Why Woman Cry?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Why Woman Cry?

Postby brat4300 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 am

I cry and I'm not ashamed or embarrassed about it. I cry when I am sad, when I am happy, when I am frustrated, when something touches me and since I watch a lot of "Chick Flicks" I cry if they are good too. Lately though the tears don't come as frequently I think because I have cried too many times for my broken heart and I am running low on tears.
brat4300

Postby abufarsi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:24 am

It appears that babies cry because they can't communicate in any other fashion.

I would think that some people cry more or less depending on who is listening.

We have all welled up tears from some melodramatic movie, but is that crying?

As I have aged, I find that I have developed ways to resolve issues, feelings, without crying. When others wail in front of me I am wondering what message they are sending, to me, to themselves, to the world in general. When reading a book, the primary question to ask yourself is "why is the author telling me this?", this is a far different question than "will this book or topic interest me, or what is the story line?" Very difficult to resolve specific issues with a woman whimpering, wailing, and carrying on.

What is the proper response to that annoying attention getter?

Logic? Certainly not.

Compassion? To what end?

Submission? Not on a bet.

Wait her out? Is this the same as refusing to take aspirin for a headache?

So often I feel that women crying is used as a weapon, a punishment, or to express extreme dissatisfaction without needing justification. A way for getting your way when logic or common sense dictate otherwise. A way to rant on and on without the need to repeat words expressing displeasure.

Then we have the tears that demand that you make those weeping feel loved, feel needed, feel safe. Sobs wain after a little tenderness. But is this really the best way to ask for an answer to these needs?

Even those who find themselves gently weeping alone in a dark room, seem to be communicating to themselves. A way for the subconscious to say that "what is today is not acceptable". Our subconscious telling us that our goals exceed our realistic abilities to fulfill them. Or that losses need emotional responses to mourn them and move on.

I try to make crying counter productive for children, shunning them (after establishing the reason for the crying), placing them in quasi exile in their room, It is to encourage communication, to attempt to resolve differences through problem solving.

The argument is that crying is indeed always communication, and often the person does not know the message they are trying to send. It is this inability to express in other more productive and fair ways, emotional needs that results in anguished wails at the world in general. The better communicator you are, the less you will need to cry.
abufarsi

Postby crisipicada » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 am

sorry guys i am so emotional and cry a lot. i am thankful for tom that he listen to me and also to John for being a friend.

by the way need to go guys I will deposit in the bank now for the collection of fire code fees. so hard being assessor, collector and still the one to deposit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PLEASE HELP.... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:15 am

crisipicada wrote:sorry guys i am so emotional and cry a lot. i am thankful for tom that he listen to me and also to John for being a friend.

by the way need to go guys I will deposit in the bank now for the collection of fire code fees. so hard being assessor, collector and still the one to deposit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PLEASE HELP.... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

It is wonderful to have good friends who will listen and be supportive! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:15 am

Lately, i cry a lot again. i feel bad when something wrong is going on. when problem comes i keep it by myself and cry a lot. :( :cry: :( :( :( :(
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:18 pm

crisipicada wrote:Lately, i cry a lot again. i feel bad when something wrong is going on. when problem comes i keep it by myself and cry a lot. :( :cry: :( :( :( :(

I am sorry, Crisi. It is very difficult and frustrating when things go wrong. :( :( :cry: :cry:
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum