Betrayed

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Betrayed

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:56 pm

We have a saying that "you can't understand someone until you walk in their shoes." We must also take people in context as well, meaning it helps if we can understand what that person is going through, and then we might understand their behavior. Yes, some people do need someone to talk with about their troubles, and then a true friend can give them encouragement to trust in God, move on, and realize there are better things in the future! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:48 pm

There are times that what we are saying is opposite of what is inside of us. Sometimes, we do not mean the things that we say. And there are people who trusted of what you are saying.

I learn from my late father to really mean what he said. Like for example, being true of his promises or the time that he wanted to visit me in the school, long time ago. He went to my school ahead of time of what we schedule. He really has the word of honor.

Like in dating, there are times that we say things and later on change our attitude. Sometimes, we are carried away with how we feel now and what we see. Unfortunately, later on, we realize that it is not true and we did not mean it. Sometimes, we hurt somebody else.

Therefore, it is better to not to say unless you back up with commitment and honesty.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:51 pm

For quite a few years now you can't take people at their word. There was a time when if someone, depending on who that person was, would say something, mean it, and you could depend on it. Especially as Christians we should say what we mean, and mean what we say. When we give our word we should stand behind our word with actions. If I say I will be somewhere at a certain time, I will be there if at all possible, and if it is not possible I will contact that person and let them know, but most generally if I say I will be there, I will be there. If I day I will do something, I will do everything in my power to do what I say I will. We need to be people of our word, and especially as Christians. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum