The Benefits of Walking

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: The Benefits of Walking

Postby crisipicada » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Try to walk for an hour and you will see the result. Be discipline and make a goal. :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 pm

crisipicada wrote:Try to walk for an hour and you will see the result. Be discipline and make a goal. :P

I have been walking usually for one and one half hours each day with the dogs. They like it, and it is good for me. I have seen the results, and then I have been working pretty hard lately otherwise, sometimes too hard, and I have felt it in my arm, shoulder, and knee. I am trying not to work as hard as I did at first. I am using a very heavy rock bar, and I am throwing dirt and rocks up out of a 7 foot hole, as well as moving the pile of dirt and rocks once I shovel it out. I just have to pace myself, and if I don't get finished by winter that is okay; I will just keep working. My weight has dropped, and my body is still strong from the exercise. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby mjsty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:56 am

i guess everybody walks and therefore can avail the benefits of walking... :D :D :D
"d0nt giVE UP jUst PRAY it w0rks!!!"
mjsty

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 am

This is a funny thing because I never thought I would ever have a weight problem, but look out because it can happen to anyone. I was so skinny when I grew up that the school kids made fun of me calling me Knapp bones, which is my last name, and the other skinny fellow they called Shaw bones; that was his last name. I stayed very thin for many years. In fact when I was 28 years old or so I weighed 150 pounds and I am 6 feet tall. I used to drink lots of coffee, and that might have had an effect on keeping weight off, I don't know? I was also very active and for much of the time I worked very hard. I worked in saw mills, and that work is by nature fast, heavy, and hard. Gradually over a period of time I started putting on weight, and just about 3 years ago I was right on the line of 200 pounds, barely over at times, and barely under at times. When we came home I started working on my weight reduction. Last fall I got down to where I almost could not keep my pants up, do to hard work I was having to do on some of my projects. Then came the holidays, big meals, lots of deserts, and chocolate fudge candy with nuts. During the holidays most people are less active, and I could not believe how quickly I put on the weight. An old aquaintance notice my weight gain, partially because of a tight pair of pants I was wearing. He was laughing, and it was a joke to him because he had never seen me that heavy before. I decided then that I needed to get the weight off. I started cutting back on what I had been eating, then early this summer I started walking this dog Scoobie with the other dog following along. About a month or so ago I started digging on this cellar, and now I am down to 174 pounds and still dropping. They say you can have internal fat, and be an obese person without even looking heavy, and that might have been me. If you have indications of a little fat around your mid section, even if you look thin, you may be internally fat, and that is the fat they claim that does your body damage. Some people become fat conscious even when they are thin, and that can be a disease which has killed a lot of people, and especially movie stars, singers, celebreties, and models. There is a happy medium, and a person has to be careful that they don't get that disease of being fat conscious. People who are like that diet until it kills them, and of course they do other things that are unhealthy as well.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Poor Scoobie, he had a big disappointment this evening. I was walking him for a little over 30 minutes, and our daughter called and told us she was going to be late getting home, and we needed to do the chores, so I ended up carrying hay to the animals, and milking the cow and two goats instead. Carol says that he is a dog and doesn't know the difference, but he does! He knows when he gets shortchanged! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby glacia » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 am

Proven and tested, walking lose weight. I lose 9 kilos from 71-62 in just 4 months. Just walk for an hour a day with discipline on diet. It really works.
glacia

Postby crisipicada » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:09 am

You are right, walking helps improve health. I have difficulty in breathing long time ago and now i feeling better. Those who have problem in cardiovascular system and respiratory system, walking is one of the best exercise for you. Of course consult your doctor before you do some exercise.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:45 am

While in the Philippines it was not always easy to get my walking in, but Al my friend is into walking too, so while we were in Amlan we walked every day. Claire's brother went out with us to keep us safe, which was very nice and thoughtful of him. Al is a power walker, so he walks very fast. I do that too when I am walking Scooby my big dog, and sometimes Carol tells me when I am walking with her, "slow down, my legs are not as long as yours!" When we were walking in Amlan, Al walked out in front, and I hung back to keep Claire's brother company as he did not walk that fast. We got our walking in though.

Now that I am back home I am walking with Scooby for 1 & 1/2 hours each day, and that is good for Scooby, the other dog, Rand, and me as well. Scooby likes to walk fast too! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby m&m » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:21 am

Walking helps me a lot. Not only that i slim down but also it makes me feel better. So i always give time walking everyday.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 pm

For about a week or so I missed my walking routine with Scooby and Rand. The air temperature was just a little below 0 degrees F., and the wind blew most of the time it was very cold, making it feel even colder. I walked the quarter mile to get the mail, and I decided that it was too miserably cold to walk just to be walking, so I felt badly about it, but I decided to forgo the walking until the weather warmed a little. Since we came back from our Thanksgiving with our kids I have managed to get in our walks all three days so far. Today I was walking through about 8 inches of new fresh snow, so I got a quite a workout, as it is not as easy to walk through snow as it is to walk on ground where the snow has been removed. It probably worked me as hard as if I had walked about 10 miles, but it is good for me, and the dogs love it, and so do I. I am addicted to walking! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum