What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Sat May 05, 2012 12:20 am

Today I got up, washed my face, shaved, drank my morning 32 ounces of water, and wrote posts here. I do that until Carol gets up, as I don't want to disturb her with my piano playing. As soon as she gets up I go to playing the piano, hymns/church songs of course, as that is all that I play. I can play some other music, but I don't care to play only the church music. This morning we ate a few dried apricots, and then we have cooked oatmeal, with raisins and milk. Our daughter came over to our house and visited with us for a little while which we enjoyed. I then played the piano more after she left. In the newer book I am playing out of, it has more Christmas music than just about any of my other books, so Christmas lasted a quite a while this round. I just finished with Christmas music. We then ate some cheese with soda crackers, some apple wedges, and drank some milk. I posted here for a while, then I played the piano longer. After that I took my doggies for our 6.5 mile walk. When I returned I posted here, as Carol was listening to some of her Bill and Gloria Gaither music, afterwhich we ate chicken and potatoes with chicken gravy over it and drank some milk, which was really good. We then attempted to make the water pump into our house with no success. So after that I played the piano some more as well as posting here. I just finished eating my peanut butter, honey, and drinking milk. It will soon be time to crawl into bed and have sweet dreams! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 pm

I have been happy to carry water in gallon jugs, a few 5 gal, just to pour into 5 gal buckets for toilet flushing, but Carol is getting tired of it. So, our kids decided that they would help us get water to our kitchen sink. They loaned us a very small hot water heater, like 2 gallon or so. My brother-in-law gave our kids a pump, and they decided they were going to give it to us, well, it had an old crack that was JB welded & it did not hold, and there went pump number one! My son-in-law took a pump off his water buffalo, to try to use to pump water in the house for us, but it needed a one way valve that it didn't have. It also started leaking, he thinks around the gasket. So there went pump number 2. I looked on eBay for a pump, but I was confused about what kind of a pump I needed, so I called a local machine shop that deals in pumps, and talked with them. The guy told me everything I needed to know to find the right kind of pump, and then he told me that he had a used pump that a guy traded, because this guy wanted a different kind of pump. He told me that he thinks he put a new motor on it, and rebuilt the pump. New the pump sold for $535.00 and he sold it to me for $150.00, so it was a really good deal! He told me that he would check it out to make sure it worked, and if anything was wrong he would fix it, so you can't beat that for a fraction of the price of a new one. I will pick it up when we go to town Thursday or Friday, and then shortly after we should have water to the kitchen sink! I already have a pressure tank and the kit to hook it up, which I have had for several years, as I thought this job was going to go much faster. Does that sound familiar? We will hook it up 220 volts as it is better for the pump and takes less electricity to run it.

I dug in my cellar for almost 2 hours. Then I walked the doggies for our 6.5 miles/ 2 hour walk. Sometimes it takes a little more than 2 hours if my dog on the leash wants to examine everything along the way. He likes to look for gophers, and he has a tremendous sense of smell! Carol had already eaten as it was after 8 p.m., by the time I returned. I ate a cow heart sandwich that was very good! I played the piano while Carol wanted to be on the computer/internet for a while, and now here I am back at this again.

Our daughter from town offered to help me dig in the cellar, so I am going to build a dirt ramp out of the hole, and then I am going to use the rock bar, and fill 5 gallon buckets with dirt, and I am going to have her carry them out and dump them. I have never done it that way before, but it should work great. I really want to get the cellar completed before winter, and I think I can. I have compromised by buiding it smaller, but I am going to have it deep, so that it will not freeze in there in the winter. This is the 3rd summer I have worked on it, so it is about time to finish this job!
Edwin

Postby red » Thu May 10, 2012 2:50 am

we had Bible study. our topic was to remain in Christ. Bible verse on John 15.
watched the Gene Simmons Family jewels. this real life show is so touching esp when shannon and gene had fight. i knew they are engaged now after 2decades plus being together. took so long for gene to propose marriage. it's just sweet.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby lyrehc » Thu May 10, 2012 4:36 am

Today i feel terible:-( a very bad thing happend.... I was riding a jeepney when a 50 year old woman suddenly touch my side face and tell me my hair is touching her airs so irretating that i yold her
my hair is so short itd just shoulder level..thrn she hold my hair and begun to get angry, but thanx God for holding my temper..
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Edwin » Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 am

I am very sorry, lyrehc! :( You are the better person, lyrehc! The Bible says that the person who controls his/her spirit is greater than the person who takes a city! It takes a very strong person to do what you did. I am afraid I have failed in that way many times. It is so hard not to defend yourself when you feel you have been wronged. That is a lesson I am still trying to learn.

I was flying in the US a number of years ago, and now I don't remember which flight it has been so many years ago. A young black lady was sitting between me and an older gentleman. She was very tired so she ended up with her head against his shoulder, and boy that made him mad, and I am not sure whether it was because she was black, or what the problem was. After a while her head was over against my shoulder, and I just let her sleep that way, as I couldn't see where it was hurting anything. She got some rest, and that was fine, and it didn't bother me.

Another time I was with my nephew in Seattle Tacoma Airport to pick up his filipino father-in-law and mother-in-law. There was a young lady that was in a hurry for some reason. Anyway she was running, ran into me, and nearly knocked me off my feet. She acted like she expected me to be very angry, but I am a tough guy, and it didn't bother me in the least. Now if I had run into someone else and nearly knocked them off their feet that would bother me. Or if I ended up asleep with my head against someone else's shoulder that would bother me also, but it shouldn't, should it? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 pm

lyrehc wrote:Today i feel terible:-( a very bad thing happend.... I was riding a jeepney when a 50 year old woman suddenly touch my side face and tell me my hair is touching her airs so irretating that i yold her
my hair is so short itd just shoulder level..thrn she hold my hair and begun to get angry, but thanx God for holding my temper..

I need you to contact me when you read this, please. You were one of the sweepstakes winners, and you have not responded to my PM or my email. :D
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Mon May 14, 2012 4:50 am

Very productive and exciting day because my sister just hired for a job. Praise God!
red

Postby Edwin » Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 am

Red, that is very happy for you and your sister! Nothing can be more discouraging than needing a job, and not being able to land one. I have had some of those experiences in years past, and then I have also had jobs fall in my lap, where I didn't job search, hunt, stress, and so on. I am very happy for your sister and for you for this happy news, and we all are. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby fenmoor » Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 pm

red wrote:Very productive and exciting day because my sister just hired for a job. Praise God!

Excellent to hear Red... I hope things go well for her.

Bill
fenmoor

Postby red » Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Yes sir ed and sir biil it is an answered prayer. Praise God! She finally got a job. And shes aspiring to work in the government agency. She is picky of job it is not easy to get but if we claim from God He will grant it. Anyway shes young so shes taking time make sure its a good job.
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum