so both of them ended up having the same first and last name which made it very confusing and often embarrassing. His second wife had habits that were not Christian, and she ended up dying because of one of those habits. Well now he is hauling his first wife around after 40 years of being apart. Strange indeed! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o
Edwin

Postby stanley » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:41 am

Marriage is life time. If i get married i see to it that no matter what happen ups and downs i wont divorce my wife.
stanley

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum