Mosquito Season is here!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Mosquito Season is here!

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Yes, we have a lot of ticks in the earlier part of the summer! I pick them off the dogs while I am walking with them. I pull ticks off from them every day during that time of the year. One of the doggies sleeps with me, and I get ticks on my body from him. I did got an infected bite from them twice, but it didn't make me sick. The bite merely swelled a little and looked infected, but it got okay. My great grandmother who lived about 2 miles from here died because a tick bit her, so they can be fatal. I think it was because the tick bit her at the base of her skull, top of her backbone, and I think it was because of where the tick bit her that she died. I have had many ticks on me this last summer; all over my body! My doggie got so he avoided me if he thought I was going to pull a tick off from him, because it does hurt! The big doggie, Scooby doesn't mind if I look for ticks on him or if I pull them. The smaller doggie, hollars, yelps, yells, jumps and runs; it hurts, but they have to be pulled. That was not nearly as bad as pulling 16 porky pine quils out of his mouth!!!! :lol:
Edwin

Postby mystic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 am

Oh my... you are reminding me of some scary moments. Well, put oil or some sort of gel on the ticks. After 20 minutes, pull them. If they did not detach yet, they should come easily out, because they will be looking for air. It's dangerous if you pull them and they break, because the head could stay inside and then spoil and infect you.

One time, a tick entered a place of my body that I cannot say... I was the fun case of the hospital, because there were like 5 doctors trying to reach that place where the tick installed... and it was very very painful. That let me decide to avoid the wood :lol:
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 am

Yes, mystic, your experience was very bad, huh? I have heard about ticks losing their heads inside when you pull them off. Put oil on them, huh? That sounds like a good idea. Most of the time the tick wake me up, and I feel them crawling on my body, and I get them before they bite or attach. But twice this past summer I had them attached biting me, and it did get infected a little bit, but I was okay. They do attach to the doggies, and I pull them. It does hurt when I pull them off the doggies, but I think the hurt is somewhat like getting pinched, so I don't think it is a horrible experience, but Rand does not want me even looking for them. I have to feel them while I am petting him, then I pull the tick before he knows what happens, taking him by surprise! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum